SQAAD

Isn't it Intuition just a Feeling?

32 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Knock said:

I may be wrong too, but I have had a different experience with intuition. :)
When I tried to intuitively cook for the first time, I failed miserably.
When I tried to intuitively have sex for the first time, it was comical.
When I was new to salsa dancing and left my dancing skills up to intuition, I couldn't even pull 2 moves together. 

We have instinct carried from DNA, but not intuition. When we have no knowledge or experience, our intuition fails. However our knowledge and experience is vast and carries over to many aspects of our lives, many we are not even conscious of. 

The direction you feel compelled to go is based off prior experience or knowledge. A child has no intuition of being a computer programming, until they are presented the idea of a computer or what a program is.

I agree that we need to learn certain skills to do and grow in some things like programming, but I still think that intuition is beyond the hunch feeling or the one that you have got used to some experience and you just do it, like when you have driven a car for years and now you do just do it. In my opinion when you failed at cooking or having sex for the first time, you were not necessarily doing it out of intuition guiding you and it could be another voice, but if it was intuition for real, it was for you to learn from it not destroying you and be a huge mistake.

Maybe you were intuitively lead to doing that cooking or having that sex for a reason, like learning it or losing your virginity, but the process itself was not guided by intuition that lead to failure, the failure happened because your intuition lead you to it to learn something from it and it was part of your process. That failing in cooking and having sex thought you how not to make that mistake again later and have a better sex next time. 

At the end, when you followed it, you became a great great cook or learnt tricks in sex that no one around you seems to know about. You feel great doing those things most of the time and you feel they belong to your life, even if they thought you for a while and you left them for something else. You were lead there to learn something for you to move on to the next level of your being. 

3 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Or better still, you can become conscious that McDonald’s is equal to any life purpose you can aspire to. Saves a lot of time.

Except it isn't.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Intution and your highest feelings are connected.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Except it isn't.

Are you talking absolutely or relatively? If you’re saying that nothingness prefers life purpose to McDonald’s, you’ve deluded yourself.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem isn't feelings themselves, it's what the ego-mind does with them.

A pure feeling uninterpreted by ego-mind is never bad.

Unfortunately, we can't function without ego-mind

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@SQAAD , Are you asking how to tune in to intuition? 

It’s more like a skill that you can develop. The most helpful for me is to meditate and wait a memory, a color, an image to pop up. Once it does, just tune in and ask for more clarity — Not with thoughts or logical reasoning. Observe and collect whatever comes up. That’s your intuition talking to you in fragments, never in sentences. 

57 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Are you talking absolutely or relatively? If you’re saying that nothingness prefers life purpose to McDonald’s, you’ve deluded yourself.

You are the one who keeps conflating those two.

3 hours ago, How to be wise said:

There are better LPs than McDonald’s = relative view. 

A McDonald’s LP is equal to all other LPs = relative view. 

You are mistaking your own relative view as absolute. This is an entry level Green understanding of relativism. Yellow goes deeper. I would focus on understanding relativism more deeply. Trying to add absolutism to a partial understanding of relativism will cause conflation and make it much harder to gain clarity on relativism. 

@Serotoninluv

Is there a better life purpose than another from an absolute view?

Martin Ball said something along the lines that there is no life purpose really.

Btw i am all about life purpose because it makes my life significantly better.

Edited by SQAAD

You know how Jesus went around asking people to leave what they were doing and follow him? Some left their work and followed him but the people who were too attached and caught up in it wouldn't. There is no opportunity of hearing a call to a greater life's purpose, or a big adventure if you identify with your current work. 

I was talking with a friend about how a year working in food service completely changed her as a person and gave her confidence around people. She enjoyed the job while she was doing it and got a lot of growth out of it, but she moved on to something better. Always be ready for the call, but know that each and every person you interact with is an angel of God. 

There's a difference between resigning yourself to something and enjoying every step of the path. You enjoy the sensation of walking it and all the sights along the way but your purpose for walking is a desire to see where the path is going. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Serotoninluv

Is there a better life purpose than another from an absolute view?

Distinctions are relative. Worst-Best is a relative duality. In it’s simplest form it is a relative linear spectrum from “worst” to “best”. For example, drinking apple juice is much better than drinking arsenic, yet a little bit better than drinking soda. 

Rather than trying to find an objective, absolute answer to your relative question, I would focus on what your body is trying to communicate to you and I would be open to the input from others that resonates with my body. Get in touch with your intuition and deepest feelings - that is your highest guide. 

For me, I like to think of it like climbing a mountain. There is the destination of the mountain top, yet if I focus purely on the mountain top, I will miss the whole journey. Having a goal or destination is great, yet so is what is happening right Now. From another perspective, the journey of Now is the destination. Yet don’t reject one for the other. They go together like yin and yang.