WelcometoReality

Primal fear of death

115 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

I'm running from it and I can't seem to face that fear at all even if I want to.

Maybe you could elaborate on this?

Are you distracting yourself while the fear (possible panic) persists or does it immediately dissipate when you run (what does this mean) from it?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

im a ghost

a banana ghost

booooooo

i scare away all the little chimps in the monkey mind 

3 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Why no I have 6 pack abs become my friend and I Will gladly be your wingman for you to finally get 10/10 asian chick. ❤️

Just a friendly reminder. Leo had asked us to try and limit some of the silliness that goes on.

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Just a friendly reminder. Leo had asked us to try and limit some of the silliness that goes on.

Thanks. Sorry. ??

@WelcometoReality overcoming a fear of death opens up ones life to much more. If one doesnt fear death, then what is there to fear? A life without fear is true freedom.

@zeroISinfinity It's cool . I have to keep reminding myself too.

Leo said a little is fine but not the constant silliness.

This topic is kind of on the serious side too.

In the same boat. On and off. 

Not thought based, really. Maybe reinforced by them. Occurring spontaneously, on a physical level. My heart wants to jump out of my mouth. Difficulties with breathing. Contraction in gut area. Massive panic.

Managed to tame by laying down and waiting for death to come for me. That way it just passes through, eventually.

Imo, it's just a new level of accepting death. For real - not just in fantasy land. 

Signifies a great ongoing transformation and an upcoming massive shift. Huge upgrade!

Try to surrender and embrace. You'll be fine. I'm still breathing heh.

Edited by ivankiss

@WelcometoReality Well yes, we are talking about transforming your entire life and existence forever. What could be the one thing that is the hardest to overcome? What could be the ultimate key to this game? So we are talking about ego death right? What was the ego again? yes, right! yourself. The truth of life is death of yourself. Your whole life youve been told this story of death being the absolute worst thing, the one thing you cannot joke around with. Why makes you so certain about that. Could there be something on the other side of that argument? 

Im telling you now that this game of life is completely fair. You get what you put in. So if you are brave enough and loving enough, like god would be loving and brave, you get everything that god gets. 

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

11 minutes ago, Robi Steel said:

@WelcometoReality  So if you are brave enough and loving enough, like god would be loving and brave, you get everything that god gets. 

I have the impression that sooner or later,

Being brave will be the only choice left.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 minutes ago, Shin said:

I have the impression that sooner or later,

Being brave will be the only choice left.

@Shin Ultimately it's the burning desire for absolute truth that gets you through. Even death can't stand in your way.

37 minutes ago, Robi Steel said:

@WelcometoReality Well yes, we are talking about transforming your entire life and existence forever. What could be the one thing that is the hardest to overcome? What could be the ultimate key to this game? So we are talking about ego death right? What was the ego again? yes, right! yourself. The truth of life is death of yourself. Your whole life youve been told this story of death being the absolute worst thing, the one thing you cannot joke around with. Why makes you so certain about that. Could there be something on the other side of that argument? 

Im telling you now that this game of life is completely fair. You get what you put in. So if you are brave enough and loving enough, like god would be loving and brave, you get everything that god gets. 

i can... life has always been deadly/to die for:ph34r:

Edited by now is forever

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

You said you already know who you are, if so then why are you afraid? If you know you are Consciousness then you would already be dead anyway? Anyway, meditate on the fear for a few months, eventually these things pass. 

After the realization there has been a deepening of it. An embodyment of the realization. The ego continues but slowly fades away. I can see that it's becoming more and more subtle but it's still there.

2 hours ago, Anna1 said:

Sounds like panic attacks to me.

"A panic attack is a sudden episode of intense fear that triggers severe physical reactions when there is no real danger or apparent cause. Panic attacks can be very frightening. When panic attacks occur, you might think you're losing control, having a heart attack or even dying."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/panic-attacks/symptoms-causes/syc-20376021

It has many similarities to panic attacks. I feel like I'm in a very stable emotional balance. I have no stress or control issues which makes me think that it's not panic attacks.

59 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Shin Ultimately it's the burning desire for absolute truth that gets you through. Even death can't stand in your way.

@cetus56This is so true. 

Just now, WelcometoReality said:

@Truth Addict Thank you for those beautiful words. :x

@cetus56 Yeah I guess these experiences are great  for priming my DMN. Final liberation?

Surrender and find out B|

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, Anna1 said:

Maybe you could elaborate on this?

Are you distracting yourself while the fear (possible panic) persists or does it immediately dissipate when you run (what does this mean) from it?

When I watch series or play video games the fear doesn't come up so I do those thing intentionally to distract myself.

4 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

When I watch series or play video games the fear doesn't come up so I do those thing intentionally to distract myself.

Ok, but once the fear is there, then what happens? 

Let's get into the nitty gritty of it.

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@WelcometoReality 

Don't resist this feeling, resisting is what is feeding it. I would just sit with it, accept, and love it (integrate).

3 hours ago, cetus56 said:

There's nothing quite like conquering the ego head on though

I second that.

2 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@WelcometoReality overcoming a fear of death opens up ones life to much more. If one doesnt fear death, then what is there to fear? A life without fear is true freedom.

I thought I had overcome it but apparently not.:P

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

I have to know the truth. I don't really know why but it's been a burning desire for quite some time. But for now.. tv series and video games...

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

In the same boat. On and off. 

Not thought based, really. Maybe reinforced by them. Occurring spontaneously, on a physical level. My heart wants to jump out of my mouth. Difficulties with breathing. Contraction in gut area. Massive panic.

Managed to tame by laying down and waiting for death to come for me. That way it just passes through, eventually.

Imo, it's just a new level of accepting death. For real - not just in fantasy land. 

Signifies a great ongoing transformation and an upcoming massive shift. Huge upgrade!

Try to surrender and embrace. You'll be fine. I'm still breathing heh.

I want an upgrade with missile launchers on my forearm.:D

Yes this is definetly the real deal. Big contraction in the gut/upper groin area. I never thought I'd be this scared when facing death.

16 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

I have to know the truth. I don't really know why but it's been a burning desire for quite some time.

@WelcometoReality That's what we're here for. Welcome to Reality.:D