arlin

Is existence conscious of itself?

291 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2019 at 11:56 AM, Inliytened1 said:

@arlin existence IS consciousness.   Yes.  The Universe is conscious and aware.  Whatever you feel the universe can feel.  Literally.

You can become conscious that you ARE the universe.  But that requires a shift in consciousness like i was explaining with my technique for shifting perspectives

You can also think of it as your true nature is a Giant mind and you just are exploring yourself through infinite perspectives.  One of those perspectives is you (as your finite mind) but you are a part of a bigger mind.  You can shift to that bigger Mind.

Just like you are conscious that the finger is still the whole hand, you can become conscious that you are you AND reality simultaneously.

Inliytened 1,

Only living organisms are conscious because they each have the breath of life, i.e. a spirit or soul of their own.  Rocks, planets, stars, etc do not.  The universe doesn't feel what you feel.  I am conscious that I'm NOT the universe, only myself.  We are limited beings, and so it isn't possible to explore ourselves through infinite perspectives because we simply don't have them.  A finite mind isn't part of a bigger mind - it can only be itself, just as one's brain isn't one part of a larger brain.  A finger is only one digit of the five that belong on the hand.  It isn't the whole hand, just as the other digits are not.  And you, I, and Arlin are not the whole sum of reality, but rather three small parts of it.  These truths won't change.

Andrea :)     

Edited by Soul-lover 2020

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

8 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

And you, I, and Arlin are not the whole sum of reality, but rather three small parts of it.  These truths are unchanging.

@Soul-lover 2020 That's the mind creating partitions.

@Soul-lover 2020 You may argue and dispute me all you want, but this is the way it is.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

My mind is following reality.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

@Soul-lover 2020 You may argue and dispute me all you want, but this the way it is.  

According to you.  You have a perspective that isn't anchored in reality.

@Soul-lover 2020 you ARE reality.  Grasp that with a mystical experience and your path to full realization of Truth shall really begin.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

34 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Serotoninluv I think of existance (matter) as being "condensed" consciousness and most ppl on the street having an experience of existance that is also in a semi condensed state.

I haven’t imagined it like that before. I now imagine that the interpretation of a subjective human experience could be limited to their pre-conceived assumptions of material existence. Immaterial is still integrated with material, yet kinda filtered out in the perception / contextualization of the human mind. For example, I am a physical being distinct from other physical objects like that chair over there. And my physical hand got bruised when it was struck by a physical hammer. This seems quite obvious on the surface. It seems to get murky when we discuss feelings. If I asked someone if a car was material, they would look at me like I’m crazy and say “of course”. Yet if I asked them if the experience of a feeling is material, they would likely pause and be stumped for a bit. To stay within their material framework of existence, they may respond with something like “Well I guess feelings are material - they are hormones and neurotransmitters and stuff like that”. Yet that wouldn’t be a very satisfying answer since there is something deeper they are catching wind of. . . Just some musing floating through my mind. . . 

21 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

According to you.  You have a perspective that isn't anchored in reality.

How about “There are perspectives within reality”?

Humans have a tendency to create a grounded, objective, external, universal reality. It can offer a sense of stability to the mind-body - yet it is untenable.

19 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Soul-lover 2020 you ARE reality.  Grasp that with a mystical experience and your path to full realization of Truth shall really begin.

I already know the Truth, thank you. :)

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

How about “There are perspectives within reality”?

Sounds good.

8 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

I already know the Truth, thank you. :)

What is "The Truth" ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Only living organisms are conscious because they each have the breath of life, i.e. a spirit or soul of their own.  Rocks, planets, stars, etc do not.  The universe doesn't feel what you feel.  I am conscious that I'm NOT the universe, only myself.  We are limited beings, and so it isn't possible to explore ourselves through infinite perspectives because we simply don't have them.  A finite mind isn't part of a bigger mind - it can only be itself, just as one's brain isn't one part of a larger brain.  A finger is only one digit of the five that belong on the hand.  It isn't the whole hand, just as the other digits are not.  And you, I, and Arlin are not the whole sum of reality, but rather three small parts of it.  These truths won't change.

The breath of life is a metaphor for divinity. Everything we see and experience is divinity manifested, no exceptions. "Split wood, I am there. Lift up a rock, you will find me there."

The concept of being "alive" is actually a dualistic concept. Everything is conscious, not just "living" organisms. I think I am my body, but I don't know how to recreate every cell in my body out of the food I eat multiple times over my lifetime; the universe does. I don't know how to grow the food that my body needs; the universe does. I don't know how to orbit the moon, the sun and all other planets in our galaxy so that my body can survive; the universe does. From the very edge of the known universe to the other, everything in it is absolutely interdependent with each other as one. What I do is what the universe is doing.

You're only looking from a very narrow point of view and ignoring the full panorama of experience, making arbitrary divisions and identifying with it.

Edited by Heviin

@Heviin She was confusing self conscious with consciousness.  The substance of reality is consciousness, but a rock isn't self conscious.  Its still made of consciousness, not atoms or matter.  So she has to be able to make that distinction.  That was something that took me a while to grasp.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Shin said:

What is "The Truth" ?

Shin,

Jesus Christ!  It was He who actually said: " I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  No one can come to the Father [God in Heaven], except through Me."  In the Old Testament, Isaiah prophesied that Christ would be born of a virgin, and called Him "Immanuel" which means "God with us".  Many years later, He willingly went to His death for us sinners, so that we could be reconciled with His Heavenly Father, through accepting what Jesus had done for us.  He died, so that we could escape Hell and receive eternal salvation.  I can't recall at this very moment where in the Book of Isaiah the prophecies are mentioned, but the fulfillment of them is recorded in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the New Testament.

Andrea    

11 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Shin,

Jesus Christ!  It was He who actually said: " I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  No one can come to the Father [God in Heaven], except through Me."  In the Old Testament, Isaiah prophesied that Christ would be born of a virgin, and called Him "Immanuel" which means "God with us".  Many years later, He willingly went to His death for us sinners, so that we could be reconciled with His Heavenly Father, through accepting what Jesus had done for us.  He died, so that we could escape Hell and receive eternal salvation.  I can't recall at this very moment where in the Book of Isaiah the prophecies are mentioned, but the fulfillment of them is recorded in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the New Testament.

Andrea    

That's a story.

Were you there to see all that happening ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 5/15/2019 at 8:24 PM, Inliytened1 said:

@Shaun I'm you right now.

In a sense that's true, I'm not disagreeing with that but you are not so me that you could tell me exactly what I was doing at half past 1 today. That's what I don't understand, we are all god and yet we are not conscious of each others thoughts and experiences. One reason for this could be that solipsism is true and there is nothing else to be conscious of. I can't think of another one.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Soul-lover 2020 You have much to learn about Truth.

Keep your mind open if you really wish to realize God.

Your mind is not open enough.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@Soul-lover 2020 You have much to learn about Truth.

Keep your mind open if you really wish to realize God.

Or rather Truth has much to learn about you 

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

In a sense that's true, I'm not disagreeing with that but you are not so me that you could tell me exactly what I was doing at half past 1 today. That's what I don't understand, we are all god and yet we are not conscious of each others thoughts and experiences. One reason for this could be that solipsism is true and there is nothing else to be conscious of. I can't think of another one.

That’s a limitation created by the mind. That is: if we were all god, then we should be conscious of each other’s thoughts and experiences. Therefore, we cannot all be god. . . You’ve set up an ultimatum for God. I.e. God should be a certain way I made up in my head.

There are all sorts of limiting thought stories I could create. If we were all god, then I should be able to speak Chinese right now. If we are all god, I should be able to communicate telepathically. If we are all god, then. . . and on and on. . . All limiting thoughts of the Infinite.