Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ttom

10,000 Hours of Consciousness Work

21 posts in this topic

I like the intent of your method but it's using a mental process to stop a mechanical mental process that's had years of carving out a groove. That's a tough one. I use a form of what you mention that in the Work that is referred to as an alarm clock. it's taught that we have to make up new ones from time to time because they become less effective over time.

For steady practice towards continuity of consciousness, I haven't found anything as effective as observing sensation in the body, particularly the feet, especially in highly active intense situations. The hara as well. Using awareness of physical sensation in the body to get or stay grounded is what is taught in most of the different Gurdjieff groups as well as those influenced more by Ouspensky lineage of students.. It's so easy to sense ones feet because there are so many nerve endings. To me it seems like it actually cultivates the split attention necessary for steady Witness Consciousness. It's also encouraged to distinguish feeling from sensing. Feeling becomes clairvoyance eventually.

I'm enjoying your talks,,,, 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn