Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
liquid

Question about meditation state

5 posts in this topic

I reached a new point in my meditation a couple of weeks ago and I have a question if it's usual. The meditation was combined with .8g shrooms.

So, I was just observing my thoughts and it was pretty easy to let them go. Instead of thoughts, abstract environments/rooms appeared in my mind and in the same way we often listen to our thoughts I became amazed by the rooms. I had a choice, I could continue to be is this new dream like world or go back to my breathing, and as soon I got back to my breathing a bright circle appeared, and then new "rooms" appeared in the same way thoughts appear. It felt a bit like dreaming

My question is: Should I observe these rooms or go back to my breathing? 

Edited by liquid

@liquid If your chosen meditation object is your breath, then I recommend going back to it. If the mind gets tired of watching the breath and you want to get up, then you could focus on something else for a while instead of getting up. Take a few deep breaths, let go of tension, refresh the focus. This can be more difficult to do when you're on a psychedelic, especially on higher dosages when the closed-eye visuals and senses really get vivid/wild.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Dreams and lucid dreaming are a dormant state. From the position of the ego you trip per example, will lead nowhere, only to a stronger illusion. 

The mind, the logic makes abstract images about yourself and your illusion of your self. Now is time to focus o breath, let go of vision and unlock the 5 senses as 1. 

GL!

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I will let go and focus on my breath next time, it's always good with guidance. Thx for the response!

I have a different take. If you are curious you should explore your curiosity. That is the essence of self-inquiry. When not curious, just stick to the breath until curiosity arises again. Then explore.