Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ivory

Need advice: Balancing enligthenment work with actualization

33 posts in this topic

@Shin i don't think he means that.  Ive never had a glimpse mine was full blown the whole thing.  But i wouldn't think a glimpse would cause ego backlash as you do not become the Absolute.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

14 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Shin i don't think he means that.  Ive never had a glimpse mine was full blown the whole thing.  But i wouldn't think a glimpse would cause ego backlash as you do not become the Absolute.

Yes it can ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin ok...actually i can't say that. The first one i had may have been a glimpse then one i had today can be considered that.  But i have been experiencing on/off bliss all day..was lingering between states and a little out of it but no backlash or anything.  Guess it could be plausible :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@ivory i think its fair to say you're a little freaked out at this point? :D  becoming God is no small thing.  But in the end this is what it's all about.  Go with your heart.  If you want it go for it.  After all..you ARE God and this is your sandbox.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Shin ok...actually i can't say that. The first one i had may have been a glimpse then one i had today can be considered that.  But i have been experiencing on/off bliss all day..was lingering between states and a little out of it but no backlash or anything.  Guess it could be plausible :)

Yes I guess if you're self-realized it happens less frequently or not at all,

But for someone who doesn't see the ego for what it really is, it can be quite traumatizing.

The paradox of it is that even though it can be scary as hell for those people, it is too late for them to go back, there is a sort of hypnotic pull towards the Truth.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Inliytened1 I guess the point I'm trying to make is that, yes, I want to know the truth, but right now I have a ton of practical matters that have to be attended to. I was simply wondering if I should even make an effort to know the truth right now or if I should get my shit handled first. I think for now I'm just going to keep meditating and then when I'm curious start taking it more seriously. We'll see how things pan out.

@ivory sounds good.  What kinda meditation techniques did you say you do now?  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I use a mindfulness noting technique and meditation taught as instructed by the mind illuminated by culadasa. Culudasa prioritizes concentration practices before insight practices. It's a sort of vipassana technique.

Just now, ivory said:

I use a mindfulness noting technique and meditation taught as instructed by the mind illuminated by culadasa. Culudasa prioritizes concentration practices before insight practices. It's a sort of vipassana technique.

That is all for your mind how about your heart? How much uncoditionally loving are you actually? 

2 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

That is all for your mind how about your heart? How much uncoditionally loving are you actually? 

I'm a natural empath but I also do a loving kindness meditation.

1 hour ago, ivory said:

I'm a natural empath but I also do a loving kindness meditation.

Drop empathy I was the same. Empathy is learned behaivor which allowed you to survive in unfriendly envoirment. Lessor then every body reinforced beleif by other egos so they can manipulate you to serve their self agenda. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

5 hours ago, ivory said:

@Inliytened1 I guess the point I'm trying to make is that, yes, I want to know the truth, but right now I have a ton of practical matters that have to be attended to. I was simply wondering if I should even make an effort to know the truth right now or if I should get my shit handled first. I think for now I'm just going to keep meditating and then when I'm curious start taking it more seriously. We'll see how things pan out.

Every practical matter is an opportunity to discover, know, and express your True Self. 

“Getting shit handled”, no....that is Life. It’s The Teacher. How are you arising to meet It?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE