Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Is Low Self-Esteem Irreparable?

13 posts in this topic

Some redpill people & others say that low self esteem is irreparable after a certain threshold but i can't find the reason Why?

What's your opinion about that? Is it true?

Personally i dislike these kind of absolute statements & it caused me anxiety.

Edited by SQAAD

28 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Some redpill people & others say that low self esteem is irreparable after a certain threshold but i can't find the reason Why?

What's your opinion about that? Is it true?

Personally i dislike these kind of absolute statements & it caused me anxiety.

I detest those kinds of demanding statements too, and they never even give you a reason for the statement and if they do its generally discriminatory stuff. 

My personal experience is that self-esteem can absolutely be repaired and it can go on and be healthier than what is was before. I can't talk for the whole population but I've seen quite a number in my family and friends who have improved their self-esteem as well. 

Naw, I'm a case study of that being incorrect. My self-esteem was low as fuck, now it's fluctuating between low and high. I'm working on making it consistently high 

Also, look at david goggins. Dude said he thought he was the "weakest mother fucker alive". Now he holds pull up records and some other shit like that. Runs super marathons and does other crazy shit. He now has strong beliefs about being able to do anything. That is at the very least, not the lowest self-esteem. 

Self esteem = 

Fixed mindset -> Strong growth mindset

and 

Self - hate -> Self - love 

read nathaniel branden's books on self-esteem. there's some good case studies and information on self-esteem. 

Edited by d0ornokey

@d0ornokey

4 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

Naw, I'm a case study of that being incorrect. My self-esteem was low as fuck, now it's fluctuating between low and high. I'm working on making it consistently high 

Also, look at david goggins. Dude said he thought he was the "weakest mother fucker alive". Now he holds pull up records and some other shit like that. Runs super marathons and does other crazy shit. He now has strong beliefs about being able to do anything. That is at the very least, not the lowest self-esteem. 

Self esteem = 

Fixed mindset -> Strong growth mindset

and 

Self - hate -> Self - love 

read nathaniel branden's books on self-esteem. there's some good case studies and information on self-esteem. 

What do you do to change your fixed mindset?

@SQAAD

I cant pinpoint it to one thing. Lots of suffering which motivated me to read, do emotional practices, discover who i am, define what is happiness etc. 

Its a process 

Ill give u a better answer in the morning lol. Im tired rn

Edited by d0ornokey

No.  Self-esteem is entirely changeable.  This is one of the great things about life.

It is not true at all.

Be especially cautious with redpill.

Everytime i read or listen to redpill items (many many many months ago) i always felt hopeless.

A good consumer is someone who never feels good enough.

The redpill has an agenda big time.

If you feel horrible and crappy and disempowered with listening to Redpill, abandon those junk ideas.

It is the perfect place to meet other men that just complain about 'how women really are' all day.

The redpill stuff is all purely an idea. Its not the truth.

Be especially careful dipping into Redpill stuff with low self esteem. They will eat you whole.

To improve your self esteem, practise talking kind to yourself and trusting yourself.

Practise having boundaries with other people. Set them and enforce them violently if necessary. Protect yourself and your spiritual space.

There is ONE old school redpill video that Did change my life. It is on self respect and the video does not mention women or sexual dating matters at all. Its all about self respect. Founder is Paul Elam a man I respect but dont follow. I argue Paul Elam is uncomfortable being called Redpill for he is in a class of his own.

Anyways, if you practise behaviour of self respect your self esteem will naturally rise. I hope this helps.

@JohnnyBravo

36 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo said:

A good consumer is someone who never feels good enough.

This is profound. And yes i don't even watch redpill, mgtow etc anymore.

These guys are toxic as hell. I don't wanna that crap in my life anymore , i'm fed up already. They try to impose their own idea of reality to others by stating absolute statements (which are just assumptions)  & i dislike that A LOT because it just drags you down spirituaity even more. 

Plus concepts like the level of attractiveness of someone are ridiculous to me. It's not like being 6/10  attractive is something absolute. It's completely relative to your egoic preferences.

Edited by SQAAD

Yes I agree.

They have an unspoken tabboo against open mindedness.

Reality imposers. Good phrase.  Exactly what they are doing, because deep down, they know not all women are not cruel devils.

Nothing about your psyche is irreparable. Your brain is plastic your whole life, and all of the neural pathways can be changed. That means that everything you considered you, can change.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

I know someone who had such low esteem he couldn't imagine a possible future in which he would be happy.

Now it seems he can only be negative for less than a day when something terrible happens.

I would say no !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

it's not irreparable, low self esteem came from learning to trust other people's opinion and judgments more than ourselves. not to mention everyone's been lying to us since we were innocent children who were honestly expressing our observations and due to other people's denial this made us consistently doubt ourselves. we also learned to compare ourselves in effort to gain external value rather than building internal value which we then present to the world.