Ponder

What percentage of people do you think are liberated?

62 posts in this topic

Well, think about this. The way it works is, if you actually had enlightenment, you would better understand who has had it and who did not according to their work. Their work would be pointing to it. It's just like any other thing in life. You'll know who's an entrepreneur if you actually become one. Otherwise, no, you can't really tell. For example, can you explain why Oprah, Steve Jobs, and Colonel Sanders are entrepreneurs? Be very specific about it. Same goes for enlightenment. Be specific about it.

it's hard to say. I think it's mostly a very relative matter. You have people who are more enlightened and people who are less enlightened. I have heard of the "ultimate liberation" though, which would imply that no other rebirth is necessary. Going along with this presupposition, I would guess that these extremely high degrees of consciousness for earthly standards are incredibly rare, probably not more than a handful of people alive right now, and maybe less. I for instance don't feel like people like Eckhart Tolle or Sadhguru have attained to the ultimate, final liberation. Just a relatively high state of consciousness. I feel like someone like Osho did. Those kind of people are incredibly rare.

But in between your average Joe and the most enlightened avatar you could imagine, there is an incredible wide spectrum of how conscious and awakened people are. 

That's my take on it. These are just guesses though, so don't take my word on it.

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me. 

@jbram2002 just depends on what your definition of enlightenment is.

There is only One Truth 

I consider Awakening or Enlightenment as having a mystical experience in which you become conscious of all facets of God.  God, Love, Intelligence and the becoming conscious of the nature of all of existence or your true nature.

I believe after that you need to deepen your enlightenment with continued work.  The more  conscious you become the closer you get to this place of Permanent Liberation.  It's when you are somehow able to be both you and the Absolute at the same time.   An abiding non-dual state.  I only recently became conscious that this is possible as i have been raising my consciousness.

There is not a lot of research on Permanent Awakening yet that's why i think Leo hasn't commented about it.  But i consider Leo enlightened based on my definition.  But then again you are Leo and Leo is you.  And there is no Leo.  There is only One.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@mandyjw @Anna1 Lol.  That's too funny and cute.  Mandy its great that you guys are both on board with Spirituality.  My fiancee is just now coming around to accepting it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Lets put it this way. If Leo isn't enlightened yet, with all the work he's done, then guarantee no one on this forum is anywhere near 'enlightened'. An infinite God does not go to an online forum to brag to itself how enlightened it is. What does an infinite God do with his time? I can't imagine. But being on a forum I'm sure ain't it. So my guess, there is under 100 people in the world that you could undeniably label as 'fully 'enlightened'. 

I'd add to that, my guess is once Leo Does become fully enlightened, he will completely let go of his desire to do videos or run this business. He will just want to Be. 

@Jed Vassallo Just wanted to point out to Leo enlightenment is a permanent state of nondual awareness. He's in a sort of semi lucid state. He said it in a post of his. 

I don't think Leo will quit his business. Being enlightened won't remove his ego. Not being attached to desire does not mean to never fulfill them. You can fulfill them as much as you want, but you'd never need them. 

I define enlightenment as insight into the nature of self and reality. However, I do believe that it takes time to mature spiritually. Just because you have an enlightenment experience doesn't mean you're conscious of truth all the time.

7 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Lets put it this way. If Leo isn't enlightened yet, with all the work he's done, then guarantee no one on this forum is anywhere near 'enlightened'. An infinite God does not go to an online forum to brag to itself how enlightened it is. What does an infinite God do with his time? I can't imagine. But being on a forum I'm sure ain't it. So my guess, there is under 100 people in the world that you could undeniably label as 'fully 'enlightened'. 

Actually that is exactly what an infinite God does. Your true nature as God never changed pre and post enlightenment. You just became aware of it. Being infinite has dramatic ramifications. God is also out murdering people too. 

@Jed Vassallo you know nothing. drop your idea of enlightenment for it serves no value. Enlightenment is the one Truth present in each and every one of us but also not present in every one of us...how much we realize this truth in different aspects of our life dictates the level of liberation experienced or rather liberation perceived 

Edited by DrewNows

What makes you believe that you can even communicate with Enlightenment? :D 

@Shadowraix that semi lucid state is what i was taking about.  Im not quite there yet.  Almost like part of you is in a non-dual state all the time.  Its nuts.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Jed Vassallo Youre right about first statement.  Leo is probably the most enlightened human being on the planet right now.

That said being on a forum and helping and teaching other people can be very good for spiritual growth and for others.  I have noticed that in my self.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Shadowraix that semi lucid state is what i was taking about.  Im not quite there yet.  Almost like part of you is in a non-dual state all the time.  Its nuts.  

Awesome to hear! I don't think I am close but I do appreciate I've been able to train my mind to reference back to past nondual experiences. It's been useful in changing how I perceive the world. Lots more understanding and compassion. 

I think there are small percentage of people who abide in non dual awareness for sure. But I think people who entered full God consciousness is very low. I personally consider only people who become God fully enlightened but ok. 

We all are God All the time after all I guess. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Yes and Leo is you   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Jed Vassallo

2 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Then you imply that knowledge  and research speeds up the enlightenment process. This isn't the case. Search how Eckhart Tolle reached his enlightenment

@Marinador

Interesting..yeah dude they're in caves blissing out.  No need for material world anymore.  There is only One.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Not enough.

At this rate the human race will be extinct by its own lack of awareness.

The only specie on the planet that developed so fast, that it might disappear by its own fault.

We need more of them,

Or we will all die.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shadowraix cool! When was the last non-dual experience?  Are you wanting to have more? 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.