Inliytened1

Great technique - shift of perspective can be key to enlightenment

24 posts in this topic

Guys im gonna tell you what i think can be a very key step to getting enlightened.

While meditating stare at your hand.

Now look at one of the fingers on your hand 

See it as the finger.  A part of the whole hand.

Now keep staring at the finger.  But now become conscious that it is the whole hand.

That "shift" in consciousness is what ultimately can lead to Enlightenment if you can do that.

You will start feeling the sensations in your body that is the bliss of a mystical experience.

Heres why this is so effective.

You are first seeing the finger as that part.  A part of the whole hand.  That is like what your consciousness is like to Universal consciousness or God.  Or another way is that you yourself are a finitude of infinity.

If you can make this shift in consciousness just keep doing it over and over until the mystical experience happens.

You can start working on that shift in consciousness with your little consciousness vs God Too..once u can make that shift...well fuck you will drop to your knees and weep 

This is the whole chabang guys.  All reality is is a shift in perspective.  You can look at things as a part and be conscious that they are the part and you can look at the part and become conscious that its the whole thing.

That's how God works his magic.  Its all shifts in consciousness

I would like Leo to comment on this too because for me as soon as i make the shifts ..i feel Being.  On days like today anyway..when i had a mystical experience.

But you have to keep doing that over and over.  

How fast enlightenment happens may also depend on how spiritually gifted you are too so don't get discouraged.   I know I'm making this sound easy so maybe it isn't going to be easy for everyone.

But this it guys.  Not just looking at the hand.  But doing the shifts in consciousness.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Cool. Thanks @Inliytened1  I will try it!!!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I have found that a shift in "attention" has the same or similar effect.

Perhaps it's what you are describing, but using different terminology, since this stuff is hard to describe.

For me the result is BEing aware that you ARE awareness/reality, here and now. There is a knowing/being that every-thing perceivable, both subtle and gross, is me and isn't me, simultaneously. (Nisargadatta- wisdom is knowing I am no-thing, love is knowing I am every-thing, between the two my life moves).

So, attention is awareness (absolute/reality) focused through the mind onto objects. The more contracted the focus, the more one is concentrated on individuality.

The more dispersed and turned inward the attention (awareness aware of itself) the greater probability that one is BEing their true Self/awareness (shifts identity) and if youre not used to this, could be a spiritual awakening.

Just my 2 cents

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 yes as i read the first sentence of your third paragraph i felt Being.  So we are talking about the same thing.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@Inliytened1 Okay, good.

To combine the two, I would add that when you refer to looking at the finger that would be the outward movement of attention vs when focus is placed on the hand, that's the inward/dispersed movement of attention.

Well, that's my opinion at least.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

You know what? I was doing it. Lol

11 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Haha ?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Marinador that's fair.  So i guess this can be viewed as a tool in your toolbelt.  I know i had a lifetime where i suffered and grew more conscious without spirituality in a sense purifying the ego..fighting thru addictions..etc.  so true this is a very tricky thing.   There is no magic pill for enlightenment.  It happens when it wants to.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1

This is very interesting and helpful, bookmarked it ?

Thank you Dave ❤️

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict your quite welcome. 

Of course as Marinador has pointed out, there is no magic pill for Enlightenment.  It happens when it happens.

I was just excited about the realization of how this shift in consciousness back and forth seems very key somehow.  I felt that during my initial Awakening but it became very clear with this mystical experience.  Of which I'm still blissing out.  Can't focus on work at all :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Shift of perspective can be done by breath. Training something will lead to a different ego.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

1 minute ago, Hellspeed said:

Shift of perspective can be done by breath. Training something will lead to a different ego.

Dude, what the F are you talking about? Haha

Okay, i have done this and something came to my attention that i would like your opinion on guy's. Was looking at my finger and hand and then when i turned it around i thought hey i can't see the back/otherside of my hand no matter which way i turn it. Then i thought to myself but that is the nothingness that people keep talking about. Is this what they mean by nothingness in a way, is it a small glimpse or is my mind bs-ing me??

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

@Joker_Theory Yes you are onto it.  Thats the formless.  Pure potential or Pure consciousness.   Your perspective is the formed.  You can see the side in your direct experience.  Were you able to become conscious of the finger as the whole hand?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I get what your getting at with the exercise but had no shift. I am still freaking out in a good way, like being amazed by that and now knowing that it is what the formless is. wowwww to me this is amazing discovery so still trying to be in that awareness of this formless and what it is, hoping to get more of an experience and still looking at me hand and see what happens.

thanks  :)

Edited by Joker_Theory

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless