mandyjw

Mirror, Mirror

90 posts in this topic

Thank you for pointing this out. Wasn’t sure if that is what you meant. Quite possible I have a bias against woman, against mom 

like I said I never respected her most of my life, this isn’t to say I didn’t love her and haven’t been working to show her respect now 

I gave myself life and I reach out to Tsuki because I thought he would be familiar with the perspective/understanding I shared 

I’m intrigued by this journal but not certain I use it properly. Mandy thanks for caring 

@DrewNows If you're gaining insights from it, I think you're using it properly ^_^

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

@DrewNows :xI tend to speak more from the heart. Sometimes it doesn't have much to say.

Tsuki can definitely help you a lot. 

There is no proper use of this journal. It's complete chaos. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, DrewNows said:

appreciate the clarity and wisdom 

You're welcome, man. I appreciate your questions because I have to push my understanding, make it clearer. I'm glad you found it useful.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@jbram2002 in all honesty I’ve felt as if I’ve been forced to take steps backwards  being here but i won’t say it hasn’t had its return. If I feel stuck then any direction is going to be necessary haha 

@DrewNows C.S. Lewis once had a very profound quote on that, which I will now butcher: If we intend to make progress and are traveling down the wrong path, the quickest way forward is to turn around, find the right path, and start again.

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

14 hours ago, jbram2002 said:

@DrewNows C.S. Lewis once had a very profound quote on that, which I will now butcher: If we intend to make progress and are traveling down the wrong path, the quickest way forward is to turn around, find the right path, and start again.

@jbram2002 Yeah best to avoid what psychologists refer to as the 'sunken cost bias.' Basically where you keep pouring more resources into a pastime because you've already invested so much in it and don't want to feel you've wasted it all. Always better to cut your losses 

Edited by Wisebaxter

amazing shortish video here relating to mirroring 

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2