mandyjw

Mirror, Mirror

90 posts in this topic

Why does everyone have to make it all about ME again. It's not, it's about YOU. Leave me alone or I'll go hide in the woods again. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

10 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Why does everyone have to make it all about ME again. It's not, it's about YOU. Leave me alone or I'll go hide in the woods again. 

It's all about (->)Y(<-)ou

Sweetheart

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 5/13/2019 at 4:17 PM, mandyjw said:

Everyone is welcome. 

Well, almost everyone.

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

18 minutes ago, jbram2002 said:

Well, almost everyone.

You know me best, therefore you can trigger me best. You take my reaction of being triggered and fighting for space as personally you not being welcome. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

You know, there is a reason why shadow work works best with people you can't punch in the face 9_9.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki xDxDxD Apparently I've graduated to the next level. 

Oh yeah, fighting with your husband for his own good is the best excuse I've heard.
Now it even has a spiritual twist - shadow work.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

You know, there is a reason why shadow work works best with people you can't punch in the face 9_9.

Best reason to find a SO for a healthy spiritual relationship ?

Can't escape the shadow work even if you want to ?

God is love

And God in them

Strangely enough my responsibility issues are mostly pointing to a problem related to my career/business. 

@tsuki Some of us have no desire to punch our spouses in the face. Being open and honest with one's spouse is an integral part of a relationship, as long as both parties are open to it. 

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

@jbram2002 Yes, Mr officer. I'll be good to my spouse from now on :ph34r:.

Edited by tsuki

1 hour ago, tsuki said:

@jbram2002 Yes, Mr officer. I'll be good to my spouse from now on :ph34r:.

Different meaning for different people ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@jbram2002 is quite an authoritarian today. When your wife forgets the laundry and you run out of clean underwear, no more Mr. Nice Guy. 

29 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@jbram2002 is quite an authoritarian today. When your wife forgets the laundry and you run out of clean underwear, no more Mr. Nice Guy. 

?????

Have you done it on purpose ?

?

God is love

And God in them

@jbram2002

Thank you, oh lord, for the white blind light. 
Let me tell you about heartache in the loss of god...
wandering, wandering a hopeless night. 
Moonshine night, mountain village insane in the woods in the deep trees.
...in the deep trees...
...in the deep trees...

Jim Morrison "the white blind light"

"All is one, now go fuck yourself"

Make peace with your inner child

IMG_0573.JPG

"I'm here to resolve the madness"

"I was brought here to free you from the shit that doesn't work."

Quotes above from Matt Kahn in this video making an argument AGAINST shadow work.

@Wisebaxter Thank you for sending this video link to me last night.

Metanoia = reversal

"Break on through to the other side" - more Jim Morrison

?

IMG_0443.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot I'm listening to that Matt Kahn video now. 

I think shadow work or working with other people needs to be carefully balanced with working on your alone. There's really no difference between the two. 

We don't think we can accept who we are because we feel like others can't accept who we are. The more beautiful pictures we put on Facebook and the better that we curate them, the more we feel awful about the unflattering pictures that get taken of us. The more spiritual work we do the worse we feel when we really lose it of fall into an old pattern. 

When you have a toddler age kid it's like their tantrums are there to test your love. The kid really wants to see if they lose their shit and ruin Thanksgiving dinner in front of your in-laws, will you still love them through it? Or will you lose your own temper and hit them? 

Shadow work, done with another person is testing Love's bounds. It's saying here, I am this is the raw unpolished me. Can you love it anyway? If someone can love us who has seen our deepest darkest side then truly, we can love ourselves. If we love ourselves then truly, there is nothing about anyone else that our love can be overpowered by. 

If you can get there without someone else's help, that's amazing. But some of us are strong willed toddlers who want to test the limits of God's love. 

6 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Your first problem, oh mirror, is that you're making that sound like it's not an honorable noble thing to do. Why is that? Have you been shamed for over sharing in the past? 

I’ve probably been shamed but it seems it’s hard to recognize as it usually comes from myself. I’ll often find myself tip toeing on egg shells in life.