Yellow_Girl

The Loneliness of Yellow Spiral Thinking

90 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

I’m not talking about more analysis and and constructing more complex understanding. I agree that inner work is unique to an individual, yet empathic understanding can reduce the restriction of the uniqueness to the individual. 

Yeah I was reffering to the OP and her need to search externally to solve the inner conflicts she’s creating 

If I wanted to learn to play the guitar and arrived to the first lesson and noticed a dog training session going on, it probably won’t be very helpful. They tell me “you need to do Inner Work with your relationship with your pet dog to form a deep connection with your dog”. That is all fine and dandy, yet I don’t even have a dog and I’m looking to learn to play the guitar. I would realize that I went to the wrong room, politely end the conversation and then continue to look for the guitar lesson room. If I go to the next room over and find the guitar master he might tell me “You need to do some Inner Work with your relationship to the guitar and limiting beliefs that you can’t play the guitar”. Now that Inner Work would be helpful. 

Gold. However I might suspect there may be a dog coming into your life in the near future ?

inner work has a nak for impacting every aspect of one’s life despite the perceived pointlessness of a situation :D 

My comments were not directed at you. They were general, impersonal comments. 

Cool. Always respect your perspective 

What you raise about belief systems and anti-belief systems is interesting to me. It’s a form of a duality that is great for exploration. I will likely ponder that as the day goes on ? 

?

Talking to you in person would be such a trip man ??

Awesome here’s my thoughts. I feel the issue of anti beliefs comes from either overlooking the inward dynamic of beliefs or not considering their relation with the self. I used to overlook the importance of the relative and had some really dumb interactions with friends and family. New beliefs especially about beliefs can be very alluring to adopt and then quite sticky haha 

Wow! I came back here and didn't expect to see so many replies.

Thanks everyone, I need to go through and read and understand.

I'm sorry if I was triggered on Monday. I should have known better. I'll not run away. In fact, I'll read and respond to this stuff during my next break!

@Yellow_Girl I see a number of similarities between you and I. I was encouraging you to stay because I believe you can bring value to this forum. You are still adjusting to a new way of being and it can be a bit isolating. For what it's worth, I just became a member at the local Zen center and joined a philosophy group. I need to be around other deep thinkers. There is some truth three jewels of buddhism: Take refuge in the sangha. It helps with the isolation. That said, I do believe that I, personally, need to work on my social skills a bit so I can relate to more people. In other words, I have yet to integrate some of the crucial qualities that are typically developed in red, blue, and orange. We all have work to do, none of us are pure yellow. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Edited by ivory

Yeah, this thread is quite old, but I don't care.

Just stumbled upon this by accident and holy fuck!

The amount of smugness displayed in this thread by the self-proclaimed empathy experts is unbelievable.

Acknowledging your own development is BY NO MEANS a lack of humility.

These people who are so convinced that they are beyond the ego whereas someone like OP is just stuck in her issues are pretty much the biggest spiritual egomaniacs I've ever had the displeasure of meeting (and that means something).

Someone like this talking about humility is an absolute fucking joke! 

In fact OP was very likely more spiritually attained and humble than most of the responders. And some of those are moderators here.

Seriously considering deleting my account and getting the fuck outta here over this.

And yes, you can call me "triggered" or whatever if you are an immature moron.

Cheers (not really)

Edited by Jungian_Proxy

Pretty impressive use of language in the OP. Definitely reads as yellow to me. Don't think I've even seen that on here before.

Edited by calibrate

One of the biggest traps of this work - criticizing and developing a spiritual ego...

On 3/6/2020 at 2:09 PM, Jungian_Proxy said:

Yeah, this thread is quite old, but I don't care.

Just stumbled upon this by accident and holy fuck!

The amount of smugness displayed in this thread by the self-proclaimed empathy experts is unbelievable.

Acknowledging your own development is BY NO MEANS a lack of humility.

These people who are so convinced that they are beyond the ego whereas someone like OP is just stuck in her issues are pretty much the biggest spiritual egomaniacs I've ever had the displeasure of meeting (and that means something).

Someone like this talking about humility is an absolute fucking joke! 

In fact OP was very likely more spiritually attained and humble than most of the responders. And some of those are moderators here.

Seriously considering deleting my account and getting the fuck outta here over this.

And yes, you can call me "triggered" or whatever if you are an immature moron.

Cheers (not really)

Wow dude:|

On 10.3.2020 at 10:58 AM, CultivateLove said:

Wow dude:|

Just curious - What does that reaction mean? Do you think my anger was misplaced here - and if so, why? What did you think about this whole thread in general? 

@Yellow_Girl Pay close attention to what I am about to say:

All of these things that you have listed are natural limitations of yellow.

We overcome these limitstion by doing much much more spiritual purification work on ourselves.

If you are feeling the limitations of yellow. Perhaps it is time to begin taking your spirituality more seriously. This would move you into turquoise.

More books won't do the trick. Only thousands of hours of spiritual practices.

Good luck!

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Hi Yellow_girl.

I can understand where you're coming from in the OP. I suppose that is one of the reasons that we find ourselves on this forum, in an attempt to find like minded individuals. 

Personally I have found that breakthroughs in understanding often come with the feeling of isolation, feeling trapped in expanded awareness that we cannot share or force onto others. When the initial excitement has died down and I meditate on the meaning of the realisation I can see the tricky threads of ego doing their usual grasping, attempting to identify with and label the new information in relation to itself.

Information needs to be integrated into being rather than than hung up as a certificate of achievement from which self might attempt to compare or judge others. Once integrated I find myself back in harmony with all that is including my lovely companion "self," and the feeling of isolation transmutes into a feeling of compassion towards others. In harmony I am filled with love and give love in all I do knowing each action or inaction changes the world one thought at a time. To feel lonely is to feel self. Be buddha, be self-less or at least self-a-little-bit-less. 

Love.