Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
non_nothing

Give advice: Unable to do work at home but able to at outside

13 posts in this topic

I really have no idea but whenever I get to home, especially my room, I don't want to do anything. When I am at outside, I always plan and even sometimes take action and bring out paper and pen, sit somewhere near, and do contemplation, writing et.c. plan things. The thing is my job is with computers, I write code and I need my desktop which is in my room. But It is dark and unmotivating to be there, since childhood. The end node is I have to somehow manage to work with my computer. How would I deal with this issue?

I recently had a similar type problem. I got some advice from a town planner about how I could make my study more inviting and condusive to productive work. You could probably google it, but she saw the room and then recommend quite a few changes and additions and it worked really well and I can work for hours in there now. 

4 minutes ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

I recently had a similar type problem. I got some advice from a town planner about how I could make my study more inviting and condusive to productive work. You could probably google it, but she saw the room and then recommend quite a few changes and additions and it worked really well and I can work for hours in there now. 

You mean I should make my room more presentable for my eyes?

@non_nothing

Your room is haunted! :o

No, seriously, I think it has to do with the weather of your room and home in general.

Maybe the air is not fresh enough, therefore not enough O2.

Maybe the humidity in your room is causing you discomfort, therefore not enough focus.

Maybe the sun is not permeating well, therefore not enough wakefulness.

Maybe the temperature is not so great, therefore not enough relaxation.

Maybe you're just used to not doing anything serious at home, therefore not enough motivation.

If you can't seem to find the problem, then I think it's better to move, because the problem won't simply just go away.

I also think that @Flatworld Crusades has some great ideas, maybe try them out.

Edited by Truth Addict

2 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

You mean I should make my room more presentable for my eyes?

Ok, so she didn't get me to clean my space up, it was more about ,the physical position of furniture, the rugs or mats on the floor, the desktop and how it was laid out, prints on them walls, plants etc

3 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@non_nothing

Your room is haunted! :o

[CHECK] No, seriously, I think it has to do with the weather of your room and home in general.

Maybe the air is not fresh enough, therefore not enough O2.

Maybe the humidity in your room is causing you discomfort, therefore not enough focus.

[CHECK] Maybe the sun is not permeating well, therefore not enough wakefulness.

[CHECK] Maybe you're just used to not doing anything serious at home, therefore not enough motivation.

If you can't seem to find the problem, then I think it's better to move, because the problem won't simply just go away.

I also think that @Flatworld Crusades has some great ideas, maybe try them out.

5 minutes ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

Ok, so she didn't get me to clean my space up, it was more about ,the physical position of furniture, the rugs or mats on the floor, the desktop and how it was laid out, prints on them walls, plants etc

I have a lot of things in my room maybe thats why,

@Truth Addict @non_nothing  A good energetic clearing would be useful especially it is haunted. 

Id Google productive workspaces and see what they say. I can't really give you direct advice as I just told you what my experience was. I'm not a expert 

4 minutes ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

@Truth Addict @non_nothing  A good energetic clearing would be useful especially it is haunted. 

Id Google productive workspaces and see what they say. I can't really give you direct advice as I just told you what my experience was. I'm not a expert 

Thanks Ill do that

How about  not touching any electronic in your house, I am sure motivation to do something will come. 

Edited by purerogue

7 minutes ago, purerogue said:

How about  not touching any electronic in your house, I am sure motivation to do something will come. 

My job is software...

1 hour ago, non_nothing said:

I really have no idea but whenever I get to home, especially my room, I don't want to do anything. When I am at outside, I always plan and even sometimes take action and bring out paper and pen, sit somewhere near, and do contemplation, writing et.c. plan things. The thing is my job is with computers, I write code and I need my desktop which is in my room. But It is dark and unmotivating to be there, since childhood. The end node is I have to somehow manage to work with my computer. How would I deal with this issue?

Design your surrounding the way you will feel what you feel outside 

Just now, non_nothing said:

My job is software...

:D

Sorry, I will try to be more serious.

Is you room small, do you have open window, do you have curtains that have open view to outside, you can always make your own interior to make it fell more alive, there are plenty of good examples on internet, also to much mess in the room can be distracting. 

@non_nothing

I forgot to mention that the background noise can affect your mood.

Plus, obviously the temperature is important too.

Edited by Truth Addict