John Iverson

What can you say about people who doesn't want to vote?

50 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, purerogue said:

It goes both ways, you are just making assumptions here that everyone who did not vote will vote for what you want. 

No. People will vote however they want. But if people were more engaged in the process, more knowledgeable, more conscious, they would elect more conscious and humane leaders.

The quality of our leaders directly reflect the quality of the voters.

If you follow Actualized.org and you don't vote, that's one conscious person surrendering his responsibility to devils.

The key here is that you must take responsibility for being a member of society. Stop thinking of yourself as merely an individual. You are NOT merely that. Wake up to the fact that you are part of a community. In a conscious community members act for the good of each other.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

No. People will vote however they want. But if people were more engaged in the process, more knowledgeable, more conscious, they would elect more conscious and humane leaders.

I’m just starting to realize this. Thank you ? 

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you follow Actualized.org and you don't vote, that's one conscious person surrendering his responsibility to devils.

The key here is that you must take responsibility for being a member of society. Stop thinking of yourself as merely an individual. You are NOT merely that. Wake up to the fact that you are part of a community. In a conscious community members act for the good of each other.

I am here to develop myself, not get involved in researching each party and consequences each party might have on world, hoping that one day we will have enough people who know what they are doing and my vote will matter, if I will involve myself in each endeavor where I can make some effect I will have no time left to do what is more important and ultimately has more impacts on humanity as whole. 

Edited by purerogue

@purerogue yes yes however contributing to society is essentially contributing to yourself. I have so much ignorance to wrestle with ?

Those who vote decide nothing, those who check the votes decide everything.

B R E A T H E

Just now, DrewNows said:

@purerogue yes yes however contributing to society is essentially contributing to yourself. I have so much ignorance to wrestle with ?

I am already contributing by existing, whatever my vote will be good contribution or bad, or any at all is another question.

I personally see that there are better places where to waste your energy and have impact and I do not like to get involved in politics and all the drama there, there is to much misinformation, lies to put whole picture together. 

@purerogue well yeah not voting is also a contribution mostly a bad one. you get involved if you want it or not because you are already involved. well that is if you are a progressive thinker if you are not it doesn’t matter if you stay at home or not.

48 minutes ago, purerogue said:

I am here to develop myself, not get involved in researching each party and consequences each party might have on world, hoping that one day we will have enough people who know what they are doing and my vote will matter, if I will involve myself in each endeavor where I can make some effect I will have no time left to do what is more important and ultimately has more impacts on humanity as whole. 

Yes, that's is the myopia of your current level of development. As you develop higher you will reach a point where you will realize the deep interconnectedness of yourself and your community. And then such a dualistic attitude as you now hold will become untenable.

There is still a fundamental selfishness to your position.

To neglect your community is to neglect yourself, since you and other are one.

But do as you like. I am not judging you, just making a prediction about where you growth can take you.

I see that many of you folks here need a serious education in the connection between spirituality and politics. Spiritual work alone is not enough to make one politically wise. Especially not with the traditional non-integral spiritual schools like Zen, Vedanta, etc. This is a major spiritual pathology: neglecting ecological concerns for personal salvation. It's about as selfish as eating all the food on the life-raft while others are looking the other way.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Non availability of right party or right candidates.

People who are just tired of voting the lesser evil and decide not to for any including the lesser evil party or candidate.

They are just tired of the whole democracy drama.

I think it is perfectly ok not to vote in such conditions.

Offcourse this from the political situation available in my country.Need not be applicable for all.

Edited by Jkris
Added

On 16.5.2019 at 8:26 AM, Leo Gura said:

I can understand this argument when leaders are inevitable.

But for God's sake, which leaders show quality, even if it is only gradual?