John Iverson

What can you say about people who doesn't want to vote?

50 posts in this topic

Why convince people to vote? 

They don't want to vote so be it. 

I'm sure we've got bigger fish to fry. 

On 5/14/2019 at 0:41 AM, ajasatya said:

you can say that they don't want to vote xD

Why? Imean why they don't vote? WHat is the subtle behind that truth? Mmmmh @winterknight's answer somehow uncover some answers that is possible reason 

49 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

Why? Imean why they don't vote? WHat is the subtle behind that truth? Mmmmh @winterknight's answer somehow uncover some answers that is possible reason 

Reasons are just that , reasons, I feel silly for even trying to explain it to you, 

His answer does not uncover anything, just shows his ignorance on matter.

1000 votes or 950 votes will change nothing if people vote out of pure stupidity, if you want to do something about it push your agenda and inform people what you think is right, will do more to your agenda then getting people who do not vote just to vote. 

In the end , it is who can persuade more people to their side with good talk and it is art of its own, because people are to blind to actually understand 

when they are  being manipulated, played on their feelings by promises , or just pure psychological manipulation. 

Edited by purerogue

On 5/12/2019 at 11:03 PM, Arcangelo said:

I am 39yo and have never voted in my life. I am a leader not a follower. The moment i see my face in the ballot i will vote for myself ,other wise i don't bother.

Lol

Sounds like a good way to lead people straight to hell.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There's many reasons I don't vote, and I'm only speaking for myself.

I don't vote because practically speaking, my vote doesn't matter in the state of New York. I don't vote because I don't believe in the two party system. I don't vote because I don't believe in the candidates. 

Politics in the United States has nothing to do with your view points as an individual. You're forced to take on an entire package of views based on party identity one way or the other. If you agree with something a political "opponent" says your home party demonizes you. 

This isn't even a call for "centrism". It's possible to have an "extreme left" view on one topic, and an "extreme right" view on another topic, as these lines are inherently arbitrary to begin with.

This binary party identity also leads to completely broken political discourse. The right wants to "own" you with facts and logic. The left wants to shame you with social justice and arrogance. The other side is always an immoral enemy to be defeated. You can't have a functional political conversation with someone when you don't inherently believe in their good nature and intentions. 

At the end of the day, we are all star dust. Your political viewpoints are the products of nothing more than circumstance. Where you were brought up, what you were taught in school, your biology, your traumas. We all want the same things. You aren't going to change anyone's mind by "owning" them with witty arguments. You aren't going to change anyone's mind by shaming and censoring them. 

Non duality shouldn't only apply to our inner spiritual work, it should apply to our political discourse. 

2 hours ago, purerogue said:

Reasons are just that , reasons, I feel silly for even trying to explain it to you, 

His answer does not uncover anything, just shows his ignorance on matter.

1000 votes or 950 votes will change nothing if people vote out of pure stupidity, if you want to do something about it push your agenda and inform people what you think is right, will do more to your agenda then getting people who do not vote just to vote. 

In the end , it is who can persuade more people to their side with good talk and it is art of its own, because people are to blind to actually understand 

when they are  being manipulated, played on their feelings by promises , or just pure psychological manipulation. 

I know and i am aware that some politicians in the government is full of bullshit, but hey! There is someone outhere have a vision, have a LIFE Purpose to have an impact to the world and government is a nice medium to create, so not all will do bullshits! In e givernment there is someone out there would do things better than bulshit politicians in the government, atleast they could do better if no one have a passion for now to do great things.. so if you vote that guy or that person and try to help him to his campaign! You open some possibilities for him to win and to actualized his potential! Do to better things atleast.. or if you vote atleast you add 1 chance to win if you do not vote you help the bulshit politician to win via popularity and via you don't speak your right! As a voter you exercise your right as a citizen..

On 5/14/2019 at 0:55 AM, RichardY said:

If the weather is not nice, why bother.

Election or leader in politics or politics is not like a weather, i mean weather , you cannot control the weather.. but in the election you can navigate it you can alao be a leader because your vote is the power, you have the power , if you voted for someone for greater good then make him win!! If your assumptions about government is bad, oh that is a problem.. i don't know why, that is the reason why i have a thread about this topic because i am ignorante about them, about people who doesn't want to participate to this matter

@John Iverson You can't force people to do good for the benefit of all. What they say and what they do are two different things. You can however shoot them, in a duel(or used to). If they're not going to stake their life or soul on it. And do whatever regardless, voting is largely pointless. Still vote by all means, have zero expectations.

30 minutes ago, RichardY said:

@John Iverson Well they do it in China.;)

China claiming west philippine sea is their own land, ? Atleast topic about china is still included to the topic about government haha

34 minutes ago, RichardY said:

@John Iverson You can't force people to do good for the benefit of all. What they say and what they do are two different things. You can however shoot them, in a duel(or used to). If they're not going to stake their life or soul on it. And do whatever regardless, voting is largely pointless. Still vote by all means, have zero expectations.

Hehe really? What they say and what they do is different? What you thought about manifest through actions.. what your beliefs are refelcts to your actions, or what activity you participate, hmmmmm? I realize something here.. maybe that is their belief, what they have is a belief and they choose to not vote because they have ignorance and blockages somewhere within themselves, so they are not ready to see what others see, it is like you cannot expect people to be at the green stage when they are in blue stage all they will say is the absolute truth! Ohhhhhhhhh!! 

But , there is more to discover about this topic :( this not the answer yet.. i need more profound answer here, give me some more repliessss to this topiiiiiiiic 

i will reflect in this topic even more

Edited by John Iverson

@John Iverson In the UK the Liberal Democrats in a general election, about a decade a go said that they would oppose Tuition fee increases for University. No only did they go back on their promise, they made no effort to oppose the increase, abstaining against the Conservatives, who had a enough votes anyway. Tuition fees went from £3,000 to £9,000.

Nihilistically speaking why would they do anything, but pad their own pockets, if they do not accept any ultimate structure to reality, known as God. And instead lie, even if they deliver on paper, in reality what they deliver is often worse then if no changes had been made.

Even with stage Blue at least some of what is written, is correct and not just dogma or doctrine. The problem there is picking and choosing. With Orange, it is thy own will be done. A person, is still a mix, and not a meme.

I means there's that Charles Dickens Novel "Great Expectations". No idea, as to the plot.

For those who dont know, there is a gap in the system. A paper called born alive that is exchanged at birth by the birth certificate, get that paper, is your real id from the council and you are tax free, license free, outside the market system.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@hundreth By not making a choice, you've made a choice for the status quo, which is ego and corruption.

Be careful with your false equivalencies. There is no equivalence between the Democrats and Republicans right now.

And voting in primaries is even more important than the general election. So your vote DOES matter. US elections hinge on very small margins. Trump won by a hundred thousands votes at most. Gore lost by thousands of votes.

So in America your vote actually counts A LOT. In NY you could vote for better representatives and state legislators. You just have to start treating politics seriously, not the nonsense you see on Youtube of people "owning" each other.

Not voting directly leads to war and other kinds of devilry. As it happening right now. Trump is laying the groundwork for a war with Iran. Which would be catastrophic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@hundreth By not making a choice, you've made a choice for the status quo, which is ego and corruption.

Be careful with your false equivalencies. There is no equivalence between the Democrats and Republicans right now.

And voting in primaries is even more important than the general election. So your vote DOES matter. US elections hinge on very small margins. Trump won by a hundred thousands votes at most. Gore lost by thousands of votes.

So in America your vote actually counts A LOT. In NY you could vote for better representatives and state legislators. You just have to start treating politics seriously, not the nonsense you see on Youtube of people "owning" each other.

Not voting directly leads to war and other kinds of devilry. As it happening right now. Trump is laying the groundwork for a war with Iran. Which would be catastrophic.

It goes both ways, you are just making assumptions here that everyone who did not vote will vote for what you want. 

Edited by purerogue

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

your vote DOES matter

It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes. - Stalin ?