Mezanti

a mismatch in communication on this forum

28 posts in this topic

That's a limiting belief that you have to either isolate yourself or get everything right in your life.

Enlightenment is not conditional like that, but taking care of your emotional blockage helps a lot of course.

Thinking you need something either material or emotional, a right condition for it is a lie, and an excuse to stay unconscious.

Over emphasizing enlightenment and not taking care of your emotions and material life is the other extreme.

The truth is that one will help the other, and cutting one entirely for the other is a big mistake and a huge self deception.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@ivory @Salvijus @Shiva @Psychonaut @Shin

eben pagan talked about this in a speech he gave, and leo mentions this as well, in order to to attain enlightenment you must transcend your ego, in most cases to be able to transcend your ego, you have to slay your inner demons, and to achieve a sense of security,then once your needs are met, you can, without any distraction or limitations, focus on enlightenment.

so in summary to go beyond the ego you have to transition through and out of it.

it's much easier for an obama to become enlightened than a trump. 

Edited by Mezanti

@Shin I am not for cutting spirituality entirely out , success and spirituality dovetails each other, as you said both helps each other.

I devote a lot of my time in various practices which help me to interact with the world in a more grounded , responsible and passionate way.

But its my time to interact with the world , have my share of impact on it.

There is a perfect time for every Revelation.

@Sauvik

the idea of nonduality is of no use to someone who is in orange, the only thing way you can teach them spirituality is if you get some parts of them to develop into green and yellow, so basically raising their self awareness.

and that's done through meditation, or various spiritual exercises. 

taking psychedelics is good.

ultimately to go into full nonduality you have to achieve yellow

but don't forget you can never transition fully into yellow without having embodied all stages before it, and fully transitioned through them.

@Mezanti well by spirituality I don't mean non duality right away, but yes for a stage organge person  doing a basic meditation practice say of a "being the observer" will slowly but steadily help in increasing his consciousness.

I don't know if you are someone who has been following Owen cook, but he seems to be an example, after having and enjoying the material world and meditating along side , he now seems to have evolved and is evolving everyone around him.

As Osho said there is no problem with interacting with the material world if you're doing so with awareness. It will help you to transcend the material world.

Most people on here are not Orange or Green. 

They are Orange-Green a combination of both. 

On the forum Green gets promoted a lot, and a lot of members nurture their Green sides. 

But I get the impression that a lot of members don't give enough thought to their Orange sides. 

I think it will stagnate their growth to Yellow. If they want to go to Yellow they will be forced to integrate their Orange side. (like become successful). 

I am not sure you need like Rockstar status success to go to Yellow. But I do think you need at least some modest success and recognition within society. 

Edited by SFRL

@Mezanti Yeah it shouldn't be rocket science. Just give someone normal, self help advice independent of non-duality but also give them non-duality advice. I know that's what I want. 

The dynamic of asking questions and getting answers on this forum differs from that of a student asking his zen master for a question. In order for the student to be a student, he has to go through intense practices, prove his commitment to the task of getting enlightenment. Therefore when a student asks his zen master for advice or a question, the student is seeking specifically for a non-dual answer. That isn't the case in on this forum. We just have a bunch of people on the internet. 

Talking about non-duality is a minefield, must be done carefully. I like instructions of practice or very common traps/experiences to be focuses of discussions, rather than too much conceptualising. This isn't to say I think talking about non-duality is wrong or to assert what people should be talking about at all, I just stating what my current preferences are in terms of what interests me or bores me. If you want to read something on non-duality, listen to Leo or read a non-duality book. The Book of Not Knowing, Kriya Secrets Revealed and whatever other books you want. Imma probably keep reading Peter Ralston for now. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.