flume

Taking part in these forum discussions is so challenging

32 posts in this topic

@flume you're suffering because you want to sound smart and mature. not just to others, but specially to yourself.

you can grow a lot faster if you simply acknowledge your ignorance. tomorrow you should be a little less ignorant. go back to the beginner's mind.

unborn Truth

On 5/13/2019 at 4:18 AM, flume said:

I think this post might have come off a lot more offensive than I intended to.

Leo Gura likes to say offensive things to devils. He says humans are devils.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:02 PM, Leo Gura said:

Lol

In other words there is a record to hold your feet to the fire and check your ignorance.

The internet is already annoymous enough for devils to run rampant without consequence, and you want to take it one step further where nothing you say has any accountability so that you can say absurd thing without consequence!

In real life your friends remember every stupid thing you said. You cannot undo conversations in real time. So you watch what you say.

This forum gives you 48 hours to edit your posts. That's more than you get in real life.

Saying embarrassing things is part of growing up. I've said plenty of stupid things on record.

i feel like this describes me perfectly. Im scared to seem stupid so i back out of a conversation, woops

16 minutes ago, moon777light said:

i feel like this describes me perfectly. Im scared to seem stupid so i back out of a conversation, woops

I'm sorry to give you the news,

But you're a filthy devil and you should feel bad about yourself.

Don't worry, god still loves you !

(Satirical humor :ph34r:)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

It depends. If they're willing to listen to something new and be open-minded about it, only then can a real discussion take place. Both parties have to be willing to do this. You got to be willing to not categorize the other person.

For a really profound topic like enlightenment, it's very challenging to discuss it anywhere. You will probably get the paradox answer such as, "oh, we're all enlightened." If you do have a Satori, and want to say it literally, you got to put it in a cunning way in a life purpose, so that those who actually understand what you're saying will listen. Those who are actually more open-minded are willing to listen and respond thinking twice (or more). It's not a topic where you push your opinions on someone else.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:02 PM, Leo Gura said:

In other words there is a record to hold your feet to the fire and check your ignorance.

Usually it's someone holding your feet to the fire in the first 48 hours or not.

Its only hard because you think that you are important.

6 hours ago, universe said:

Its only hard because you think that you are important.

My first reaction to this was 'bullshit' but literally one second later it made sense to me. I actually copied and pasted your comment onto my list of things I've read on this forum that I need to contemplate. 

If anyone ever comes back to this thread:
A lot has changed since I wrote this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM1sUG7sRUI
This video explains so much of my life. I like to leave no traces, ever.
Maybe it resonates with anyone that feels the same way.

But personality type is not an excuse. You can move beyond that, always.

The cost of inaction is way too high. I’m never gonna achieve anything great if I constantly erase everything and hope no one sees me.
I risk living a mediocre life, limiting my creativity and potentially holding back things that could help others.

On 13/05/2019 at 1:34 AM, ajasatya said:

@flume you're suffering because you want to sound smart and mature. not just to others, but specially to yourself.

you can grow a lot faster if you simply acknowledge your ignorance. tomorrow you should be a little less ignorant. go back to the beginner's mind.

Jesus, I hated you so much for this comment. :D It was my first post on here and I almost wanted to quit again and blow it all up. (I’m sorry - don’t take it personally. I'm actually laughing right now about how upset I wasxD) I’m glad I stayed, I learned a lot on here. The thing is, you’re right. Working lots around fear lately (with help of Leo’s videos) made me realise how hyper focused I am on myself. It’s all about me. Lots more work to do.

It’s good to look back on a post like this and see how far I’ve come. I was like a scared kitten when I wrote this post.
So much is changing all the time… Feels so good. In a way, just being posting on this forum is great exposure therapy.
I have to overcome myself again and again.

Note to self: Keep going.

@flume I'm glad you're overcoming your fears. I don't share things here to be liked. I'm more concerned about the long-term benefits for the reader. I prefer a blunt truth that sticks over a soft pointer that will most likely be forgotten.

unborn Truth