Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aakash

does the ultimatum of a duality break down to you accepting the duality

8 posts in this topic

does a duality end up being accepting one is exactly the same as the other, not taking a particular side of the argument but accepting it and then in effect ignoring it, 

I think the term “ignore” is a bit loaded. It suggests that something “should” be addressed, yet it is pushed away and “ignored”. Might this be a way for the thinking mind to stay engaged with analysis of thought stories? Trying to figure out and give meaning?

What if we replaced the term “ignore” with “let go”. The phrase then becomes: “accepting and letting go”. To me, that has a very different connotation, 

Regarding the deconstruction of dualities, I don’t think it’s accurate to say both sides are the dynamic exactly the same. That is still within dualities. Exactly the sam as *what*? If everything was one color blue, there is nothing to contrast the color blue with. It’s not the same or different than anything. There is nothing to compare it to. There isn’t even the color blue anymore. We are not ignoring it. . .  We need to *add in* the perception of another color to introduce the idea of “blue” and start discussing relative differences and similarities between blue and this new color idea that was just created. 

@Aakash not exactly sure what you mean.  A duality requires a perceiver and an object being perceived.  

But perception is an illusion as in truth there is only Being.

So all dualities are created within the mind.  UP only means anything when contrasted with down.  Dual reality is really just a system of contrasts.  It's mind blowing when this hits you.

As God all dualities collapse.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Aakash not exactly sure what you mean.  A duality requires a perceiver and an object being perceived.  

But perception is an illusion as in truth there is only Being.

So all dualities are created within the mind.  UP only means anything when contrasted with down.  Dual reality is really just a system of contrasts.  It's mind blowing when this hits you.

As God all dualities collapse.

This. ?

There is no duality in God-Awareness or in God-Mind. The mind is emptied, ego-awarness is annihilated and replaced by God-awareness. To arrive to this realization is to transcend the ego-mind and the entire realm of imagination. All that remains is.... ?

@Serotoninluv  but what does letting go of the duality, do for the understanding of how to make a decision for example. 

@Inliytened1 so if theres no up and down, how do you manuever in life without directions, or do you just use it when you need to, like for you there should be no such thing as up and down

@Aakash there is no how dude. You actually think you’re in control of your decisions? Are you actually making a psychological choice? Every distinction made is of the mind, but do you see how it operates? Learn how the mind creates distinctions, even with space. 

Edited by DrewNows

36 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Serotoninluv  but what does letting go of the duality, do for the understanding of how to make a decision for example. 

The idea of decision making is within the realm of a timeline. Decisions are part of the ongoing story within the human construct of a timeline. Nothing wrong with that. Yet, humans become so immersed within this timeline they lose awareness of Now. The concept of choice/decision is a major anchor into dualities of the timeline. 

When I am presented with an apple or banana. I grab the apple and start eating it. This “decision” is based in the timeline. “Well, I already had a banana this morning, so I should should eat an apple to have a well balanced diet in my life. I’ll chose the apple”. That’s all fine and dandy, yet it isn’t actual Now. . . .The actuality of Now is reaching toward the apple appears. then chewing appears, then sensations of flavor appear. Thoughts of “this apple is delicious! I made the right decision” appear. 

Who is making “decisions”? There are simply appearances, including the appearance of thoughts that “I am deciding to eat this apple”.

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

but what does letting go of the duality, do for the understanding of how to make a decision for example. 

By ultimatum, do you mean the capital letter absolute? Like life vs. death to Life? If so, then understanding this is EXTREMELY important and practical to your every day life. Understanding that there is only Life and only Existence means you can't fear death anymore (not counting biological fight or flight responses). This one alone will affect your relationship to life, therefore informing in at least a small way nearly every decision you make. You're just not conscious of it yet. :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo