Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
d0ornokey

How well does your MBTI describe you?

19 posts in this topic

16personalities.com

https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

If you look at the INTP description, it describes leo so god damn perfectly.

I got adventerur but like i dont feel like thats me. Hell. None of them fit me. I would love a type that describes me so perfectly as it does for leo. 

Does this just mean my self awareness is low?

INFP

About 9/10 accurate for me. 

I fit mine.  Take the official test:

https://www.mbtionline.com/TaketheMBTI

My results were like this: 

There's (very likely, likely, and somewhat likely) for each letter:

E (Very likely)
N (Somewhat likely) -- this means that I have strong S too but a tip toward N
T (Very likely)
J (Very likely)

ENTJ

Frank, decisive, assume leadership readily. Quickly see illogical and inefficient procedures and policies, develop and implement comprehensive systems to solve organizational problems. Enjoy long-term planning and goal setting. Usually well informed, well read, enjoy expanding their knowledge and passing it on to others. Forceful in presenting their ideas.

These are the four Cognitive Functions for ENTJ:

Te 
Ni 
Se
Fi 

Ideal Intimate Relationship Partner for ENTJ is INTP (It's good to have the NT in common so you have more to talk about):

Although two well-developed individuals of any type can enjoy a healthy relationship, ENTJ's natural partner is the INTP, or the ISTP. AN ENTJ's dominant function of Extraverted Thinking is best-matched with a personality type that is dominanted by Introverted Thinking.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@d0ornokey I fit mine reasonably well. MBTI is a somewhat good rule of thumb, not divine revelation. Examining the cognitive functions, different axes, different dichotimies in typology is explanatory to a degree of people and yourself. But in all honestly I haven't found much of a use for it. I found it interesting and useful when I first heard about it and the information was novel to me, as it gave me mental reassurance/validation that it's ok to be different from the majority. 

A while ago I made this playlist of good videos on MBTI for myself to watch. The first video and second video in the playlist overlap in material, otherwise its pretty good. If you want to learn how to determine someone's cognitive functions from their 4 letters it's pretty easy. But just know that you can't do a simple/linear reading of the order in which the functions are someone's stack and expect to understand someone in a reductionistic way. 

There's a good video series on each type as well 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I don’t care for MBTI. At least to describe me. 

INFP. Me to a tee.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

The first time I did the test was atleast 5 years ago, i got INTP and definitely saw myself fit parts of the description, but especially the parts about the INTP not being able to recognize others feelings didn't feel correct. Couple of years later I did it again and got INFP, though I really couldn't identify with large parts of the description even though I felt I had answered all the questions honestly. I did it a third time some weeks ago and got ENFP, which definitely could fit the view some people have on me, but definitely does not feel right either, it rather fits the way I may want to be seen.
Going back to INTP I cannot identify with that one either by now.
So I kinda feel like you, OP, but I would not worry about that too much. After all it really isn't a revelation that the human mind is very difficult to be categorized.

@d0ornokey I would not use 16personalities.com

https://www.truity.com/personality-type/ISFP
https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFP.html

For new agey test taking you can check out this:

https://lonerwolf.com/tests/

I found these to be the best free sources. 16 personalities.com when I started reading about it often received a bad rep. Also using Quora is good

Yes, I found them to be extremely insightful. Reading about it for some time I learned to rather appreciate the functions of people then types. For instance, as an INFJ my worst matched type are extraverted sensors. Yet, for instance, I admire ESFP and ESTP people, yet it is so funny how they don't get their intuition, yet are using it at the same time. Estps are very practical people and I am often stuck in castle building, making notions and synthesizing them to one grand conclusion, while they are already doing it.

Yet, I can often work very well with these people if they are emotionally mature and can handle a lot of questioning. I work the best for instance with ISTP people I plan they do. We synthesize. He can often explain to me why certain things work because of dominant TI and he is not confused by dominant IN , so he can deal with hunches. Yet, still, I often have to explain my insights and ideas a lot, before people understand, especially if they don't listen and I often end up without asking in a leadership position... 

Otherwise, the best type for me to get along with personally are INTJ's we can talk endlessly for 10h about concepts that feel like they have never been explored before and have been explored before. While loving IN to death, since most people just do not understand it. Then we are silent for 2 weeks or years and then we talk again for 10h.

Otherwise, my natural partners would be ENFJ, INFP, ISFJ. I easily can establish a connection with them especially ENFJ, ISFJ just... no words sometimes. If you know someones tell bad jokes over and over again, u know... ISFJ at work... while remembering details that are just like... just no words for this type.

INFP are like fairy tales, you meet them once you build a connection and then they fly away, yet they care extremely, they have very high standards. 

I don't know a lot of INTP's and ENTJ's the ones I got to know I get along with very / quite well. The worst type for me is ESTJ by far... I know one thing for sure I will never date or marry an ESTJ person... as friends they are extremely funny and quirky. 

The types I meet most often is Istj and Estj they are just overpopulating the whole globe. While ISTj humor is the greatest on planet earth. 

It's very important to read the descriptions and not only take the test. There are common mistypes, but I am not a freak, just an observer.

I tested as INFP and felt fooled, I read INFJ and read about common mistypes and found that his has proven more accurate overtime... now almost 10 years........(as an observer mostly I never studied it )

Cognitive functions help the most to understand how one thinks or comes to conclusions. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

MBTI does not describe everything about a person and some of you are not even typed correctly.

either im retarded, but i dont fit into anyone personality type

INTP, scary accurate. @Theta lil' Katara! How cute! :x

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

e33907e5391522e65d0c8117f542cf03.jpg

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Interesting, I took this test 5 years ago and got ISTP. Just took it again now and got INFP. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

INFJ: It describes me quite well, although there are nuances within that type aswell. I found it to be quite helpful, seeing "under-the-hood" in some ways.

I've taken the test last a over a year ago, and I seemed to have a more balanced result in functions than previously, but the type remained the same. If I took it today, I am sure I would have the same type but maybe even more balanced in some aspects - moving onto a healthier version of INFJ.

Personality type.jpg

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

I got adventurer, but I felt like it didn't describe me well, it did pretty good though. I recently took an ennegramme test which is very similar to mbti but also analyses a different part of your cognitive nature and it was amazing to read. It was incredibly accurate and had put into words things ive been trying to figure out for the longest time. 

https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

INTP, quite accurate. Sometimes I struggle trying to figure out whether or not my behaviors are tendencies of a Spiral Stage Yellow person or Myers Briggs INTP? Some of the characteristics that describe the two are quite similar.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein