Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jack Walter Leon

spiritual ego - yes or no

10 posts in this topic

Who would admit that he has a spiritual ego? Do you sometimes catch yourself when your spiritual ego comes to light? Or are you so spiritually advanced and deny it in any case?

I gotta be honest, I often catch myself but I think it's important to reflect on it. It's so sneaky that in most cases it wouldn't even consider that it exists. It is one of the toughest hurdles during the spiritual journey to overcome in my opinion because it's harder to recognize. 

I still fall into that trap but not always. 

Often it's in selecting which people or things I think have the potential to teach me. Then when something that I don't think has any value for me teaches me a huge lesson I wasn't expecting, I realize that I fell into the spiritual ego trap again. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Inliytened1

https://www.wisdom-of-spirit.com/spiritual-ego.html

'For many seekers of spiritual awareness, this specific type of ego we attach to our spirituality, is borne in the  first moment it is perceived that a rather profound spiritual realization has arisen.  It is that part of self that feels it has accomplished something very special and it causes us to feel superior in relation to others because we believe we have attained something  that sets us apart from the masses.'

Edited by Jack Walter Leon

All I know is that I'm absorbed and immersed in God-awareness 24/7. Everyday I die to God, to myself. I'm not denying the existence of the ego, I'm not being arrogant, I'm simply being honest by speaking from my personal direct experience. 

To be honest again, I know what the ego is and it is not permanently dead. It can still come up here and now, but by God's Light it's seen instantly and discarded. I'm dealing with another kind of ego, beyond the old ego and the spiritual ego.

Almost everyone seems to develop some form of spiritual ego once they encounter a little bit of spirituality. I have it to a certain degree but I try not to feed it anymore.

The two tendencies I see the most are:

1) Show off spiritual concepts

2) Give advice

Sure. But in a lot of cases I am aware of it. Don't get rid of the spiritual ego but funnel it's mechanisms into a design for your life. 

I see the spiritual ego as a phase along the path. It may come and go but it doesn't come without a purpose <3