Ponder

Enlightenment means every day is better than the last

6 posts in this topic

Food for thought ;) I know it through direct experience, but I just wanted to hear you smart ppls thoughts 

@Ponder Ponder you are not enlightened my friend.  I've been reading your posts this past week and you have hit non-dual states for sure..and you are a very intelligent guy with fairly high consciousness levels but you did not become conscious of Absolute Love yet.  And your notions of coral are all screwed up if there is a coral.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1

Sorry, but the fact of the matter is that I am. Becoming conscious of absolute love is not necessary when it comes to enlightenment (at least in my definition). I never really feel the emotion of love (on rare occasions I have), but love doesn’t have to be all gushy and emotional. Unconditional love, in my eyes, is unconditional non-judgment, and I certainly have that. 

How can you judge someone that has no free will? You simply can’t, if you’re being purely rational about it (and don’t be so quick to bag out on rationality - use the mind don’t let the mind use you - and all that Jazz ;)). 

My definition of enlightenment is the cessation of suffering (as the Buddha taught), and I no longer suffer. As an anecdote, I’ve had a severely swollen ankle the past few days and I’ve been walking and skating with it, and I’ve been in pain, yet not suffering.

Of course, being burnt alive or something is a whole ‘nother beast, but I think I would maintain equanimity through that (although it wouldn’t be pleasant). 

I’m not asking you to believe me. I’m just hoping you see that I am the more you read of my posts ?

@Ponder   Enlightenment means seeing through the illusion of better or worse.  No day is superior, inferior, or equal.

Non-judgment of each day.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

@eputkonen

You are correct, although I was more talking on the relative level. Yes, on the absolute level, every day is as good as the last, but on a relative level, each day seems to (non-linearly mind you), ramp up in terms of the pleasure, love, joy and peace that you feel. 

Because, as Leo constantly re-iterates, there are many, many depths to enlightenment. In my view, there are infinite depths, because reality (God) is infinite.