SQAAD

Are Tattoos Low Consciousness or High Consciousness?

35 posts in this topic

I have thought about this for a while and I think that tattoos can come from a self esteem issue (e.g. Love heart with an arrow for mum) but also from a high consciousness state of mind (e.g. Indigenous tribes doing ayahuasca and their tattooed skins). 

What's the reason for a tattoo in the end? Identification! 

Cius! 

haha I'll just have a low conscious rant i guess.... so many beautiful people with arms and legs just covered with tattoos, makes you wonder WHY??? Can't stand sleeves, but that's just my opinion.  But I especially hate any tattoos on legs, just looks trashy no matter where you put them. But again MY opinion :D 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Love is a funny thing. It needs no reason to do what it does. 

What reasoning is low consciousness ? 

The one where the person feels insecure with their body ? 

The one where the person feels passion when they look at their tattoo ? 

The one where it is to look cool for others ? 

The one where it’s simply just a lovely piece of art? 

What makes it low consciousness and what makes it high consciousness. It is what is. 

Speaking of false equivalencies then it’s low consciousness activity. 

14 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

haha I'll just have a low conscious rant i guess.... so many beautiful people with arms and legs just covered with tattoos, makes you wonder WHY??? Can't stand sleeves, but that's just my opinion.  But I especially hate any tattoos on legs, just looks trashy no matter where you put them. But again MY opinion :D 

Why NOT? I never understood this stance.

The body is a mere temporary mortal vessel for infinite godhood. I feel like it's almost a bit poetic to make something permanent to an inpermanent thing. 

35 minutes ago, molosku said:

The body is a mere temporary mortal vessel for infinite godhood. I feel like it's almost a bit poetic to make something permanent to an inpermanent thing. 

34 minutes ago, molosku said:

Well if sleeves are you thing, then by all means. But you'll never get your arm or leg back to natural state. 

Always wanted an ouroboros and unalome tattoe'd on me as a reminder of the path I am on whenever I get strayed into the dirt road.

I see my tattoos as pieces of ART.

Its is not to posses meaning or to make  any "sense" .

I just feel pleased when i admire them.

The same as a good paint, or as a good piece of music.

Art does not mean to make sense, but to awake emotions.

3 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Well if sleeves are you thing, then by all means. But you'll never get your arm or leg back to natural state. 

Carefull with that distinction, natural vs. non-natural ;)

5 hours ago, molosku said:

Carefull with that distinction, natural vs. non-natural ;)

lol I was originally going to say you'll never get your arm or leg back, but imagined all the smart aleck responses it would conjure. 

actually I really don't care if people get tattoos of course, and I understand the reasons, being a reminder, or art, or to cover up an imperfection. I still just don't understand sleeves but can relax in the fact that I don't have to get one! but they butt ugly im sorry....

Why do certain plants have flowers and certain plants don't? Are flowers more or less concious due to them being flowers and not grass? Or are blue flowers more beautiful than red ones?

You make a choise regarding the way you look to show off what kind of person you are. Either you are the kind of person whom does not have any tattoos or whom does. Both of the choises are a expression of "you".

If you are a sim in The Sims and realise that you are the whole game, does it matter how you wish to customise your sim? :)

I think tattoos can be a wonderful addition on a spiritual path, not necessary of course, but nice and perhaps even helpful. 

Tattoos are images and symbols that represent an inner experience of something. A feeling, an idea, a memory. They hold an energetic signature of whatever it is they are meant to represent. The same goes for all art. It is the intention and feeling behind the image that determines the degree of power that it carries. Have you ever been lifted to a higher state of consciousness by gazing a beautiful piece of artwork? What comes to mind is images of the incredible artwork you see in a lot of mosques and churches. Why did they take the time to do that? They could have just left the buildings in their 'natural' state. There is a point to doing this, and it is to help evoke the feeling of the Divine by surrounding you with images that hold that energetic signature. Another example is weavings from South America. I've heard they weave the spirit and energy of Ayahuasca ceremonies into their pieces, and then when you hang these in your house they affect the space and your consciousness even when you're not directly looking at them. 

My house is full of gorgeous artwork that is symbolic of Spirit. Being in my house always feels so wonderful, not like any other place. It is a sanctuary. My body is embellished with symbols that for me personally represent God, heaven, meditation, beauty, love, family. Each evokes different feelings in me when I look at them, and when I see my body they make me feel beautiful. My body is my temple. And personally I love living in a temple that is adorned with sacred art and symbols. 

Of course, if tattoos are not your thing or they are not attractive to you, then you don't have to get them! The body is beautiful and sacred in its natural state as well. And like I said, intention is everything, so it is different for everyone. I know a lot of people who get tattoos just because they think it will look cool and they don't have much passion behind what they chose to put on their body. The saddest to me are when people tattoo things that are quite negative on themselves, and then they carry around that negative energy on them forever. But that is their choice. To each their own.

Can't give you a definitive answer, but I like tattoos because I like to have some sick art on my body lol

10 hours ago, shamaanitar said:

If you are a sim in The Sims and realise that you are the whole game, does it matter how you wish to customise your sim? :)

This. 

People can depict high frequency geometric patterns on their bodies to assist their vibration if that is attuned to their belief systems but ultimately your body in itself is the highest frequency template possible for you at the time being. Its perfect in itself but if you believe tattoos and things outside of self can aid then they will because your hard-core belief systems depict your reality.

B R E A T H E