SQAAD

Are Tattoos Low Consciousness or High Consciousness?

35 posts in this topic

I never understood why people "make" tattoos  neither i was ever interested making one myself. I like seeing them in other people though if it's a good art work.

Why do some people feel compelled to have tattos all over their body? What are the mechanics behind this behaviour?

I don't understand why some people have tattoos all over their body for example.

Edited by SQAAD

The ego desire to feel unique, to have a trait of identity taht nobody has

Tattoos themselves aren't either one. The intent behind them might give better insight.

Sometimes its to feel unique and other times its for coping with emotions. We process things by actually experiencing them. A way to express our emotions help us rummage through and process them like the stroke of a paintbrush. Sometimes the symbolism may be there as a reminder to yourself. I want one of a ouroboros or unalome to remind myself of what I am going towards. I remember in Leo's moralization video to avoid should statements to wear a wristband to remind you to not should your way through the day, its like a more permanent form of that.

These reasons can come from both low and high consciousness. Remember being high consciousness doesn't mean to neglect the ego or never have anything to do with it, its about being aware of its mechanisms.

There are a lot of different reasons why people get tattoos. I never thought I'd be getting any but I'm working on designing two now. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@SQAAD

It can be the desire to be unique, the desire to fit in and be trendy (tats these days are very common), or a parental drive - some of my friends have tatoos of their children's names and birthdays. 

Lots of reasons.

Some people may simply be displaying art as well. You might as well ask if art by itself is high or low consciousness. Personally, I am not a fan of tattoos. But imposing that restriction on others would be low consciousness. Try to put yourself in that person's shoes, because you ARE that person.

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

@jbram2002

9 minutes ago, jbram2002 said:

Some people may simply be displaying art as well. You might as well ask if art by itself is high or low consciousness. Personally, I am not a fan of tattoos. But imposing that restriction on others would be low consciousness. Try to put yourself in that person's shoes, because you ARE that person.

I agree & that's why i want to understand why they do it. (tattoos)

3 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@jbram2002

I agree & that's why i want to understand why they do it. (tattoos)

The only way to go about that is to ask an individual directly rather than meta analyzing humanity. Otherwise you can never have a relationship with anyone if you have a pre conceived idea of what they are. Get curious. 

@David Hammond

17 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

The only way to go about that is to ask an individual directly rather than meta analyzing humanity. Otherwise you can never have a relationship with anyone if you have a pre conceived idea of what they are. Get curious. 

I have done it. They all said that they made tattos of symbols that mean a lot to them.

Still though i couldn't penetrate more deeply as to Why they did it...

Edited by SQAAD

1 minute ago, SQAAD said:

@David Hammond

I have done it. They all said that they made tattos of symbols that mean a lot to them.

So you're asking us because.... You dont believe them? 

16 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@David Hammond

Still though i couldn't penetrate more deeply as to Why they did it...

Meaning is largely relative to the individual. People want to be surrounded with things that matter to them. It is comforting.

@Truth Addict You can already read me like a book, might as well be literal too. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw

But I'm not laughing at you like Tom is doing xD

Might as well be literal too.

Eloquence ;)

❤️

@Truth Addict  I'm eloquent as fuck. I could have said eloquent AF, but I spelled it out, because I'm so eloquent. 

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Truth Addict  I'm eloquent as fuck. I could have said eloquent AF, but I spelled it out, because I'm so eloquent. 

Oops, I spilled something..

?

@SQAAD I would merely state that it's because some get them to feel unique.  However it seems everyone has them so now NOT having any tattoos is unique!