jim123

Can psychedelics make you a psychopath?

76 posts in this topic

On 11.5.2019 at 4:17 PM, Serotoninluv said:

You seem to be conflating relative and absolute.

Everything is Good in an absolute sense, yet everything is not good in a relative sense. 

Stealing is bad from the perspective of the person robbed, yet stealing is good from the perspective of the thief, And stealing is neither good nor bad from the perspective of a butterfly.

would you weigh up your heart with that? i mean with a butterfly?

2 hours ago, now is forever said:

would you weigh up your heart with that? i mean with a butterfly?

Of course not. There is the relative human experience. ♥️ ? 

5 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Is that the only definition of the word "God"?  That particular definition of God has a history to it.  There are many concepts of God; why assume that's the "one right one"?  

You are creating that story Joseph. We create everyone our own story. It's not bad to say God. I don't mind what others think about that word. IMO.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

3 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

You are creating that story Joseph. We create everyone our own story. It's not bad to say God. I don't mind what others think about that word. IMO.

All I'm saying is be mindful that there are many stories of "God" not just one's own white-knuckle clung to story.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

28 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

All I'm saying is be mindful that there are many stories of "God" not just one's own white-knuckle clung to story.

This is why I dont, or should I say rarely, use the word "God". Unless it's meaning is defined and clear, by the user, then it's meaningless, imo. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

46 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Well, I don't think Leo is referring to that one. All good! It's a shame that religion has taken the word God... when I say God I always think in "The Absolute" or "Reality"...

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

47 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

13 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

This is why I dont, or should I say rarely, use the word "God". Unless it's meaning is defined and clear, by the user, then it's meaningless, imo. 

Yes, you have to understand who you're talking to, and their notions of God. For instance, I would not use the word God, ever, when talking to a stage Blue person, because I know they hold a narrow, dualistic understanding of the word God. So that means saying "God" to them would actually lead them further from the Truth, to confusion. Language has such power because of all our individual and collective stores surrounding the words. You have to be mindful of that. :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState  @Joseph Maynor @Anna1

I don't know. I think it can be good sometimes. Because he will feel like closer to what you say. But in the middle of the conversation you will be telling them new ideas, that ... who knows, maybe in the future can open their hearts and minds. And make subtle changes on their way or perspective about what is "God"... or "That"...

:)

But, I understand what you all are saying. 

Edited by abrakamowse

6 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

And make subtle changes on their way or perspective about what is "God"... or "That"...

People at stage Blue do not take kindly to anyone trying to redefine "God." Trust me, I know from personal experience. That's a no-go zone, you have to help shift perceptions in other ways. God is a very personal thing.

Sent from my iEgo

Just now, TheAvatarState said:

People at stage Blue do not take kindly to anyone trying to redefine "God." Trust me, I know from personal experience. That's a no-go zone, you have to help shift perceptions in other ways. God is a very personal thing.

Yes, I know... the problem is that in their stage they take the belief in God as a part of their personality, is like you are attacking them. I know...

:(

19 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Yes, I know... the problem is that in their stage they take the belief in God as a part of their personality, is like you are attacking them. I know...

:(

Yes, very tricky. Like trying to navigate a minefield haha. You step in the wrong place, shit blows up and it's now YOUR fault for the personal attack. The Blue person isn't conscious their own psyche is the minefield, or that they laid all the bombs.

You have to lead by example (showing unconditional love, not by trying to change people), and through that inspiration, they must find their own path. They will only try to accept things when they come to you. One of the biggest realizations you can have is when you fully understand you can't change the world in a positive way by directing energy at it, but only by directing energy inwards to become your greatest version. A lot easier said than done...     

Sent from my iEgo

@abrakamowse Well, in Advaita Vedanta the term Isvara is used more commonly, than God (although it means essentially the same thing).

What is meant by Isvara is very clear, but to make it very simple here, Isvara is Brahman/awareness/Self/absolute with attributes (gunas/energies). So, it is all of manifestation (the dharma field), both subtle and gross.

Where as Brahman/awareness/Self/absolute is without attributes. So, is the fundamental reality, of even Isvara (or God).

Therefore, there is a distinction, even if slight,  between what you would call reality/absolute and Isvara/God. According to Advaita Vedanta. 

So, for Vedantin's you would not say, "I'm God-realized", you would say, "Self-realized", as the Self (capital "S") IS awareness/absolute/fundamental reality.

Just my 2 cents. Giving another POV.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@TheAvatarState @Anna1 

Thanks guys for sharing your pov on this. Sometimes I would like every one to understand the world the way I do and that's not always possible. I think I need to work on letting go that more. 

Thanks!

?

@abrakamowse Aww, you too. Thanks for listening to my POV also.? 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

17 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

@abrakamowse Aww, you too. Thanks for listening to my POV also.? 

??

3 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

Yes, you have to understand who you're talking to, and their notions of God. For instance, I would not use the word God, ever, when talking to a stage Blue person, because I know they hold a narrow, dualistic understanding of the word God. So that means saying "God" to them would actually lead them further from the Truth, to confusion. Language has such power because of all our individual and collective stores surrounding the words. You have to be mindful of that. :)

Nice insight.  Each Spiral Stage has their own characteristic or stereotypical set of archetypes for filling the human need of spirituality.