Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hikmatshiraliyev

I am planning a solo retreat

6 posts in this topic

But, i don't know which meditation technique to use. I do "do nothing" technique every day, is it okay to use that technique for retreat? Or should i use vipassana?

Do whatever feels good man! Do nothing technique seems just perfect for you. If you get bored after a while, yea, you might try Vipassana or mindfulness with labeling, or whatever other technique you prefer. There really are no rules for it in terms of what technique to use. Whatever soaps your goat buddy! 

Follow your intuition and don't get distracted :)

I like your name BTW. It's kinda puzzling and hypnotising. 

Good luck!! 

Edited by Vitamine Water

The art is to look without looking 

I've experimented with a number of meditation techniques before realizing that what really matters is consistency. Pick one that resonates with you and stick to it. In my opinion, people often get lazy with the do nothing meditation and get lost in thought. Pick a technique that balances relaxation with enough effort to stay alert. If you stay with a technique long enough you will tailor it to meet your specific needs.

@hikmatshiraliyev i have had wonderful success with self inquiry and the do nothing method.  Staring at your hand for example or an object on the wall.  Being present with what's actual.  The now.  Place consciousness on consciousness and keep it there.

What are the Vipassana techniques? Its a buddhist practice correct?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Vipassana is a Buddhist practice. I believe vipassana means insight, so it's insight meditation. Basically it combines self-inquiry with breath work, but there are a number of different vipassana flavors. The point of vipassana is to see that reality is empty of self, impermanent, and dissatisfactory (also known as the three marks/characteristics of existence).

Edited by ivory