Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Is Sex a Need or a Desire?

37 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

I just want to transcend it & be able to control it much better so it doesn't run my life.

Ah, well that's understandable. It used to run my life too but over time I just stopped seeking it and that was enough to loosen my obsession with it. I have a much healthier relationship with sex now. I still don't think you need to make it a goal of one year. Just take a break from girls.

The only way to conquer the desire for sex is to replace it with a desire for God.

But even then, it's tricky. You must seriously purify your mind and body. You need nondual consciousness to do it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Self-realization has very little to do with dissolving compulsions. 

That's why people think that It's almost impossible to come out of it because they dont realize that dissolving karma or compulsions is a different ball game altogether. You need a different understanding and practice to make any progress in this. And It's not hard to do it at all if you know what you're doing and what techniques to use. You can be free from compulsions without self-realization because purification is a different game then self-realization and there are different methods for both. 

"Now you set up yourself in such a way if you follow your desire you suffer, if you resist, you also suffer. You're in a lose-lose situation here" #sadhguru on what to do about your desires. Highly reccomended for this topic. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=389731201621819&id=20781959145&fs=0&focus_composer=0

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Self-realization has very little to do with dissolving compulsions. 

That's why people think that It's almost impossible to come out of it because they dont realize that dissolving karma or compulsions is a different ball game altogether. You need a different understanding and practice to make any progress in this. And It's not hard to do it at all if you know what you're doing and what techniques to use. You can be free from compulsions without self-realization because purification is a different game then self-realization and there are different methods for both. 

"Now you set up yourself in such a way if you follow your desire you suffer, if you resist, you also suffer. You're in a lose-lose situation here" #sadhguru on what to do about your desires. Highly reccomended for this topic. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=389731201621819&id=20781959145&fs=0&focus_composer=0

What should i Practice then to dissolve the compulsions? 

Buy Crash course of inner engineering?

I need something practical.

Edited by SQAAD

See there are two ways. One is you focus on Self-realization and after that purity will follow by itself out of your level of consciousness. Second is you purify, purify, purify yourself to enlightenment. These are the two ways you can approach it. 

First one is faster but you will suffer all the way from all kinds of neurosis and compulsions cravings and depressions untill you reach some significant states of consciousness, then at this point things will start to fall off from you naturally. Thats why people started to say only if you're enlightened you can be happy. That's not true. 

There is a another pathway that works directly on removing all the junk you carry with you, if you want, you can be happy, balanced, stable and pure and free from compulsions without even knowing a thing about enlightenment just by following a certain process of purifying yourself. A process of purification includes all kinds of things, like, aultruism, love, devotion, volunteering and also various techniques to transform you, like yoga, and kriya and initiations and many other things can be done to you. 

Edited by Salvijus

14 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I'd say it's a desire because you can survive without it. But the more you do it the more you feel like you need it.

Dopamine is a powerful thing isn't it?

Sex is a strategy we use to meet our psychological needs and not a need itself.

[...] How do we know this? Because there is no evidence that celibacy or asexuality is actually physically or psychologically unhealthy.

Recently read a blog post stating the above. (https://markmanson.net/sex-and-our-psychological-needs)

The main argument is that sex is used for our "psychological" needs: security, self-esteem, autonomy and connection.

If we are not meeting these needs, our minds will actually begin to rationalize ways to get them met, even at the expense of our physical or mental health.

[...] No one ever killed themselves because they were too horny. They do it because of a lack of connection or self-esteem.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The only way to conquer the desire for sex is to replace it with a desire for God.

But even then, it's tricky. You must seriously purify your mind and body. You need nondual consciousness to do it.

Fulfilling these needs arguably leads to what Leo said: desire for God. Highest stage of Maslow's pyramid.

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

@Salvijus

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

See there are two ways. One is you focus on Self-realization and after that purity will follow by itself out of your level of consciousness. Second is you purify, purify, purify yourself to enlightenment. These are the two ways you can approach it. 

First one is faster but you will suffer all the way from all kinds of neurosis and compulsions cravings and depressions untill you reach some significant states of consciousness, then at this point things will start to fall off from you naturally. Thats why people started to say only if you're enlightened you can be happy. That's not true. 

There is a another pathway that works directly on removing all the junk you carry with you, if you want, you can be happy, balanced, stable and pure and free from compulsions without even knowing a thing about enlightenment just by following a certain process of purifying yourself. A process of purification includes all kinds of things, like, aultruism, love, devotion, volunteering and also various techniques to transform you, like yoga, and kriya and initiations and many other things can be done to you. 

Do you have any source you can link so that i can visit & learn an effective form of yoga that will help me with my sexual abstinence/nofap journey? 

I see many things on the internet that i don't trust (Too many videos/articles).

Edited by SQAAD

7 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

Addictions can definitely be powerful. I don't know much about dopamine.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Salvijus

Do you have any source you can link so that i can visit & learn an effective form of yoga that will help me with my sexual abstinence/nofap journey? 

I see many things on the internet that i don't trust (Too many videos/articles).

No sorry :D I only practice sadhguru's yoga. It did wonders to me. I dont know much about youtube yoga. 

Edited by Salvijus

12 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

Indeed. I’d say the top thing human mind-bodies desire. 

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Indeed. I’d say the top thing human mind-bodies desire. 

And it's never satisfying,

The irony

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Try not jacking off forever.  Sex just means cumming.  That is a biological need.  We have a need to cum.  And also we have a need to fuck our top 10 values too as the masculine.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Salvijus

4 hours ago, Salvijus said:

No sorry :D I only practice sadhguru's yoga. It did wonders to me. I dont know much about youtube yoga. 

Did you buy any of his courses in order to learn yoga? How did you learn it?

I wanna try it.

Edited by SQAAD

6 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Salvijus

Did you buy any of his courses in order to learn yoga? How did you learn it?

I wanna try it.

Yes, he only teaches yoga in live sessions. Because yoga is an experience not bundle of instructions :)

There're programs all over europe and everywhere. 

Edited by Salvijus

A need for the dormant. Because is the only way they can feel oneness.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Hellspeed

15 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

A need for the dormant. Because is the only way they can feel oneness.

:D ahahahaha