Ponder

Enlightenment and Suffering

264 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:09 AM, Ponder said:

Do you think enlightenment entails the cessation of suffering or not? And if so, why? 

Yes, self-realized know there is no one to suffer. Sensations of pain might be present and experienced deeply, but because they are dis-identified from the ego, they are free to move on without psychological suffering.

Yo guys. Check this out when you get a chance. 10 mins. into it and..............well you'll see.

10 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Yo guys. Check this out when you get a chance. 10 mins. into it and..............well you'll see.

I'm at work and all vids are blocked by the server. Could anyone tell me what the vid says at 10 mins on?

14 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Yes, self-realized know there is no one to suffer. Sensations of pain might be present and experienced deeply, but because they are dis-identified from the ego, they are free to move on without psychological suffering.

So in a sense you feel all the raw sensations like for example getting your body being stabbed, there is huge pain in the body, but since there not identification there is no suffering at all, just bodily sensation ? It feels neutral, as if you were watching the scene, but at the same time you're really living the scene ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

"Enlightenment and Suffering"?

You and this topic.

52 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

Enlightenment is also a process if you look at it from a different way. It's called the noble path. I speak of that a lot. But as far as being nothingness having an ego as opposed to being an ego with a memorable non dual experience, the difference is permanent enlightenment and intellectual understanding. Bodhi is intellect, and in a Buddah the bodhi is also awakened. That's because intellect is needed in being able to see through what causes separation.

Without the development of bodhi you are basically pissing in the wind with your practice because you cannot get to permanent realization without understanding the steps. And that requires practice.

Why is it called the noble path? There was nothing noble about my path. 

24 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@David Hammond Thanks for sharing those insights. Good stuff ♥️ ? 

Just an observation: you seem to be assuming that groundless is grounded. That a somewhere is nowhere/everywhere. These mental constructs of enlightenment and how to attain enlightenment yield wonderful insights and realizations. It’s very tempting for a mind to become attached and identified to such realizations and the attachment/identification can be extremely subtle. Yet all of it can get deconstructed to nothing. It’s the output of a human mind filter and there is a “prior” to that filter - including all the filtered insights you, me, Leo, everyone on this forum and every sage, mystic, guru, teacher is communicating. 

That's so important to remember, so easy to forget. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, Shin said:

So in a sense you feel all the raw sensations like for example getting your body being stabbed, there is huge pain in the body, but since there not identification there is no suffering at all, just bodily sensation ? It feels neutral, as if you were watching the scene, but at the same time you're really living the scene ?

Yes. Experiencing painful sensations doesn't have to induce suffering. The body-mind (ego) would 'feel' the pain, the YOU would observe those sensations.

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

There was nothing noble about my path.

Did you have crazy paving then?

Just now, Natasha said:

I'm at work and all vids are blocked by the server. Could anyone tell me what the vid says at 10 mins on?

@Natasha It's a 417hz audio.  Usually I'm not into that kind of thing but found it yesterday and I'm impressed with the results.

10 mins. into listening to it and reality no longer exists.

When you get out of work see what you think. The timeless, spaceless, locationless Absolute abounds!:)

Just now, cetus56 said:

@Natasha It's a 417hz audio.  Usually I'm not into that kind of thing but found it yesterday and I'm impressed with the results.

When you get out of work see what you think. The timeless, spaceless, locationless Absolute abounds!:)

Will check it out when I get home tonight. Thank you :)

@David Hammond

As you've trained a decade of breath watching, are you always aware of the breath now all the time?

Like you never get lost in any particular experience as breath is keeping you aloof.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

When I go to heaven my path will be paved with gold and chocolates

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

When I go to heaven my path will be paved with gold and chocolates

And celestial chicks ready to take a bite on your chocolate as well xD

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

dont-tempt-me.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

dont-tempt-me.jpg

Its a trap!

Thats how they hunt the poor little deer in the name of freedom, love, peace, bliss and all that good crap

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

22 minutes ago, Preetom said:

And celestial chicks ready to take a bite on your chocolate as well xD

Lol... Omg... I need to meditate.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

33 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

xD I guess you could say that. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Ponder Real enlightenment, if it exists, yes. By real enlightenment I mean the cessation of all craving. Hitting various non-dual states, nope. You might not suffer much if your life is cozy (e.g. Mooji), but the capacity to suffer is still very much there.