Ponder

Enlightenment and Suffering

264 posts in this topic

Do you think enlightenment entails the cessation of suffering or not? And if so, why? 

Yes end of all suffering. Because you become Truth. Well you were Truth whole time but you were ignorant to it. There is no path but only fool Will not walk it. ❤️

Edited by zeroISinfinity

No. Love is pain. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

No. Love is pain. 

Good god...

Masochists and sadists

Masochists and sadists everywhere!

17 minutes ago, Ponder said:

Do you think enlightenment entails the cessation of suffering or not? And if so, why? 

Yes it is. Because that's its innate function.

Its like asking can I conceptually understand newtonian projectile movement through equations and theory by studying physics? 

The answer is yes you can! There is no coherrent why argument here. There is no argument about why sugar is sweet. Sourness cant coexist with sugar. Thats just the nature of the beast.

Similarly suffering is anti-thesis to enlightenment. Enlightenment wouldn't worth shit if it couldn't do that, because thats like its only outcome.

Now of course you gotta stay coherrent with what you mean by those terms. Cause the delusion to call sugar as calm salt or calling salt as angry sugar goes way too deep xD

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Well Preetom enlightenment is real. It is not about conceptual understanding. You can't awake from learning. Yet those things might help to open your mind and heart but Will not make you enlightened. Only you can do it. As I said deep honesty deep love deep desire forTruth,madafucking bravery etc. All These divine qualities inside you must flower for you to become the Truth. After awakening all ? is washed away and suffering ends. ?

21 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Good god...

Masochists and sadists

Masochists and sadists everywhere!

Have you ever given birth? Trust me, love is pain. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Just now, mandyjw said:

Have you ever given birth?

yes and no

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

Trust me, love is pain. 

Thats like saying all there is to white light is a yellow light. But thats not the case. White light contains yellow in it.

Similarly i think it would be more eloquent to say love contains pain.

Anyway i see what you mean so no love lost hehe

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Ponder The answer is yes AND no, depending on perspective.

That's the beauty of reality because it's an absolute relativity.

in God mode there is no suffering.  It is liberation.

Return to the ego is return to suffering but your consciousness has gone thru the roof because of enlightenment.

This is not going to end suffering or any of your silly addictions.  That takes the ego some work.  

You didn't have these realizations with your enlightenment?

At stage Coral i would think you would be conscious of this stuff.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@PreetomI notice you changed your signature quote. I like it. How very Captain Ahab of you/us. 

Edited by mandyjw

When you return to life everything is seen as Love, absolutely everything and  you live your life as God not as person with fake identity and you see everyone as yourself. 

When I mean God I do not mean it as I am Fucking super hero and I can do Whatever the fuck I want. You become like True Father loving caring wise serving etc. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@zeroISinfinity indeed if your consciousnesses is raised enough you will be looking at the world thru a non-dual lens.

Also with consciousness elevated you have a deeper understanding of suffering so although its there you have complete acceptance of it and can embrace it much more effortlessly.   Doesn't mean it's not there.

Of course from God's perspective all dualities collapse and suffering and non-suffering are united.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

All personal suffering is caused from running away from Truth. That's the reason for it to bring you back. 

Indeed you have to clean all your bullshit(mods notice that I used this word) for you to really become it. 

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

No. Love is pain. 

Leather and lashes right ? ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Have you ever given birth? Trust me, love is pain. 

Have you ever been kicked in the b.lls, trust me not love :D

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

@Joker_Theory that is Suffering to the Infinite degree LOL...but still i would intuit that giving birth is worse :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Joker_Theory that is Suffering to the Infinite degree LOL...but still i would intuit that giving birth is worse :)

You're kidding, getting stabbed is much much worse.

Getting kicked in the balls is nothing ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them