Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aethereus

Balance between being and thoughts?

18 posts in this topic

How does one strike the balance between being and thinking/doing?

It seems to me that conscious thoughts and even unconscious ones (daydreaming) are necessary to function and achieve stuff. Yet I read in a book that what you learn in meditation must infuse your daily life. If that means that you should be mindful 24/7, then that's damn puzzling.

Being=You=God is All and you are It. Being is prior to thoughts and doing, it simply IS. Thoughts needs Being to think, Being doesn't need thoughts to Be. Being is the doer of all things. To be mindful 24/7 is to Be 24/7.

The mind is mindful of itself, awareness and consciousness is aware and conscious of itself. This leads to God-realization where you realize that you don’t exist other than as the unspeakable One which is All. 

2 hours ago, Aethereus said:

If that means that you should be mindful 24/7, then that's damn puzzling.

You can and you will.

You don't need to be enlightened, or had an awakening or opened your kundalini/shakra for that.

Just learn what meditation is really trying to teach you and don't see it as an activity but a way of life.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

You can and you will.

You don't need to be enlightened, or had an awakening or opened your kundalini/shakra for that.

Just learn what meditation is really trying to teach you and don't see it as an activity but a way of life.

Maybe someday youll grow a banana from your third eye. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Pay attention to how you feel. When you are feeling bad or off examine the thoughts that are causing it, question them and let them go. Or if you can't accept them, stay with them and feel them in your body without adding more to fuel them. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

27 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Pay attention to how you feel. When you are feeling bad or off examine the thoughts that are causing it, question them and let them go. Or if you can't accept them, stay with them and feel them in your body without adding more to fuel them. 

Some wise words. Thanks.

The battle between apple and banana is soon to begin ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 hours ago, Shin said:

You can and you will.

This spoke to me directly. Thanks a lot.

@Aethereus

1) Stop.

2) Breathe.

3) Go on.

Repeat as much as you need.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Aethereus

Mindfulness: Mindful of thought stories. Aware of Mind.

It goes like this....

My question / problem (thought story) is A.   How do I solve A, and thus find happiness in A?

That was just a thought story. 

You are happiness. 

Happiness will not be found in a thought story. 

Mindfulness = mindful of that.

Look at your hand, until all the thought stories play out.

Without words, without thought story, without language, without content......you can not say “that is me”, you can not say what that is.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Aethereus said:

This spoke to me directly. Thanks a lot.

By being conscious I mean just being conscious, not being thoughtless.
Being thoughtless is a state of mind that lots of seekers try to reach, as if it was a necessary step, it isn't.

There is no need to be thoughtless,
That's a huge misconception of what being conscious is.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

You’re always being, but you’re mostly identified with the doing. Surrender to whatever you’re doing and be identified with being, and you’ll know that serenity is your default state.

Acceptance of the present moment is key here. Say something happens and you feel angry. Don’t try to resist that emotion by thinking “oh no, I shouldn’t feel this way. Let me try to suppress it,” but rather accept the emotion and let it take its course, and it will dissipate on its own. Notice that I said to let the emotion take its course and not to let the emotion take control of you, so it doesn’t mean that you should let anger consume you and kill a person but to let anger flow through you like water. This way, whatever it is you’re doing and whatever emotions comes to you, at the sam time you’re also in a meditative state and in serenity.

There is clearly huge difference in emotional states of someone who is in mind and creates intention and someone who is not creating intention.

It is difficult to live while trying to  control your actions, ofc there are some middle grounds you can try to manage to not have to huge burden, where you can still have intentions, but do not overthink outcome of your intentions and get into inner battle. 

Edited by purerogue

@Aethereus Thoughts occur within Conciousness, to become Conciousness your conciouness would function within it. Just stay mindful. 

5 hours ago, Shin said:

By being conscious I mean just being conscious, not being thoughtless.
Being thoughtless is a state of mind that lots of seekers try to reach, as if it was a necessary step, it isn't.

There is no need to be thoughtless,
That's a huge misconception of what being conscious is.

I understand. However when I become conscious of my thinking, it either stops or turns into a mess. Quality thoughts often come when I'm not fully conscious (i.e. daydreaming) so how do I account for that?

6 minutes ago, Aethereus said:

I understand. However when I become conscious of my thinking, it either stops or turns into a mess. Quality thoughts often come when I'm not fully conscious (i.e. daydreaming) so how do I account for that?

Honestly I don't know, someone else should answer to this :D 

God is love

And God in them

1 hour ago, Aethereus said:

when I become conscious of my thinking, it either stops or turns into a mess. Quality thoughts often come when I'm not fully conscious (i.e. daydreaming) so how do I account for that?

When observing thoughts without judgment, thinking stops. When observing thoughts with judgment, a chain reaction occurs and it turns into a mess. All thoughts arise from the formless form of inner stillness, and if you want your thoughts to be insightful, creative or of quality, then be conscious--not of the thoughts themselves (because then it's too late and you have to bring yourself back to presence)--but of the stillness. That way, your subsequent thoughts won't be neurotic in nature, but rather be unhindered and at ease such as when you daydream. Let the intelligence within stillness be the guide.

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

Look at your hand, until all the thought stories play out.

Or observe the breath sensations for a straight 48 minutes without following a single thought. 

12 hours ago, Heviin said:

When observing thoughts without judgment, thinking stops. When observing thoughts with judgment, a chain reaction occurs and it turns into a mess. All thoughts arise from the formless form of inner stillness, and if you want your thoughts to be insightful, creative or of quality, then be conscious--not of the thoughts themselves (because then it's too late and you have to bring yourself back to presence)--but of the stillness. That way, your subsequent thoughts won't be neurotic in nature, but rather be unhindered and at ease such as when you daydream. Let the intelligence within stillness be the guide.

That said a lot. Thanks very much