TheAvatarState

Denver passed the bill to decriminalize psychedelic mushrooms!

28 posts in this topic

Wow! This could mean a lot for a Nationwide discussion on the topic! I'm proud to live here, and feel very lucky. :D

What are your thoughts on it guys?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I don't live in Denver, but 'm super excited about it. I hear they are collecting signatures for the decriminalization of all plant based psychs in California. And that measure would be voted upon in 2020. In any case, I hope Denver sets the precedent for other states.

Hazzah! 

If true then domino #1 has fallen.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What a crazy day! The bill was down big last night and all media outlets called it’s defeat. What an amazing turnaround. This is a huge step in awareness. I hope it goes well. A lot of people will be watching Denver as an example. . . Oregon up for a vote next in 2020

And kudos to the workers on on decriminalize campaign. I read they put an enormous amount of time in outreach - including a lot of old school door-to-door outreach

Every report I have read said the measure was rejected unfortunately. Does anyone have a link to a credible site that has the ballot results because in my search I haven't found one saying it passed?

Edited by SOUL

Just now, SOUL said:

Every report I have read said the measure was rejected unfortunately.

Yep. It looks like a crazy 4th quarter comeback. A three point buzzer-beater. A razor thin win that still needs certification

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yep. It looks like a crazy 4th quarter comeback. A three point buzzer-beater. A razor thin win that still needs certification

I changed the wording of my search to include 'passed' and then there were reports from local sources confirming it passed by a razor thin margin. I guess even search engines can't believe it to be true haha.

Edited by SOUL

See, this is what I mean by combining spirituality and politics.

This is how society self-actualizes at the collective level.

Conscious and engaged citizenry produces a better society.

Maybe it's time to donate some coin to the Oregon campaign. They have a good shot at passing it with all those hippie Oregonians.

Holymoly the measure decriminalizes the personal possession, use and  growing of them. I have experience in the cultivation of them so maybe I should pack my bags and head for Denver hehe.

14 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

What a crazy day! The bill was down big last night and all media outlets called it’s defeat. What an amazing turnaround. This is a huge step in awareness. I hope it goes well. A lot of people will be watching Denver as an example. . . Oregon up for a vote next in 2020

Right?! All day, I figured it didn't pass, but I still considered it a win because it was all over the news, and the vote was close. What a nail biter! 

My fingers are crossed for California and Oregon!

Sent from my iEgo

Interesting that the chief petitioners for the Oregon initiative are therapists. Unfortunately it looks like their are two competing groups to legalize shrooms there and it’s gotten nasty. They gotta get on the same page. 

I hope if the decriminalizing dominoes continue to fall, it will loosen restrictions on researching psychedelics in laboratories. The restrictions are brutal right now. 

If anyone can find some links to the donation campaigns in Oregon and California, please post them here.

Then I will post them on my blog for all to see.

I wish I had known about this Denver campaign earlier so I could promote it.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If anyone can find some links to the donation campaigns in Oregon and California, please post them here.

Then I will post them on my blog for all to see.

I wish I had known about this Colorado campaign earlier.

I just donated to the Oregon campaign. There are two campaigns. This one is for legalizing psilocybin therapy and is being run by therapists.

https://psi-2020.org/

I read these shroom campaigns are being run on tiny budgets, so small donations can have an impact.

@Leo Gura

Oregon initiative:

https://psi-2020.org/donate/

Heffter Research Institute: mission statement: "The Heffter Research Institute promotes research of the highest scientific quality with the classic
hallucinogens and related compounds (sometimes called psychedelics) in order to contribute to a greater
understanding of the mind leading to the improvement of the human condition, and to alleviate suffering."

https://heffter.org/donate/

I couldn't find anything specifically for a California based organization.

Sent from my iEgo

I like that the one initiative in Oregon legalizes psychedelic therapy and is being run by health care providers. The MDMA trials just started stage 3 trials and is many years away from reaching regular clinics. I hadn’t thought of this route before. It seems like it could be much faster.

If this passes in Oregon we could see professional psychedelic therapy by 2021. With positive results, word is gonna get out and social support  will skyrocket - just like it did for stem cell therapy

I can’t find an organized website for California. It looks like an initiate failed last year due to an overreach. They tried to legalize its sale, rather than simply decriminalizing or legalizing psilocybin therapy.

A short video on the grass roots Denver movement.