Ponder

Petition for Leo to smoke weed lol

67 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

@David Hammond Sure it CAN raise consciousness. For me it definitely has, it can make you go very very deep. And the results carries along when you are sober (for me it does anyway)

The problem is that it's addictive. I am an addict, and use it in cycles. Currently smoking now. It works great since I have learnt to use it is a part of my spiritual routine. When I get home from work I do my rapé, walk and I do my Kriya Yoga. Then I smoke the rest of the evening and go deep. Another problem though, is that there is a longing for the weed. And the thought if not doing it after my yoga makes me picture the rest of the evening a bit dull. And that's not good. But it definitely can be a valuable tool.

@Esoteric Ok so ultimately the net result is a wandering mind..So in that respect is it worth it? Not arguing, just wanting to inspire contemplation..

8 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

@Esoteric Ok so ultimately the net result is a wandering mind..So in that respect is it worth it? Not arguing, just wanting to inspire contemplation..

I am probably better off weed, I am not denying that. But I am happy with my progress and curve. A year ago I smoked before work and directly after I got home and halted my practices during the cycles I was on. So things have improved and will continue to improve.

Edited by Esoteric
Spelling mistake

Weed has taken me to several non-dual experiences. I'm smoking some black soon. ❤️ Go for it Leo, I think you would easily get a non-dual experience. 

Weed by itself in high amounts has made me more in the present moment. Some of the body sensations become very alive and it gets trippy when you have no tolerance and do some dabs.

Otherwise it serves as a nice sleep aid. Or when I am drunk. 

In terms of spirituality I think its value comes when mixing it. I smoked some weed the day after doing DXM and some was still in my system. I was getting heavy visuals and its an experience where I experienced nothingness to a degree and so "I" and "nothing" merged.

LSD + MDMA + Weed also has given me great insights.

I think weed is more complicated than 'it kills your life energy its bad never do it'

It largely depends on you and how you use it. There is no clear guide on this because of how variable people can be in development.

1 hour ago, David Hammond said:

@Ponder You think taking weed is going to make you transition spiritually? 

I know kids who spend their entire life in tracksuits, closed off in their apparetment for the whole weekend with the curtains closed living in filth with a diet consisting maninly of toast and takeaway tacos. 

They smell like shit because they have no consciousness to even notice that they smell. They look like crack heads. They have no life. 

And it's all down to smoking weed.

And you think weed RAISES consciousness? 

Saying something CAN raise consciousness doesn't mean it WILL.

It sounds like you've got an axe to grind against weed and so your perspective is too focused on how it can hurt especially when addicted. For the people you mentioned, weed is just a symptom of a bigger problem within them.

@Shadowraix Watch the breath. 10000x more potent than an unnatural substance like weed. I did my fair share of weed in the 80s when I was a boy. Plus acid. It's all good but there are side effects. No point being enlightened if you get a brain tumour? 

2 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

You seem stupid.

It’s fine to disagree and debate, yet name calling is against forum guidelines. 

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

It’s fine to disagree and debate, yet name calling is against forum guidelines. 

Friendly banter (not all of us a programmed with toxic shame). Time you got rid of the clipboard ? 

Edited by David Hammond

@Shadowraix Do you find weed to be useful for integration? For me, sometimes weed can kinda “bridge the gap”. Yet I’ve found it also has downsides.

1 minute ago, David Hammond said:

Friendly banter. 

Be aware of intention, impact and context. 

5 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

@Shadowraix Watch the breath. 10000x more potent than an unnatural substance like weed. I did my fair share of weed in the 80s when I was a boy. Plus acid. It's all good but there are side effects. No point being enlightened if you get a brain tumour? 

I am curious why you throw in the word 'unnatural' as it harbors no use to the discussion.

Who said you'd get a brain tumor? Everything has side effects to the mind even your own actions. Smoking weed doesn't guarantee you'll end up an impaired person. Not everybody blazes it 24/7 you know. The main harmful side effects come from frequent long term use.

The power of the breath largely depends on your existing state. Get your average joe to do it and it won't mean much. You don't get to where say Leo is at where just staring at your hand is like tripping from nowhere. That takes a lot of time. And some methods just work better for some than others. Drugs provide major breakthroughs that are there to *supplement* your usual practices.

I'm just saying the answer isn't as cut and dry as you make it out to be. Highly relative to the individual.

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Shadowraix Do you find weed to be useful for integration? For me, sometimes weed can kinda “bridge the gap”. Yet I’ve found it also has downsides.

I think so. I have mostly used weed as an amplification tool but occasionally smoking it and reflecting back on insights and what not I have gotten a few occasional 'ah-ha!' moments. Where it just feels like the fog of the insight has more subsided and I 'get it' better. I've watched some TV shows on weed and I noticed in general it encourages more out of the box thinking. Its almost like I can see an entire plot line and how it led up to the events like a single string of yarn clearly and ive been able to predict future events and plot twists with it. Its really mind fucky.

1 minute ago, Shadowraix said:

I am curious why you throw in the word 'unnatural' as it harbors no use to the discussion.

Who said you'd get a brain tumor? Everything has side effects to the mind even your own actions. Smoking weed doesn't guarantee you'll end up an impaired person. Not everybody blazes it 24/7 you know. The main harmful side effects come from frequent long term use.

The power of the breath largely depends on your existing state. Get your average joe to do it and it won't mean much. You don't get to where say Leo is at where just staring at your hand is like tripping from nowhere. That takes a lot of time. And some methods just work better for some than others. Drugs provide major breakthroughs that are there to *supplement* your usual practices.

I'm just saying the answer isn't as cut and dry as you make it out to be. Highly relative to the individual.

I think so. I have mostly used weed as an amplification tool but occasionally smoking it and reflecting back on insights and what not I have gotten a few occasional 'ah-ha!' moments. Where it just feels like the fog of the insight has more subsided and I 'get it' better. I've watched some TV shows on weed and I noticed in general it encourages more out of the box thinking. Its almost like I can see an entire plot line and how it led up to the events like a single string of yarn clearly and ive been able to predict future events and plot twists with it. Its really mind fucky.

What's relative to the individual? Can you really know what the individual is going to get from smoking a harmful substance like marijuana? Generally across the board it's considered unhealthy and can induce psychosis. Not all the time, but thinking in shades of grey can be a defence against facing the harsh realities of smoking cannabis. It's a dangerous psychedelic mind altering substance. Meditation is natural, it safe, yes there are even some casualties of meditation ,  but across the board generally it's safe. That is how to take a meta view of something, consider what it generally does for people

14 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

What's relative to the individual? Can you really know what the individual is going to get from smoking a harmful substance like marijuana? Generally across the board it's considered unhealthy and can induce psychosis. Not all the time, but thinking in shades of grey can be a defence against facing the harsh realities of smoking cannabis. It's a dangerous psychedelic mind altering substance. Meditation is natural, it safe, yes there are even some casualties of meditation ,  but across the board generally it's safe. That is how to take a meta view of something, consider what it generally does for people

The relativity comes to how much it can open someone up to different modes of thinking. Last I saw it was only considered unhealthy in frequent long term use. Otherwise there is no noticeable negative side effects. Psychedelics can induce psychosis as well. Might as well call everything harmful with how you are portraying it and by then harmful has little meaning. On the note of psychosis I remember a post here of a guy getting it from going on a vipassana retreat. Psychosis goes deeper than just substance use I think.

Natural vs unnatural is so misleading as everything is natural its all made by nature. We are nature. Its really human vs everything disguised else and doesn't say much to the discussion of safety.

Nobody is saying drugs are risk free. None of them are. But giving people only one side of the picture is misleading as well. I'm not pro or anti weed. Ive seen weed hurt people left and right, but I have also seen it help people. So the grey area comes to its a gamble in how the substance will interact with you and whether you get a positive or negative outcome. This applies to ALL drugs.

Meditation is safer but unless you understand why to do meditation you likely won't do it. This was the case for me until I had a very insightful experience induced by a substance. If it wasn't for my substance use i'd probably still be a hardcore atheist rationalist.

Edited by Shadowraix

54 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

You seem stupid.

Projection

What happened to the front of being the emotionally untouched enlightened front? 

Or let me guess... “I’m not being emotional, I’m pointing out something he can’t see because he’s so unconscious (or whatever other story you have going on)”

2 hours ago, David Hammond said:

And it's all down to smoking weed.

Lol the idea that the reason someone becomes a bum from smoking weed is an excuse I thought we were past this day in age. 

The weed is the outlet. Not the source. Get over your hang ups for things that don’t fit your preferences.

1 hour ago, David Hammond said:

Not arguing, just wanting to inspire contemplation..

I spy with my little eye a shadow right there.

Very clever.

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

For the people you mentioned, weed is just a symptom of a bigger problem within them.

Exactly. Bottom line.

22 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Projection

What happened to the front of being the emotionally untouched enlightened front? 

Or let me guess... “I’m not being emotional, I’m pointing out something he can’t see because he’s so unconscious (or whatever other story you have going on)”

Lol the idea that the reason someone becomes a bum from smoking weed is an excuse I thought we were past this day in age. 

The weed is the outlet. Not the source. Get over your hang ups for things that don’t fit your preferences.

I spy with my little eye a shadow right there.

Very clever.

Exactly. Bottom line.

Nobody is telling you not to smoke. Smoke if you want, but why are you so attached to it that you have to try to change me in order to feel better about your choices? 

54 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

The relativity comes to how much it can open someone up to different modes of thinking. Last I saw it was only considered unhealthy in frequent long term use. Otherwise there is no noticeable negative side effects. Psychedelics can induce psychosis as well. Might as well call everything harmful with how you are portraying it and by then harmful has little meaning. On the note of psychosis I remember a post here of a guy getting it from going on a vipassana retreat. Psychosis goes deeper than just substance use I think.

Natural vs unnatural is so misleading as everything is natural its all made by nature. We are nature. Its really human vs everything disguised else and doesn't say much to the discussion of safety.

Nobody is saying drugs are risk free. None of them are. But giving people only one side of the picture is misleading as well. I'm not pro or anti weed. Ive seen weed hurt people left and right, but I have also seen it help people. So the grey area comes to its a gamble in how the substance will interact with you and whether you get a positive or negative outcome. This applies to ALL drugs.

Meditation is safer but unless you understand why to do meditation you likely won't do it. This was the case for me until I had a very insightful experience induced by a substance. If it wasn't for my substance use i'd probably still be a hardcore atheist rationalist.

Good arguments. Can't really fault anything you have said here. You said it with respect and dignity and didn't make it personal. Thank you for the interesting chat about weed. 

4 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

Nobody is telling you not to smoke. Smoke if you want, but why are you so attached to it that you have to try to change me in order to feel better about your choices? 

1. I don’t smoke. Keep your projections to yourself. 
  2. I’m not trying to change you. I really couldn’t give 2 shits what you do. I have 0 investement in whatever it is you do. I’m pointing out your dogmatic behavior. Again, we’re going back to the same point. I’m point out your BEHAVIOR. NOT you. You are not the egoic tendencies that are being pointed out and called out.