Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
montecristo

Avengers metaphysics match Leo's

5 posts in this topic

I watched the newest Avengers today and realized that the movie's metaphysics of time is the same as how Leo reported time to be after his solo retreat in the retreat notes. That each moment in time still exists right now and always.

A more grounded example of this would be that it is possible that the light from events that occured on earth millions of light years away (and ago) are in this very moment being observed in real time by aliens with a very fine tuned and powerful telescope.

imagine being far enough away from earth that you could witness historical events in real time as they played out. essentially witnessing the past.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

Its not the same thing that is meant when people say every moment existed for eternity. This effect is because of the physical limit of light speed and its well observed, its not metaphysics.

that much is obvious but like I said it's a sort of 'soft example' of it if you know what I mean.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

Thanos has 'infinity' stones, but still wanted to destroy half of all sentient life in the Universe, because he was convinced that there aren't enough resources to go around. What an irony!

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard