moon777light

Why does the mind jump to past/future if it most benefits from now? (which it knows)

49 posts in this topic

You are not really scared of death of conceptual self that illusion is easy to break. But awareness. Do you really want to breat that illusion? That is really scary think about it ?

You have to have balls of steal to do this. I still do not understand why I am doing this really. Utter and complete destruction of yourself. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

'I still do not understand why I am doing this really. Utter and complete destruction of yourself.' @zeroISinfinity   

What self? There is no destruction. There is you. In your form and other forms. Enjoy this  form, learn as much as you can from it  and ,please, do not waste it. Be kind, be angry, be whatever the situation asks for. And be happy you get to be something rather than nothing 

It doesn't matter really. Last bits of ego nothing more. ❤️

Edited by zeroISinfinity

On 5/7/2019 at 4:47 PM, tsuki said:

The primary error you seem to be making is that you cannot do anything in order to be present. You cannot plan the steps, or start a practice.
That is because any intent puts you in the future and that is exactly the opposite of what you're trying to do. You cannot still a pond with a stick.

i know that to be present you cant consciouslly think "be present" but instead just melt away in what ever's going on in the moment. Im just baffled that we cant be like this the majority of the time, it seems like it should be natural. 

On 5/7/2019 at 5:12 PM, Nahm said:

Contemplate the past & future. Look for it, point to it. Try to hold it.  Try to go to the past and bring something with you into the present. Do the same for the future. Stand up and go walk to the past and look at it. Same with the future. 

Accept very deeply that what you’ve been referring to as “the past” - isn’t there. Your direct experience, is of a thought. 

See that there is no such thing as “the future”. Your direct experience, is of a thought. 

The present is your own selfless gift. Do not ask for more. It is enough. 

i know that technically the past and present dont exist, but im talking about the theoretical thoughts about it that says it does 

On 5/7/2019 at 9:16 PM, RichardY said:

As for  Yin and Yang; I think the general idea is to transcend the feminine(Yin), in favour of the masculine(Yang), more presence. Similar to a "Left-hand"(satanism) or "Right-hand path"(not satanism). The Tao Te Ching helps with the thinking aspect of non-duality. As for the other aspects.....

what do you mean by this? I thought surrendering is an act of Yin/feminine 

after thinking about it further i can see how its based on survival, like how reptilian brains does stuff we kinda find useless nowadays.

@moon777light
In ancient China, A Military "General" would dress in Black, Yin. His Lieutenant in White, Yang. Yes surrendering is Yin(formless). Preserving life Yang(form). Think of a wedding, The Groom traditionally dresses in Black, The Bride in white. 

If you want the "Now" how can it be formless?

the now is an illusion. there is no black and white.

Edited by now is forever
colours are not universally coded - black and white are interchangeable. even though the code of light is not.

2 hours ago, moon777light said:

i know that technically the past and present dont exist, but im talking about the theoretical thoughts about it that says it does 

Thoughts about past & future do not say there is a past or future. A thought about the past tells you it is now. A thought about the future tells you it is now. 

In the same sense, if you can see in front of you right now, then you are not in front of you. 

If you can see your hand, you must not be your hand.

If you are aware of thoughts, you must not be thoughts.

You must be the awareness.

Everything you are aware of, you are aware of, so you must be awareness which everything is within.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE