moon777light

Why does the mind jump to past/future if it most benefits from now? (which it knows)

49 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Shin said:

Good death filthy zen devil B|

Haha no death lol but indeed life in society become totally point less. It is time to go to monastery. 

@SOUL Yeah but the ego itself is an illusion - past and future is an illusion - so that's the irony.

The Ego wants to keep the concept of itself alive and in doing so it drives itself insane :)

That's why a lot of people say obsessing about the past is insanity, because none of it is real.   Only the present moment is Actual.

-- Or what Shin said - just without the bananas :)

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@SOUL Yeah but the ego itself is an illusion - past and future is an illusion - so that's the irony.

The Ego wants to keep the concept of itself alive and in doing so it drives itself insane :)

That's why a lot of people say obsessing about the past is insanity, because none of it is real.   Only the present moment is Actual.

-- Or what Shin said - just without the bananas :)

Quick, give me a distraction !

Shit everything feels boring again, I have to be fullly conscious.

Oh look, I'm tired and have to go to sleep !

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@SOUL @SOUL That's in the past so yes it is :)

@Shin Nighty night :) sleep tight and don't let the bananas bite :) 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

17 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@SOUL @SOUL That's in the past so yes it is :)

@Shin Nighty night :) sleep tight and don't let the bananas bite :) 

You can't woke me !

My distractions are well established
My lust is keeping all my blood in my banana
My attachments are legend --- wait for it --- DARY !

Captain Deviiiiiiiiiiiiil !!!!

God is love

And God in them

@Shin

It's not a conspiracy, it's how it has to be.

Your body has memories, and those memories project themselves into the future with/without interruption of the ego-mind.

A lot of things are the same way; DNA, cells, chemical receptors, plants, animals, nature as a whole, I don't know about the cosmos but I assume the same thing as well.

That's how God runs the show, and that's the purpose of the devil.

Past and future exist, they're not separate from the present moment.

Also don't forget that you can be thinking about the present moment.

"conceptual self".......

"if you were constantly present".......

(self vs. Self) duality.

You're looking at the part, while forgetting the whole.

10 hours ago, moon777light said:

@mandyjw i hear some teachers say how every time your not present, your pathologically thinking. I also hear other teachers say that if you ignore your desires and your needs that your also being pathological to your soul. Maybe its a duality/ yin&yang? Confusing

It’s not contradictory. Both actions, to want to be present or to want to ignore your desires, are the same actions which are driven by the same pathological mind you’re trying to avoid. Presence is not an action but a state of being, and the action of seeking inner stillness itself disturbs the state of inner stillness.

So, instead of seeking, let stillness be through presence like when you see the sunset and a feeling of serenity automatically takes over you for that brief moment. The sunset isn’t what caused you to be present. The sunset simply reminded you to surrender to the moment by accepting it for what it is so that you can simply be in the moment. You can also be in that state while doing things as long as you're acting without compulsion or expectations so that your inner state remains undisturbed (though it's a lot more difficult).

I have this idea in my head from listening to many people talk about physics and spirituality. Someone said that everything that will happen has already happened. Time is an illusion, all existence is but an instant. Like a huge, complex painting. I like to think of human life like being in different places in one instance, and not being aware of all of them at the same time. Maybe past and future thoughts are glimpses we perceive from those other places to which we extend. 

There was a channeler who said we are interdimensional beings. We move from one dimension to another every moment; that is how reality works, we are just not aware of it. 'You're doing it now. You're doing it now. You're doing it now.' stuck in my mind. I like that idea :) 

I had this strange feeling riding the bus to work one day, that we live the same day, over and over again, we just make different choices. Maybe it's the same moment, not the same day

6 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

@Shin

It's not a conspiracy, it's how it has to be.

Your body has memories, and those memories project themselves into the future with/without interruption of the ego-mind.

A lot of things are the same way; DNA, cells, chemical receptors, plants, animals, nature as a whole, I don't know about the cosmos but I assume the same thing as well.

That's how God runs the show, and that's the purpose of the devil.

Past and future exist, they're not separate from the present moment.

Also don't forget that you can be thinking about the present moment.

"conceptual self".......

"if you were constantly present".......

(self vs. Self) duality.

You're looking at the part, while forgetting the whole.

I'm just saying it's kind of a requirement to woke.

When I say being present it's not just not having past or present thoughts though, it's being conscious behind any thought/emotions/sensations or perceptions extremely clearly.

To the point when even when there is no thought at all, you're still knowing that you're imagining your present experience (at some level otherwise realization would have happened).

Still imagining, because there is still a self referential self, and still a body that you are aware of, way more than anything else, as if you were unconsciously focusing all your attention to this instead of not focusing on anything on particular.

Of course I didn't realize anything so I don't know to which degree I'm deluded, probably a lot, but that's how I see it now

?

God is love

And God in them

12 hours ago, Shin said:

Past and future are there in order to sustain the conceptual self.

There's this kind of past and future, which is imaginary.

And there's the other kind, which is actual.

I was talking about the actual one, the one that is experienced, including thought experiences.

That kind is identical to the present moment. There cannot be present moment without past and future.

And although I'm speaking with such confidence, I don't really know if I'm right. It just seems right.

2 hours ago, Codrina said:

There was a channeler who said we are interdimensional beings. We move from one dimension to another every moment; that is how reality works, we are just not aware of it. 'You're doing it now. You're doing it now. You're doing it now.' stuck in my mind. I like that idea :) 

That's exactly right! I had the same insight. For every action you perform, there is an infinite number of possible variations, and all infinite variations are true as the unmanifested universes. Every moment a thought is made or an act is performed, that becomes an act of creation from which an infinite number of universes are subsequently created, and You choose to live them all, one at a time. Everything you experience from one moment to the next is never from the same universe.

Furthermore, all of existence already exists within the present time which is eternal and infinite. This is a bit difficult to put into words, but the reason why my experience coincidentally matches your experience or anyone else's is because all infinite possibilities are superimposed onto each other in a precisely and perfectly interwoven and interconnected way so that all possibilities will match with other possibilities within the eternally existing pool of infinite possibilities. Not sure if I made any sense here.

Lastly, the reason why we perceive reality from past to future is because the time illusion is essential for making all experiences worth experiencing. It is only through limitations that the fragmented consciousness gets to experience the infinite as if it always were the very first time.

@moon777light I used to have alot of these thoughts too. The thoughts was mostly about me beating myself up over what had happened in the past. Feelings of worthlessness and anxiety came with the thoughts aswell. 

What helped me most was seeing that these thought weren't true. That what happened in the past didn't define who I were. When these thoughts came up I stopped paying attention to them and instead focused on what I was doing at the time. Physical activity helped when the thoughts were extra sticky. 

Baby steps indeed! Just take it one thought at a time. Make life one big meditation. :)

This part self vs Self is what I still don't understand. Why appearance of the body? I Just do not need it. 

There are some huge problems when your perceived identity collapses fully. 

Why I am not stupid? I really want to be banana chaser to reintegrate back but I can't ?. Something in me died completely. 

I really have deep sense that I am really not needed here. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

2 hours ago, Shin said:

I'm just saying it's kind of a requirement to woke.

When I say being present it's not just not having past or present thoughts though, it's being conscious behind any thought/emotions/sensations or perceptions extremely clearly.

To the point when even when there is no thought at all, you're still knowing that you're imagining your present experience (at some level otherwise realization would have happened).

Still imagining, because there is still a self referential self, and still a body that you are aware of, way more than anything else, as if you were unconsciously focusing all your attention to this instead of not focusing on anything on particular.

Of course I didn't realize anything so I don't know to which degree I'm deluded, probably a lot, but that's how I see it now

?

What you are is something amazing beyond words to describe it. 

But once you know it your life as self is over. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

The heartbodymind is always looking for ways to be an agent for helping the Ego -- so the heartbodymind is always looking about for something to be concerned with that might benefit or harm the Ego.  This is why the heartbodymind is often focused on the past and the future instead of the present.  This is why I call this system together the Ego-heartbodymind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Past and future are conceptual illusory. That's what you currently are Just an idea. What is real present is GOD. 

God rewards devils not angels. Speaks a lot about nature of God ;)

Edited by zeroISinfinity

But not that are Just thoughts are and idea that "heartbodymind" is an idea too. World that heartbodymind is "in" is and idea too. But there is really big Catch to this. Where people get stuck with. Oh it is all a dream bla bla bla. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 hour ago, zeroISinfinity said:

What you are is something amazing beyond words to describe it. 

But once you know it your life as self is over. 

Well no, I'm still a self, no self/god realization.

I guess it's at that point that it's only a matter of time though, because even though I'm afraid I can't help going deeper.

God is love

And God in them

Meditate and let go of all your invested energy into everything you have ever experienced where your energy is hooked in. You Will get this expansive empty notion of yourself then open your heart fully. That "space" "awareness" Will collapse into heart into source. 

Most scariest shit ever you really die. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity