Shaun

Why care about the environment?

64 posts in this topic

because you are the environment.

B R E A T H E

41 minutes ago, pluto said:

I really hope to realise this truth for myself.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

I think humans care about a few things quite a lot. One of them is how resources are allocated. It is in everyone's best interest that those resources are allocated in the best possible way.

13 hours ago, Shaun said:

You will :)

B R E A T H E

17 hours ago, Shaun said:

Look around you. Is the separation between you vs environment actually there, or is it a projection of your own mind?

There is separation but there also is not. A whole piece can infinitely divide itself.

Oneness is one of the first major insights a lot of people get. Contemplate deeply on separation and practice awareness on how you perceive separation. Question why you see it as separate and if it is true. Also how easy it is to change that perception.

Look at a house you see a whole thing, look inside it and you see walls, a TV etc. Look inside a TV and you see various components etc etc.

18 hours ago, Shaun said:

Lot's of projection, judging and groundless assumptions here. Anyway, I actually care deeply about these issues but you obviously didn't read the entire thread, only the title. My question was perfectly valid based on the general consensus here that I am all there is and everything is an illusion. I have never experienced that truth so that's why I still have compassion, do all I can to help the environment and others. So with that, it is YOU who knows nothing.

Don't use your defensiveness of projection, assumption and judging (which are also projections) to not look deeply at what is being said. There is always a kernel of truth and growth to be found. While Scholar's post may seem like an attack, he perhaps consider he is trying to point you somewhere. Look into that. Don't get caught up in the little details. See the big picture.

On 5/13/2019 at 0:05 PM, Shaun said:

Lot's of projection, judging and groundless assumptions here. Anyway, I actually care deeply about these issues but you obviously didn't read the entire thread, only the title. My question was perfectly valid based on the general consensus here that I am all there is and everything is an illusion. I have never experienced that truth so that's why I still have compassion, do all I can to help the environment and others. So with that, it is YOU who knows nothing.

Could you explain what you think these groundless assumptions are? You had questions which to me indicated ignorance, if you were not ignorant you would not ask these question. It does not matter whether you deeply care about these issues or not, and again, you seem to be disconnected from these issues. You can care about an idea, yet not about the reality of the idea, which is why you could come up with silly questions such as:

From a higher perspective than the stage green I am at, does all this caring about the environment stuff even matter?

What I tried to convey to you is how to acquire a higher perspective. The fact that you have not experienced the truth is precisely why I tried to motivate you to do so. I have misjudged you, I did not expect you to react this emotionally to something that I thought could motivate and help you understand "higher perspective". For that I apologize.

And yes, I know nothing. You still seek for someone to give you an answer to something that you can only find for yourself. All we can do is provoke your ego into action, which I seemingly failed at. Notice that you yet again seek an idea, an intellectual answer to something that could not possibly be intellectual. You commit the same ignorance I have described to you in the first post.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

On 5/13/2019 at 3:37 AM, pluto said:

Aye, that's the rub.

Can't frame it more directly than that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Shaun You are the environment, in the most literal sense. Anything that we inflicts on the environment crashes back on us sooner or later, because we are not isolated from it but very much a part of it. We throw plastic in the oceans which breaks up to microplastic, fish then eat it, and then larger and larger animals eat those again and so on until it's all the way up in the food-chain. They have even found microplastic in walruses at the North Pole. And now it's entering our bodies too, to a larger and larger degree. We must get used to eating toxins in the future.

If you value life valuing the environment will be a natural implication.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Aye, that's the rub.

Can't frame it more directly than that.

Environment is just a thought. It’s not real. 

Even when you look at an “environment”, if your mind doesn’t name it with thoughts, it remains as nothing. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise How many times have I warned you about such naive absolutistic thinking? You're overlooking something.

Environment is a relative term defined against the human self.

By neglecting the environment people are precisely failing to realize that environment and self are one. Because they are convinced that environment is something "other" which they don't need to care about as long as their body is cared for. But the body cannot be cared for without caring for the environment.

Unity and holism is the highest truth. Anything short of that leads to pathology.

@Leo Gura It’s not that it’s ‘other’, it’s that it’s not true. It’s fake. Unreal. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise If you insist on being dense, go right ahead. God won't stop you.

44 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Even when you look at an “environment”, if your mind doesn’t name it with thoughts, it remains as nothing. 

That is not absolute nothing. Removing a thought and considering that as nothing is not even close. It would be like removing a nail out of a wall and believing you’ve completely deconstructed all the buildings in the world. 

@Serotoninluv without a thought, what would be left?

19 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Thoughts are a tiny portion of the deconstruction process. There is much deeper to go. Going prior to thoughts is the very beginning.

If there was a two hour movie showing construction from nothing to everything, thoughts would appear 1hr: 59min into the movie. It’s not even close to the start. 

24 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Direct experience.

@Leo Gura Are you saying that I should care for the environment? I mean I only get to live for 80-90 years tops, and I could be the most evil and corrupt person to the environment and it still won't matter.

It's the collective that really matters, so there's where ideology is needed.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Serotoninluv what else is there to deconstruct other than thoughts? Please give me some examples?

@Truth Addict ‘Direct experience’ is another thought. Notice that you had to think of it.

Just now, How to be wise said:

@Truth Addict ‘Direct experience’ is another thought. Notice that you had to think of it.

Finger pointing to the moon. Don't look at the finger, look at the moon.

@Truth Addict direct experience without thought is nothingness. You can’t call it anything.