Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Do Monks Work on their Sexuality?

31 posts in this topic

After watching Leo's last video i have some questions.

What does working on your sexuality is supposed to mean & why should i even bother working on it?

What if i decide to remain celibate for the rest of my life?

Do monks who have renounced sex & intimate relationships work on their sexuality? I don't think so. Also personally i am not  a big  fan of intimate relationships because they are more like business transactions. That's why i am pursuing celibacy & nofap.

If one, longing for sensual pleasure, achieves it, yes, he's enraptured at heart. The mortal gets what he wants. But if for that person — longing, desiring — the pleasures diminish, he's shattered, as if shot with an arrow.

— Kama Sutta, Sutta Nipata

The Buddha then goes on to say:

So one, always mindful, should avoid sensual desires. Letting them go, he will cross over the flood like one who, having bailed out the boat, has reached the far shore.

Edited by SQAAD

8 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

After watching Leo's last video i have some questions.

What does working on your sexuality is supposed to mean & why should i even bother working on it?

What if i decide to remain celibate for the rest of my life?

Do monks who have renounced sex & intimate relationships work on their sexuality? I don't think so.

I have always wondered how monks overcome the blue balls syndrome. Maybe someone can answer?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

I am talking about true monks.Monks are not accepted as monks immediately.only after sufficient purification of mind,celebacy,desirelessness they are accepted monks.

They don't have that desire for sex or attraction towards opposite gender.

@Jkris

9 minutes ago, Jkris said:

I am talking about true monks.Monks are not accepted as monks immediately.only after sufficient purification of mind,celebacy,desirelessness they are accepted monks.

They don't have that desire for sex or attraction towards opposite gender.

I disagree.

I think no matter how enlightned these monks get , they still have a penis & desire for sex.

Edited by SQAAD

@Shaun It does not occur when you evolve and embody the essence of who you are and as sexual energy becomes your creative expression in which the case of blue balls only occurs to those who are still in animal-consciousness energy rather than fully embodied in human-consciousness and still very attached to ego/desires ect.. I personally experienced this phase in which wet dreams, blue balls ect.. only occur when you are out of tune with the true essence of who you are and not properly transmuting sexual energy but again when you are in alignment with a higher consciousness sexual energy is transmuted naturally as everything you do is an expression of divinity in its purest form.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@SQAAD Thats your mind with sexual desires and hence you are projecting on others meaning you think it's impossible and I am saying it's possible.

1 minute ago, Jkris said:

@SQAAD Thats your mind with sexual desires and hence you are projecting on others meaning you think it's impossible and I am saying it's possible.

That's good because the chances of me getting sex are extremely small. Transcend the need and there's no problem.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Monks is such a arbitrary word, there are so many different schools of Buddhism. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Jkris

3 minutes ago, Jkris said:

Maybe you are right man. I still think though that these monks have sexual urges/desires but they somehow transcend them. It is an ongoing battle.

Do you ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@SQAAD Again it is very important to talk about purification of mind.Freedom from lust,anger,jealousy,hatred and what ever needs working.Meaning the mind has to become pure.The personality must become pure.Though the personality is realized as unreal.It is the mind or personality that acts in real life.

Traditionally enlightenment meditation techniques were given to person by gurus only after seeing if the person deserves enlightenment.

@Rilles

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Monks is such a arbitrary word, there are so many different schools of Buddhism. 

Yes. I am talking generally about monks who abstain from sex for life.

@Shin

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

Do you ?

Nope. I don't even know what working on your sexuality is supposed to mean. That's why i posted this thread.

I wanna know so i can make changes if necessary. 

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

@Shin

Nope. I don't even know what working on your sexuality is supposed to mean. That's why i posted this thread.

I wanna know so i can make changes if necessary. 

Interesting, what about if you were to meet someone who is like minded and is completely on the same path as you? You could gain a lot of growth from that? 

Having sex or not having sex does NOT matter when it comes to enlightenment.

Having conscious sex vs not conscious, just like every other action that you take in life IS what matters.

I recommend everyone here to study Tantric and Taoist practices.

Edited by whoareyou

Just now, whoareyou said:

Having sex or not having sex does NOT matter when it comes to enlightenment.

Having conscious sex, just like every other action that you take in life IS what matters.

I recommend everyone here to study Tantric and Taoist practices.

No, because that's still a should.

You could also never have sex if that doesn't resonate with you.

Asexual person exist.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@SQAAD Perhaps you interpret sex as transactional due to emotional avoidance, positing that sex will = happiness. Like an exchange...”If I put in the time & effort to find sex, I’ll get happiness.

Discover your true self , Happiness, in acceptance. This is done with or without an active sex life. Sex drive is just one facet to accept. 

In ‘having done the work’, and feeling great with or without any thing (ex; sex), you’ll exhume a natural attraction, as that is what everyone is seeking. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@pluto i would have to agree with you there i believe its a tricky illusion of the ego - a state of mind -

It is a thing of the ego.   Thats why it can turn into an addiction like alcohol and drugs etc..

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Nahm Is it necessary to work on your sexuality if you don't care about having sex?

@SQAAD 

These questions are a reflection of your thinking, write it down and inspect it.  How would one ‘work on’ their sexuality, really? I can see working on confidence, socializing, communication in relationships, learning & understanding more about sexuality. If by ‘work on’, you mean explore & express your sexuality, then yes. If you want to have sex, and by ‘work on’, you mean have sex, then yes. Embrace the whole of you.

If you mean suppress it, deny it, then no. That to me seems like fragmentation, and I am at a loss as to how that is useful.  Just to note, I make a distinction between having or not having sex, and embracing or not embracing one’s own sexuality. Many people have lots of sex without understanding the nature of their sexuality. Assuredly, unfortunately, most people. Some people can not have sex, and understand the true nature of sexuality quite well.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE