Angelo John Gage

How to Lose Fat and Keep it Off

42 posts in this topic

@Angelo John Gage Fat cells absorb and retain toxins, so full body detox would be the first step. Once toxins are flushed out of your body, you will easily shed those stubborn extra pounds.

Intermitent fasting and proper diet.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Natasha a lot of this detox stuff is not backed by any studies at all.

i suggest everyone follow Dr. Layne Norton's channel because he dispells many 'myths' that various communities push; espeically this one.

Edited by Angelo John Gage

3 minutes ago, Angelo John Gage said:

@Natasha a lot of this detox stuff is not backed by any studies at all.

i suggest everyone follow Dr. Layne Norton's channel because he dispells many 'myths' that various communities push

I'll watch the vid when I get home, thanks.

So all the junk that people digest with chemically laiden 'food' and water, inhale from polluted air, household cleaners, smoking, etc... all those toxins that go right into your blood, organs, cells and linger there to cause more health problems, should be left there? Is that what you're saying?

1 hour ago, Shin said:

Intermitent fasting and proper diet.

That's what I do - a green smoothie or small snack of nuts and fruit for lunch, healthy dinner in the evening, and lots of clean water throughout the day.

The only reliable way I found to lose fat,

Is to starve.

The fat that is stored in your body (mainly the belly) will only be processed and used if you stop storing energy.

The fat that is stored in your body is like an emergency freezer, this is where the body stocks the excess of energy that he can gather, in case you don't find food in the next days or weeks (of course nowadays it's kind of irrelevant for many of us).

The fat that is momentarily stored in your belly is like the refrigirator, you can only stock so much until it is empty.

The thing is (I like this expression 9_9), we never stop filling the refrigirator, more than that, we put food in it even when it isn't even half empty.

So the natural course of this is that we never use the freezer,
And if you never let your body use the freezer,
You don't lose fat.

All the other methods will never work on the long term, because it completely ignore and deny this simple fact.
Try it for yourself (and ofc don't eat shit alongside it), start with intermittent fasting (youtube it)
Don't do a fast directly, that is overkill and you will lose your shit xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

11 minutes ago, Natasha said:

So all the junk that people digest with chemically laiden 'food' and water, inhale from polluted air, household cleaners, smoking, etc... all those toxins that go right into your blood, organs, cells and linger there to cause more health problems, should be left there? Is that what you're saying?

Our bodies constantly detoxify via urine, sweat, feces. We have organs whose function is precisely to detoxify our bodies - liver, kidneys, intestines and so on. Unless you have some serious medical issue, these organs are functioning all the time just fine on auto-pilot and don't need any special treatment to work.

Detox kits you get from the health food store, and detox diets don't have scientific veracity to back them up. They are very profitable and unregulated and they prey on peoples fancying the idea of being able to take something that will make all the bad stuff go away.

Some things like heavy metals do accumulate, and if you have actual heavy metal poisoning there are harsh medical treatments that can help.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Shin no need to starve yourself, because it won't be sustainable. Just simply reduce your daily caloric intake by creating a daily deficit and over time you will lose fat. Nothing comes fast without risk of serious rebound if not properly done.

2 minutes ago, Angelo John Gage said:

@Shin no need to starve yourself, because it won't be sustainable. Just simply reduce your daily caloric intake by creating a daily deficit and over time you will lose fat. Nothing comes fast without risk of serious rebound if not properly done.

I'm not advocating fasting.

Intermittent fasting just means you don't eat in the morning, and stop putting anything in your stomach after 8PM.
Which in my experience was just making me more tired than anything else anyway.

By the way the analogy I used doesn't come from me,
I can't find the video that explains it.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

6 minutes ago, outlandish said:

Our bodies constantly detoxify via urine, sweat, feces. We have organs whose function is precisely to detoxify our bodies - liver, kidneys, intestines and so on. Unless you have some serious medical issue, these organs are functioning all the time just fine on auto-pilot and don't need any special treatment to work.

Detox kits you get from the health food store, and detox diets don't have scientific veracity to back them up. They are very profitable and unregulated and they prey on peoples fancying the idea of being able to take something that will make all the bad stuff go away.

Some things like heavy metals do accumulate, and if you have actual heavy metal poisoning there are harsh medical treatments that can help.

I agree - our bodies are designed to extract toxins... but the environment these days is much more harsh with pollutans and more toxic stuff goes in than the body can push out. I'm not suggesting one should use detox products. But helping our body to cleanse with the help of clean diet, exercise, ditching bad habits, proper breathing, mindful living in general, etc is crucial imo.

@Angelo John Gage @outlandish Some of the things that I do for continuous detox - 80% of my diet is organic food from the earth (I also use chlorella in my daily smoothies), fresh juicing and fermenting, I only drink alkaline water, I make my own cleaning household and beauty products, I don't wear makeup, dry saunas weekly (for better perspiration), moderate work-outs and daily brisk walks, saline water flushes once a month, breathing exercises at the beach, etc.   

I found the video

Must watch

Rewatching again just because he's funny xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Just now, Angelo John Gage said:

@Shin  Dr. Fung promotes the erroneous insulin = fat model, which is false.

Maybe, I don't know.

I just know it works for me, that's all I need :D

God is love

And God in them

6 minutes ago, Angelo John Gage said:

@Shin  that's all that matter and if you can sustain it, great haha

It's really not a problem.

You feel more energetic, less sleepy, and you can focus more.

He may be wrong on some points, but the general point of really losing fat sustainably by fasting is true (ofc don't believe me try it for yourself).
Now like I said intermittent fasting is enough.

If you're (not you "you" ^^) overweight and really want to lose all that weight fast, you need to prepare yourself to psychologically not overindulge when the fast ends (by reading good advices about how to do it).

A good diet habit is key, because if you have a morphology that gain weight fast, then it doesn't matter if you lose all that weight anyway, you'll take it back, even if you don't overindulge.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

On 5/11/2019 at 9:28 PM, Angelo John Gage said:

@integral dr. berg is not a biologist or nutritionist, he is a chiropractor. He is basically spewing the same talking points every single other keto person does. Calories in vs calories out is based on the laws of thermodynamics. You if you are eating ONLY keto and consuming more calories that you are burning, you will gain fat, this is irrefutable.

There are key insights missing from this conclusion.

1) The person speaking is irrelevant, if hitler gave that talk i would learn equally from him or any source. 
2) The category of knowledge that matters here is the merger of nutrition and human biology, insights derived from this merger are what matters not laws of physics. 

3) The insight that matters: The body cannot access fat storage when insulin is high. Eating carbs prevents the body from accessing fat storage, as a result if someone lowers calories and continues eating high carb the body will enter into a starvation state NOT fat burning fasting state. This starvation state puts the body in high stress and is NOT the same as fasting, it is also why most people think losing weight is "hard" and gain it back instantly. Its actually extremely easy when done the way the body was designed to do it and easy to maintain when eating what the body was designed to eat. 

3.5) Another note prolonged low caloric intake with high carbs causes the body to adapt by lowering metabolism.  In our "modern" culture this translates to a thyroid disorder  diagnosis by ignorant doctors (i think @Leo Guru is well aware of this one).  That person is then put on thyroid medication devastating the body for various reasons, especially because the underlying cause was not addressed only the symptom. The body continues to adapt by lowering the metabolism furter and the doctors adapt by increasing the thyroid medication. A truly incompetent cycle. 

4) Functional Chiropractors study health while the traditional doctor study disease and sickness. The education western doctors receive has been fully mutated by capitalism/ pharmaceutical companies. As a result the only thing they understand are treatments that make money. == drugs. Of Course they have no idea there education was fraudulent and go there entire career destroying the lives of there patients. A tragedy. 

5) Another important point is carbs are still very important for the body specifically if the person is body building. Where carbs is an important factor for endurance when exercising.

6) The diet the body was designed to eat is something similar to the diet described by "the plant paradox". Not keto. Doe it is a low carb diet. 

All of this is coming from someone who has lost 100 pounds and cured severe autoimmune issues, this includes curing crohn's, adrenal fatigue and thyroid problems as well as a list of other issues. Real hard work and suffering was put into these insights. 

Summary to loss weight eat low carb/lower carb intake, follow the plant paradox meal plan permanently. Not as a on or off "diet" to loss weight but to be healthy and to maximize the body's genetic potential. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Good shit brother

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.