Preety_India

Are we spiritual beings having a human experience or are we?

32 posts in this topic

@Jkris the awareness isnt aware of itself it just IS itself.  In other words you BE it you don't think about it.

That is Being...the perceiver or knower as you call it collapses as it was just an illusion.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

35 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Plain and simple answer to the title of the topic: yes. It's just that you have to discover that for yourself if you haven't. We all have different paths to it.

So have you found the source of your ' I ' feeling, or your spiritual being ? where does it come from ?

@Jkris its a great question because you can't get more fundamental than awareness..so this really requires a non-dual experience to experience for yourself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Dumb Enlightened The I feeling is always there in the waking state.Doesn't come and go like thoughts.Except momentary non experience of I feeling when deeply involved in thinking or activity.The attention immediately goes back to the I feeling.

And not sure how to find the source of I feeling.

1 hour ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

So have you found the source of your ' I ' feeling, or your spiritual being ? where does it come from ?

Ok.. I just live in mindfulness meditation in my daily life or try to. That's the best I could describe it. We all still have to live this life no matter where we are on our path.

The biggest question for me and probably for everyone else is, do you know what is your objective in life? If you finally reach this objective, and it becomes a vista point for you, where are you going to go next till the end?

@Key Elements  Do 'we' have an objective, since there is no us?

The thing is, it is impossible to not refer to yourself as yourself. Or another as another. This is just the direct experience. Which suggests we are not one thing.

Where is the evidence that we are not souls having a human experience? Sure I didn't chose my soul. But if I have free will, I have the power to make my reality as good or bad as I like it. I can be whatever I wanna be.

18 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

@Key Elements  Do 'we' have an objective, since there is no us?

The thing is, it is impossible to not refer to yourself as yourself. Or another as another. This is just the direct experience. Which suggests we are not one thing.

Where is the evidence that we are not souls having a human experience? Sure I didn't chose my soul. But if I have free will, I have the power to make my reality as good or bad as I like it. I can be whatever I wanna be.

I'm not going to go into it in a very complicated way like you are saying. If you want a Satori (enlightenment) to happen to you to see and become nothingness/No-self/there is no you, you still have an ego to deal with in this life afterwards. If you don't want to talk about this life, then don't. I was only answering the topic question. It's your responsibility to research and prove it to yourself. I'm not here to prove anything to anyone.

24 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

It seems like you have not yet had direct nondual experience. My sense is your mind is immersed in thinking and interpretation - trying to figure this out and make sense of it all. That will lock a mind into a highly dualistic framework - even if the mind is analyzing and conceptualizing nonduality. Ime, the thinking / analysis / conceptualization is insufficient for transcendence. One needs to go "above" that for the transcendence - because all that thinking / analysis / conceptualization is within a more expansive state of transcendent being. Yet the thinking mind will often resist that because it wants to control the narrative. It will want to stay contracted within thinking, analysis and debate for a sense of grounding and control of the narrative. 

There is a reference space of "yourself" beyond "yourself". As another not being another. This is just the direct experience. Go out in nature, shut off the thinking mind and observe. Let go of the thought stories and allow a more expansive awareness to arise within the experience of what Is.

Wouldn't that be cool Jim Carrey playing Terrance McKenna

lifej-is-so-beautiful-especially-when-im-absent-from-it-26973605.png