Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peter124

Is it normal to feel emense resistance from meditating?

10 posts in this topic

When I usually try meditating, I always feel a great resistance inside of me from continuing to meditating. It's like my body is trying to make me stop meditating, sometimes softly trembling and goes into some fight or flight mode. 

With that said when meditating, I do have decently ok bits of thaughtlesness. When I've meditated recently. 

And always I alway feel an incredibly harsh ego backlash every single time where it feels like anger depression anxiety fearful and negative thaughts spike and over take me. And I usually fall and feel overwhelmed by unconsciousness and confusion afterwards. 

I don't meditate as often as I aught because I am to an extent, worried of this harsh backlash and resistance while meditating.

Is this resistance normal? 

Edited by Peter124

@Peter124 Write about how the sensations feel. You’ll be fine. You’re just sitting there, breathing. Understand the sensations, and the perspectives behind them. Notice the thought stories. Don’t believe em. Stay with the breathing, and the sensations. By writing, you’ll begin to get clarity on perspectives & beliefs you’ve been repeating for a long time. You’re basically breaking the habit of believing negative thinking. There isn’t actually any resistance, whatsoever. Just you, sitting there. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It's totally normal,

All the suppressed stuff inside you is coming to your awareness,

You need to process them by just being passively aware of them.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Peter124 Stick with it though, it’s worth it and it does get easier. You’ll find the peace you’re looking for. In truth, it’s always there - just a habit of overthinking. But you’re addressing it, and it will lead to inner peace and a fulfilled life. Beliefs you’ve been repeating about yourself will bubble up to get attention - just return your attention to breathing from your stomach over and over, and relax head to toe, over and over.  Again, whatever arises, if it overwhelmed you, just stop for a minute, and write about how it feels. 

@Peter124

If you feel releases, that’s fine. If you feel resistance, that’s fine.   Try to just be the observer.  Be impartial...curious. 

If you are at a place in self exploration where you consider meditation an activity of mind then yes..it is normal, dude. :)

Normal. 

This unconscious material is arising allowing you the opportunity to purify it.  Stay as the witness. Stay mindful.