EvilAngel

Can you be "out of sync" with reality?

21 posts in this topic

This puzzles me. If there is really no free will, and the universe is a unified whole, that simply exists and flows naturally, then why does it seem as if one is "out of sync" with existence? Maybe a question I shouldn't be asking, but I'd love to hear your views on this. 

The reason I ask is that it appears as if we do in fact have free will - free will perhaps to relinquish free will... 

Look around you - there are people who are flowing naturally with existence and those who are not... 

Does this not suggest that there is free will after all? 

4 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

This puzzles me. If there is really no free will, and the universe is a unified whole, that simply exists and flows naturally, then why does it seem as if one is "out of sync" with existence? 

You seem to be conflating absolute and relative. If the Universe is a unified whole, there is no thing outside of that unified whole. There is no thing to be “out of sync”. It is One thing.

We can of course add in a relative duality and discuss “out of sync” and “in sync”. We could discuss relative definitions, personal experience, nuances, inter-connections between “out” and “in” sync etc. This is all fine and dandy. It’s great stuff. Yet it not the transcendence of the “out of sync” vs “in sync” duality. The unified whole you mention transcends the dualistic out of sync and in sync dualism you mention.

I really liked Leo's explanation of ultimate freedom in his latest video. You can't have ultimate freedom without giving someone the freedom to create limitations. Freedom and limitations are concepts that you just can't pin down. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I really liked Leo's explanation of ultimate freedom in his latest video. You can't have ultimate freedom without giving someone the freedom to create limitations. Freedom and limitations are concepts that you just can't pin down. 

Sorry but even the fact that there are verbs to be used suggests free will. How can one create anything without free will? 

Are you saying that I never chose to meditate/self inquire and reach a state of no-self? There would be no "me" if I didn't x bbc cxdjh and had rjr ccfhjbbjgff. 

You see what I mean? 

You're still trying to pin it down. You do have free will but you don't. Did you choose your parents? Did you choose to be born? You have free will thanks to your limitations. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

You're still trying to pin it down. You do have free will but you don't. Did you choose your parents? Did you choose to be born? You have free will thanks to your limitations. 

Haha... "trying" am I??? 

?

23 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

@Serotoninluv haha... "Transcendence" suggests free will ?

Not to me. It didn’t even occur to me.

@EvilAngel Yep trying.

You seem to be convinced so you're trying to change OTHER people's minds. 

So either you don't believe in free will or you don't believe that you are also other people and their opinions simultaneously. 

Can everyone just agree that free will/determinism cannot be proven one way or the other? 

So leo should not be saying he knows free will does not exist!! When he doesn't know!!! 

@EvilAngel Free will is an idea that offers a sense of control to the mind-body and allows an ego to stay in the game. It also has practical value in terms  of survival and evolution. Upon closer observation,  awareness arises that there is nothing to have this free will. Ime, this is one if the core realizations in terms of awakening/ expansion. Identification and attachment to an idea of feee will is highly contractive. Determinism is yet another idea of the mind. The flip side of the dualism.

And it can most certainly be proven. . . in your direct experience. Sit and look for that “chooser” that has free will. Sit until you find it. . . 

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

@EvilAngel Free will is an idea that offers a sense of control to the mind-body and allows an ego to stay in the game. It also has practical value in terms  of survival and evolution. Upon closer observation,  awareness arises that there is nothing to have this free will. Ime, this is one if the core realizations in terms of awakening/ expansion. Identification and attachment to an idea of feee will is highly contractive. Determinism is yet another idea of the mind. The flip side of the dualism.

Sorry but you're still using verbs... VERBS SUGGEST FREE WILL. So why do you "use" them???? 

@EvilAngel Verbs simply arise. Just like bird chirps arise. There is no chooser. If you want to break through, I would suggest sitting down and be in the lookout for this chooser. Just observe and wait for this chooser to arise. See what you find in your experience. Swimming around in mental la-la land won’t get you any closer yo the realization imo. Sit down and find out for yourself. 

12 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

@Serotoninluv I have no choice, apparently, so it will happen or it won't 

?

Yes, yet I think those are just words. I don’t think you’ve realized and embodied it. 

One thing that helped me was to sit down and observe for the chooser. Is the chooser and neuron. A group of neurotransmitters? Is the chooser a thought? A feeling? Is the chooser a memory? Is the chooser the story of a chooser. I found focused inquiry to be helpfully  

25 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

Sorry but you're still using verbs... VERBS SUGGEST FREE WILL. So why do you "use" them???? 

That's your assumption.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Sorry ?

But it's still not been proven

And it never will

Accept it!!!! 

I wonder what state everyone is in right now. So when you talk about the Absolute ,you're actually in the relative. Relative when in relative. 

But the relative shouldn't be contradictory to the Absolute. The relative is a reflection of the Absolute. 

Whatever that comes out from you in the relative, is a reflections of ur Absolute. 

Or

is it just my lens?

Thoughts are what make free will seem possible. But are you really in control of your thoughts ????