EvilAngel

Leo, why do you say praying is "horseshit"?

60 posts in this topic

@EvilAngel If the praying puts you in a state of listening then the prayer have served its purpose but if it's a way to express your desires of wanting/needing then that's a movement of delusion.

Prayers for wanting to merge with God, or wanting to be universally loving, are not delusional. They can be very powerful.

The worst form of prayer is the materialistic and dualistic kind, where you are begging for a father-figure God to give you materialistic stuff. That makes a mockery of prayer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Funny thing is that you are God praying to yourself for things that you really don't need. Because you are absolutely everything. That way you deny yourself. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

I resonate with what Osho said (I did a review of the book I am referring to). He said that with prayer "no help is coming". I guess he is referring to the type of prayer Leo mentions above. 

I think I'm currently of the mindset that prayer can be helpful, but it is me who is helping me (perhaps by using prayer to reflect on the self), not some far away God or spirit. I believe in God but not that he sends help or directly makes my life easier if I pray to him.  

The irony is that God DOES send help.

Double mindfuck.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The irony is that God DOES send help.

Double mindfuck.

Because you pray to him? Or help is sent outside of prayer? If you don't pray to him he doesn't send help? 

@Bill W Help is sent both inside and outside of prayer. God is bountiful.

The clarity of your connection to God determines your ability to summon help. Most people are very, very disconnected so they get little help. You have to invite God's help, and most devils don't have enough wisdom to do that. They are too busy being devils. A devil will actually refuse God's help.

Devils love to pray. But not listen.

"Cast out a spell rendered for the light of day
Lost in lights array, I ventured to see" - Jon Anderson

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Your connection to God is Love. 

For example you love science and want to discover something. More you Love thing that you do easier for you Will be to discover it. So help is sent from God to God by God. It is really mindblowing to think about this from Absolute perspective. 

@Leo Gura so you’re literally saying that the more genuine and truly fundamentally authentic an intention is when one “prays”, the more powerful it is? Making it more “powerful” is one’s genuine conscious understanding and connection with their own “Godhood”?

5 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

@Leo Gura so you’re literally saying that the more genuine and truly fundamentally authentic an intention is when one “prays”, the more powerful it is? Making it more “powerful” is one’s genuine conscious understanding and connection with their own “Godhood”?

In a way yeah. We all have access to the infinite intelligence. We are using it every day. But you must connect and find yourself (God) before you establish a strong connection to it. Your will is a sliver of God's will. 

Many Christians notices God's work but their conceptual understanding of it can be far off. But perhaps their connection is much stronger than their understanding. This kind of stuff comes before all the bs of the mind.

8 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Of course

22 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Leo Gura

I assume you're speaking from experience. What is your experience with prayer?

A) Correct understanding is not limited to experience. Duduction and intuiton are also possible.

B) I have lots of experience with visualization and intention-setting, which is effectively the highest form of prayer.

You might say I use prayer all the time. But it does not look like traditional Christian prayer.

I basically use LoA to attract God to me. Of course I already know I am God, but what this does is make me more God-like, more pure in my thoughts, feelings, and actions.

So this kind of prayer is a great way to deepen one's embodiment post-awakening. It gives you that "Passion of the Christ."

On 5/4/2019 at 11:22 AM, Leo Gura said:

It depends on what you mean by prayer. There is false and true prayer.

False prayer is praying for God to give you stuff. This is dualistic and delusional. Although even it can work.

True prayer is realizing that you are God and putting your heart into embodying the Truth. This can work wonders.

Most people pray mechanically and dogmatically, not consciously and nondually.

But at least it is better to pray than not to pray. Praying avoids many ordinary life issues. Example prayer can keep you out from negative thinking. 

You have to wonder, if you were fully conscious that you are God, would you pray to yourself at that point? Prayer subtly implies that you think you are beneath God and separate from God.

Yes. If I know I am God I would pray the same as I used to pray before when I didn't realize I am God. Prayer is nothing more than eating food. You don't stop food because you are God. Prayer doesn't implies that you are beneath or inferior to God, because praying isn't inferiority complex or insecurity, prayer is spiritual activitiy, Praying equals to brushing your teeth, if you don't pray your temple of yourself stink. 

My experience of praying is whenever I do it, life becomes perfect. when I don't do it, I become toxic. 

Encourage people to pray, like going to gym. 

Edited by sethman
missing word

On 5/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, Leo Gura said:

Prayers for wanting to merge with God, or wanting to be universally loving, are not delusional. They can be very powerful.

Enlightenment and moksha isn't possible for all humans and creatures, because not everybody will get enlightened and merge with God, prayer takes time to be in effect. 

The worst form of prayer is the materialistic and dualistic kind, where you are begging for a father-figure God to give you materialistic stuff. That makes a mockery of prayer.

I don't see no problem with asking God for any stuff you want because life itself is spritual. Everything is spritual, if you use with God sprit. You have to appreciate prayer because no one be good at something at first, like working in gym. The father figure is simply a representation of your divine self. As you are represent by digital identity self as avatar. Your profile here on actualized.org isn't leo, but your representation of you. The same is true with God, father-figure. 

Edited by sethman
missing word

On 5/11/2019 at 11:40 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Bill W Help is sent both inside and outside of prayer. God is bountiful.

Prayer isn't only for the soul but for the mind too. When  you pray your thinking patterns will get Wright, from that you can go on life.

An example of prayer would be 

God show me the way of the righteousness and lead me in truth, and avoid all evils from me and protect me. This is powerful mental changing software program. 

The clarity of your connection to God determines your ability to summon help. Most people are very, very disconnected so they get little help. You have to invite God's help, and most devils don't have enough wisdom to do that. They are too busy being devils. A devil will actually refuse God's help.

Most people don't pray regularly because of that they are wrenched from God divinity. Prayer is same as meditation, contemplation, affirmations, etc You can't avoid meditation because you aren't good at. 

Devils love to pray. But not listen.

By calling them devils you showed you don't pray. Pray to your enemy. Calling people devil is sin, prayer will make people humble with words. 

You are not answering the questions you are giving technical jargon. 

Leo, why do you say praying is "horseshit"?

@EvilAngel 

Edited by sethman
missing word

On 5/11/2019 at 8:59 PM, Leo Gura said:

Of course I already know I am God. 

How do you know you are God? Isn't the word also is a father - figure pointer to something? everybody disturbs when you say I am God but if you say I am leo everybody is fine. Isn't God a brand name, as you can't label your product coca-cola or Samsung or something else? 

If you don't say you are God what would be you say yourself? Other name?

Bhakti yoga is very big on prayer. From my own experience I can say it's very powerful when it comes from the heart with strong faith.

On 04/05/2019 at 9:22 AM, Leo Gura said:

You have to wonder, if you were fully conscious that you are God, would you pray to yourself at that point? Prayer subtly implies that you think you are beneath God and separate from God.

Yes, I'm God and still just a human and a part of a bigger whole, hence I must be humble. I pray for being fully acceptant to every moment of my life and ask to align me with the Truth. 

Gratitude and Prayer are two practices that fills me with Love and Joy ! while meditation helps me to be more mindful have some insights

softly into the Abyss...