EvilAngel

Leo, why do you say praying is "horseshit"?

60 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

When we meditate, we don't care if God is one or million, it's a practice in itself, a path to God, no matter what the signs may say.

I can see that it means a lot to you. I will acknowledge that it could be a valid path to God, but in the end all dualistic separations must collapse. Who are you praying to but yourself? 

I'm happy that it works for you, and please don't misunderstand me, Im not here to judge you or your practice... It's just not my path. I couldn't resonate with it, that's all. It's not authentic to me and my views. :) That's why there are many paths and practices. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

On 5/4/2019 at 1:22 AM, Leo Gura said:

There is false and true prayer.

The clearest assessment of your statement comes from your own words

On 5/4/2019 at 1:22 AM, Leo Gura said:

This is dualistic and delusional

Well said.

Edited by SOUL

2 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

I can see that it means a lot to you. I will acknowledge that it could be a valid path to God, but in the end all dualistic separations must collapse. Who are you praying to but yourself? 

I'm happy that it works for you, and please don't misunderstand me, Im not here to judge you or your practice... It's just not my path. I couldn't resonate with it, that's all. It's not authentic to me and my views. :) That's why there are many paths and practices. 

I meant we as me and you and everyone who practices meditation though. I don't equate prayer with meditation.

I stopped praying six months ago, meditation is quite much easier.

I think I'll get back to praying once I gather enough concentration skills.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences ❤️ ?

Edited by Truth Addict

The weird moment when the only thing you could ask of God, is to realize you're it,
But you're too afraid to do it.

h0CD35897.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Do you think there is any benefit to praying for help in times of need? I find myself doing this when I'm really struggling. I'm not religious but I always felt that I was going to be taken care of in these moments of intense plea in my prayers 

On 04/05/2019 at 5:50 PM, Truth Addict said:

@TheAvatarStateIt can teach you discipline, humility, submission and surrendering to the higher self.

Exactly, it's the most humbling thing you can do. 

But if God is "you", and you are only speaking to yourself, how do you explain prayers that are answered with results happening outside of your individual control? 

I suppose Leo would say there is no outside world. That's something I'm still not convinced of. 

True prayer is to never ask anything of God but to surrender yourself to Him and His Love constantly. God is ever-present, His Love is ever-present to those who are willing and capable to embrace it and surrender to it. 

When you pray and ask God for something realize that it's just God asking Himself. You think you are separate from God, but not in Actuality. Only in imagination, only in the ego-mind.

2 hours ago, EvilAngel said:

Exactly, it's the most humbling thing you can do. 

But if God is "you", and you are only speaking to yourself, how do you explain prayers that are answered with results happening outside of your individual control? 

I suppose Leo would say there is no outside world. That's something I'm still not convinced of. 

I think cameras prove the existence of an outside world. They aren't even alive and yet they can still see. That would suggest to me that there might be an outside world but the outside world is fundamentally consciousness based. That fits in with atoms and molecules being less and less like matter the more scientists deconstruct them.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

praying is fine

it is a form of surrender

doesn't matter how you do it (although at the same time it kind of does)

Just let go and get in touch with the spirit higher. it can elevate you and take you higher and higher. things will change as the need be. 

@EvilAngel what if the prayers are not answered ? 

You pray and something happens according your wish you are satisfied that was due to result of your wishful thinking or prayer.And you assume it was due to prayer and keep holding that belief.

If prayer alone could solve all the problems in the world every body would be just praying.

Why not Pray that you want billion dollars.want to become US president ? Perhaps not because you know that will never happen.

Ok pray for so called selfisless prayer world peace no murder no rape no terrorism no war no famine and well being of all life.

That too will not happen.Because if that the case it never would have happened first.

Prayer is just wishful thinking.

Edited by Jkris
Space

When traditional prayer works it's due to law of attraction and intention. Your intentions DO affect reality. Intention is very powrful when it is practiced consistently and consciously.

Whatever you intend with emotion and conviction will tend to become true. Because your will is a splinter off God's Will. You literally have the power of God within you. The more conscious you become the more of it you will be able to tap and manifest.

It's not a miracle. It's because you are God, and reality is a giant Mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

When traditional prayer works it's due to law of attraction and intention. Your intentions DO affect reality. Intention is very powrful when it is practiced consistently and consciously.

Whatever you intent with emotion and conviction will tend to become true. Because your will is a splinter off God's Will. You literally have the power of God within you. The more conscious you become the more of it you will be able to tap and manifest.

♥️ If you feel it’s necessary, pray for friends and loved ones, it may not help but it sure doesn’t hurt 

Prayer is a powerful psychological tool in harnessing intentional and emotional energy for personal work but if one will believe in what some suggest is possible in effecting the manifest to the degree asserted then that can be another source of self suffering.

Everything in the cosmos is made up of nothing but energy.  Energy is simply a term for describing an ability to do things and it’s commonly measured in the form of frequency.  Frequency is the rate at which something occurs over a particular period of time.  For a person who believes in the existence of God as creator and ruler of the world or universe, every existence in the cosmos would rise and fall within the kingdom of God.  This means all beings or things are the essential constituents of God and therefore, as humans, we can also be known as namesake gods.  God is a subject of reverence for most of the faiths found in this world and is placed at a higher level of existence than the human realm.  

But still, god would only exist within the realm of energy.  This means the distinguishing factor between god and humans is merely their variable vibrational frequencies.  God would arise in the realm of high frequency with short wavelength, whereas humans would arise in the realm of lower frequency with longer wavelength than god.  Generally, beings of higher vibrational frequencies from another plane of existence would have the ability to encroach upon the human innate mind consciousness that is basically lower vibrational frequencies.  A gateway or so-called a wormhole is deemed necessary to initiate the spirit communication and it is embedded within the human innate mind consciousness per se. 

A wormhole is literally a cross path for different planes of existence.  There is a possibility for beings to perform a time travel from one plane of existence to another via a wormhole.  The described wormhole here is basically referring to a ‘tweak’ of frequencies by beings with higher vibrational frequencies to discern the beings in lower vibrational frequencies.  The general prescription is that any realms of higher vibrational frequency would be able to discern the realms of lower vibrational frequency.  However, the realms of lower vibrational frequency would not be able to discern any realms of higher vibrational frequency.  

In other words, the object or matter must keep on within the purview of the subject’s frequency horizon; without it, the observation would be impossible.  It is akin to any beings of higher vibrational frequencies having an aerial perspective on the affairs of beings with lower vibrational frequencies rather than the other way around.  Therefore, beings of grander vibrational frequency span are able to discern at-will basis on all other beings with common vibrational frequency span via a tweak of frequencies.  In fact, one of the instances on time travel that occurred many times in the human plane of existence is the trance mediumship or channeling. 

Once again, the difference between god and humans merely lies in their variable vibrational frequencies, just like energy and matter are merely two aspects of the same thing.

Make sure to have big picture thinking and don't obsess over little details 

Two completely different categories of Prayer--

Petitionary Prayer 

Contemplative Prayer

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

On 07/05/2019 at 5:05 AM, Leo Gura said:

Whatever you intend with emotion and conviction will tend to become true. Because your will is a splinter off God's Will. You literally have the power of God within you. The more conscious you become the more of it you will be able to tap and manifest.

Thankyou, but how is reality a giant Mind? Are you saying there is no separate minds, just one giant one? 

@Naturalist Careful, you are making a subtle duality between man/God, and God/world. There is a deeper consciousness which reveals that God is man and God is world. God is not limited in any way. Anything that is, God is.

44 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

Thankyou, but how is reality a giant Mind? Are you saying there is no separate minds, just one giant one? 

Seperation is illusion.

Look at your hand. There are 5 fingers, but all the fingers are part of one hand. You are like one of those fingers which isn't realizing that it's also the entire hand. There is no boundary between a finger and a hand. Finger and hand ONE thing!

Now apply this logic to the whole universe.

The one giant Mind has an infinite number of virtual partitions, of which your ego-mind is one.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head.  If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart." 

Nelson Mandela 

This is a great topic. I'm trying to work out where I stand on prayer. I've been dipping in and out of it. I'm still working on this issue.

In terms of some of the replies I think it's a touch sad that people who have different beliefs or practice their spirituality differently are labelled as delusional, almost as a diagnosis from someone who is possibly not qualified to give that diagnosis.

I know we don't have to take delusional as an insult but still... If having a belief that is not backed up scientifically is delusional then so be it.