EvilAngel

Leo, why do you say praying is "horseshit"?

60 posts in this topic

You say this in at least one of your videos. I'm just interested to know why, because I for one have had some very powerful experiences during and following on from prayers. 

I have had prayers answered many times, and when they are answered it fills me with a joy that I can't compare to anything else. 

Can you explain what the Holy Spirit is if it is not in fact the workings of a deity? 

6 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

You say this in at least one of your videos. I'm just interested to know why, because I for one have had some very powerful experiences during and following on from prayers. 

I have had prayers answered many times, and when they are answered it fills me with a joy that I can't compare to anything else. 

Can you explain what the Holy Spirit is if it is not in fact the workings of a deity? 

I hope Leo answer this haha i know this is coming from blue stage and this stage is my country and my family is in is definely like this!! Hahaha 

I don't watch Leo's videos but i would like to share my own opinion on this. The reason praying may not work as effectively as say meditation or chanting is because you are wishing/hoping and showing the universe of something you "want" thus "do not have".

This only creates more ripples within existence of the vibration you are putting out in which is vibrating an energy that "you don't have something and wish you did" which only pushes you further from what you want/don't have as it becomes a stronger current, manifests and solidifies.

The true form of prayer(before religions deluded everything) is "chanting"/Mantras ect... where you chant that you already have and are grateful for that in which you wish for, what this does it sends ripples that you already have/are that which you seek thus the more you do it the stronger the ripple effect come back to bring y6ou more of what you already have within your reality.

Religions confuse everything and manipulate/distort truth heavily so far they have forgotten the natural ways.

Praying is talking to god, Meditation is listening to god.

The problem with most religions today is they focus far too much on praying and not enough on meditation and listening, being in stillness, silence, darkness, chanting. These are where you truly find light not with prayers or hope.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto  leo is not a devotee so I am.For me praying is begging.For a devotee that is not the case.

So if you are happy with praying brings you joy confidence do it whole heartedly.For me it is an illusion.For you that is real.

Follow your heart. @EvilAngel

Edited by Jkris
Meant for evilangel

@Jkris Indeed, everyone has their own way. I simply present how the universe works on a fundamental level to aid those who wish to understand and manifest more directly rather than using permission slips/belief systems to aid their creations. You can use/apply as you wish. Whatever works for you works for you :)

B R E A T H E

@EvilAngel

Prayer is very powerful if you believe in it.

You can do and become whatever you want through prayer.

Although without believing, there's no prayer at all.

Direct experience is horseshit and no better than a belief.

It depends on what you mean by prayer. There is false and true prayer.

False prayer is praying for God to give you stuff. This is dualistic and delusional. Although even it can work.

True prayer is realizing that you are God and putting your heart into embodying the Truth. This can work wonders.

Most people pray mechanically and dogmatically, not consciously and nondually.

You have to wonder, if you were fully conscious that you are God, would you pray to yourself at that point? Prayer subtly implies that you think you are beneath God and separate from God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

False prayer is praying for God to give you stuff. This is dualistic and delusional. Although even it can work.

True prayer is realizing that you are God and putting your heart into embodying the Truth. This can work wonders.

You have to wonder, if you were fully conscious that you are God, would you pray to yourself at that point? Prayer subtly implies that you think you are beneath God and separate from God.

Yeah so 99.99% of people are probably false prayers. But the biggest concern should be ourselves I guess

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Same goes with meditation and other spiritual practices.

But still you don't call them horseshit.

Most people who spend their entire lives devoted to meditation get nowhere. So, by the same logic, meditation is horseshit.

I'm not saying that any of the spiritual practices are useless, in fact, I've had a lot of great results from them.

It's just that I think you are a little bit biased somehow.

Edited by Truth Addict

20 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Same goes with meditation and other spiritual practices.

That's simplistic, they aren't the same. Even if you do meditation "wrong" you're still doing something that has amazing life benefits outside of spirituality. Better focus, better understanding and control of emotions, better understanding of thoughts, etc. Same as "western yoga," Leo can say it's bullshit, which is true a spiritual perspective, but the fact is that it has many health and mind benefits even when done "unconsciously." 

Prayer is different. Not only are you not training your mind or body, but you are subtly enforcing a dualistic relationship to God. And when you ask for things in this manner, not only are you not accepting the world, but you are perpetuating a scarcity mindset and not taking 100% responsibility. EVEN SO, as Leo pointed out, it can still work to an extent. That's how powerful faith and visualization can be, even a distorted sliver of a practice can garner some results. There's a reason why fundamentalist religions have clinged to this type of prayer for centuries. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

There, Leo now said the truth.. i don't mean that he is the one or any dogmatic expression but.. he is the right person that is conscious enough to answer your question to the truth you deserve.. :D

Edited by John Iverson

@EvilAngel True prayer is an exercise in intention. Dependant on your strength of concentration. It's about harnessing and directing your emotions. My most powerful experiences have been in prayer too. Corny as sh!t, but think of it like this: 

You are the Holy Spirit dude.

Edited by Vinnie

@TheAvatarState

I believe most of us assumed the same things about meditation at first.

From the scientific paradigm, it doesn't make any sense.

So unless you've tried it and experienced with it, you are still in no place of making judgements about it.

What is your experience with prayer? How many years have you been practising it?

Prayer is very powerful, it's even harder than meditation, it requires a lot of mindfulness and concentration, and a lot of patience, and it creates a connection with the higher self.

But also, it's still of value even if you are doing it mechanically and unconsciously. It can teach you discipline, humility, submission and surrendering to the higher self.

And I'm speaking from experience (with Muslim prayer).

In Arabic, the word prayer means "salat" which means connection.

Edited by Truth Addict

Prayer that is meditation with a little law of attraction and intention mixed in is incredibly powerful. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Prayer is simply being YOURSELF KNOWINGLY. That’s it dude?

@Truth Addict sorry, I was referring to prayer as it is practiced by Christians here in the west, which is much more loose, easy, obedient, dogmatic, etc. If what you're saying about your prayer practice is true, then it has absolutely no resemblance to prayer in the West. What I said about dualistic separation from God and scarcity mindset still stands though. I have never practiced prayer of any kind. 

Edited by TheAvatarState
No prayer

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

27 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Truth Addict sorry, I was referring to prayer as it is practiced by Christians here in the west, which is much more loose, easy, obedient, dogmatic, etc. If what you're saying about your prayer practice is true, then it has absolutely no resemblance to prayer in the West. What I said about dualistic separation from God and scarcity mindset still stands though. I have never practiced prayer of any kind. 

The Muslim prayer is dualistic as well, the kind of beliefs don't matter here I guess, because we must admit that we don't know anything at first.

Still, I would't be making any kind of judgements until I try, that's what open-mindedness means.

When we meditate, we don't care if God is one or million, it's a practice in itself, a path to God, no matter what the signs may say.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict I'm a muslim. But it works. How would I know why~

Prayer: when you speak to God in your heart..

Edited by Angelite