Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Liger

Is ignorance truly bliss?

25 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Is this work designed for skeptics?

no experience designs skeptics.

@Liger it’s funny as i grew up in an atheist family, so i did the opposite, i became a believer. but the belief i found was not what someone told me it was what remained after removing what is not true. so i suppose if you can’t be happy because of ignorance it is better to be unhappy without because you at least try to find bliss in truth. i guess the agnostic approach will distance you from dogmatism but there are still things you believe in don’t you? like love or other humans. you can prove to yourself.

Edited by now is forever

@Nahm ❤️

Veils from experience.

Although, sometimes belief can make one so present that they stop thinking.

Example: everything is perfect and going as planned.

If I believe that statement, it can stop the thoughts temporarily.

If I believe it strongly enough, it can even stop the thoughts almost entirely.

Being present makes everything else bs, should the questions go away.

?

Edited by Truth Addict

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Truth Addict That’s not a belief. ?

@Nahm

It's a belief, but there's no difference between belief and reality.

I can also believe that everything is not perfect and it will become reality.

?

Liger, I can relate to your perceptions/feelings when it pertains to ignorance = bliss/happiness and Truth may = Aloneness.  I have been on the path of Truth now for several years, and the more aware and conscious I become, the more alone I feel. Last fall I did a two-week Ayahuasca retreat and during the last Aya ceremony my world got shattered when I experienced and embodied God consciousness. I realized that everything was an illusion. My wife, family, friends, plants, pets, religion, politics, and this world is nothing but an illusion. There is only One “Consciousness”, and I am that consciousness.  It was pure Love, and at the same time pure Aloneness. I struggled for months after receiving that awareness, and I still do, to some extent. The piece that is helping me through all this is that I am also Love/Consciousness, which means I need to keep reminding myself that I am Love every day and every moment. When I now see my wife, family, pets, strangers, etc. I get awareness's that they are me, and I am them. And when I do, I no long feel alone anymore and feel some bliss/happiness.