John Iverson

what is the comparison doing 10 minutes meditation VS 20-30 minutes VS 1hr

23 posts in this topic

Is it important to have a qouta of atleast 20 minutes? Because for 1 year my mind cannot understand this so i always do 10 minutes a day.. can you educate me here

what can 10 minutes to 20-30 to 1HR can bring to us? I want to understand for me to push myself do the right thing.. 

Edited by John Iverson

If you do 20 minutes a day instead of 10, you will have meditated of an extra 10 minutes! Simple as that. For me personally, I like 2 back to back 30 minute sessions. I find 10 mins too short, 20 mins is probably "enough" for me, but 30 mins is just right. I don't meditate every day.

Sorry, I don't think there's a specific answer that you might be looking for. You really just have to experiment and find out for yourself!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

There is no comparison. All depends on you.

One may need 5 minutes another may need 50 to get to the same or similar states, you have to find out what works best for you.

You know your meditation was effective when you feel like a calm superman afterwards.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

On 5/4/2019 at 4:25 PM, pluto said:

There is no comparison. All depends on you.

One may need 5 minutes another may need 50 to get to the same or similar states, you have to find out what works best for you.

You know your meditation was effective when you feel like a calm superman afterwards.

Ohh okay okaaay

I would say try for a longer period and discover for yourself the difference. I personally notice a difference between 10 and 20 minutes. 

So what i have learned. 

I have been meditating for over 3yrs now and at from start itself i could easily meditate 20 min without any probs. Then i increased it and found out i could meditate 1hr with leg numb and pain. But problem i faced is if i meditate for 1hr then next day my  meditation would suck  and  will go to 5-15 min. Then i will be back to 20 min. So why is that?  Why was i not able to meditate 1hr regularly. Because my mind didnt want to and  basically i had low self image. Then as a part of building my self image and bringing in a attitude of I can i switched to 1hr meditation daily no matter what and i am sucessfull at it. Now i am meditating for 1hr. 

See another thing i note is eventhough i meditate for 1hr my concentration level is same as  my old 40 min meditation.  After 40 mind gets bored, but no matter what i keep on going.  

And saying i meditate 1hr straight is more cool than 10 min ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Matrix has no use for awareness or love, it’s identity is repetition of finite thought patterns. 

Do an hour every morning, at least. Let all the thought patterns go, let identification with them go. 

Find out who’s behind it, who the architect is. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The difference I feel between 10 minutes and 60 is massive. And so are the mindfulness gains, so to speak ?

9 hours ago, Maya_0 said:

I would say try for a longer period and discover for yourself the difference. I personally notice a difference between 10 and 20 minutes. 

What difference did you notice between 10 and 20 minutes? I'm curious

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

Matrix has no use for awareness or love, it’s identity is repetition of finite thought patterns. 

Do an hour every morning, at least. Let all the thought patterns go, let identification with them go. 

Find out who’s behind it, who the architect is. 

So you are saying is 10 minutes is not enough?

13 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

So what i have learned. 

I have been meditating for over 3yrs now and at from start itself i could easily meditate 20 min without any probs. Then i increased it and found out i could meditate 1hr with leg numb and pain. But problem i faced is if i meditate for 1hr then next day my  meditation would suck  and  will go to 5-15 min. Then i will be back to 20 min. So why is that?  Why was i not able to meditate 1hr regularly. Because my mind didnt want to and  basically i had low self image. Then as a part of building my self image and bringing in a attitude of I can i switched to 1hr meditation daily no matter what and i am sucessfull at it. Now i am meditating for 1hr. 

See another thing i note is eventhough i meditate for 1hr my concentration level is same as  my old 40 min meditation.  After 40 mind gets bored, but no matter what i keep on going.  

And saying i meditate 1hr straight is more cool than 10 min ?

Oh! Thankyou for this.. i really appriciate coming up with this reply ☺️

I think the time you sit can have varying impacts. It's dependent and connected to a lot of other things. We spend a ton of time with our eyes open going around about our days so I think this time is when the rubber meets the road and we have to be aware of how we feel and the choices we are making. 

You should really meditate 2 hrs everyday minimum.

People say that less is enough, but they are only doing that to bait you in.

2 hours daily is really not that much. People manage to do 4 hours a day and go to work. You can cut 1 hour of sleep in lieu of meditation.

You can start with 10 minutes, but progress to 2 hours in 6 months or faster if you can.

And don't just "meditate". Find a concrete technique like mantra meditation, transcendental meditation, kriya yoga, self-inquiry or vipassana.

What is your goal with this practice? The time investment depends also on what you want to get out of it. 

6 hours ago, Mart said:

What is your goal with this practice? The time investment depends also on what you want to get out of it. 

My goal is to be conscious

Just do longer and see. For me in most cases just the feeling of peace within is so much deeper after 1 hour. 

It really depends on the state of the mind on a particular day but most often I need around 30 minutes to really calm down the monkey mind. Achieving this is good and beneficial enough in itself but it's only from that point onwards that I feel like I'm really quiet enough to go deeper and enjoy being and the rest of the session.  After a meditation like that, as compared to 10 or 20 minutes, I feel like I have a double shield of peace for the upcoming day :)

Just do 30-60 times for two or three times and see the huge difference in the depth of peace within. Then the benefits should be clear. 

Good luck! 

If you can, meditate upon God in all moments. Formal sits really help with this, especially in the mornings when it's easiest to remain in silence. But the meditation must come from the right place, knowing with all of your being that you are perfect, whole and complete. You Are Love. You Are Light. All is God. In fact, this is the most important part of meditation. If you don't start knowing you are perfect, then you are not meditating, even if you stay in awareness from the rest of your life, you are just anchoring a feeling of being flawed.

Most aren't ready for meditation because they still believe they are flawed, so start with affirmations, they transform the minds understanding so true meditation can take place. I am perfect, I am complete, I am the light of God, I am the entirety of existence, All is one, All is God, All is Love, I am perfect, Everything is me, Everything is inside of me. Really feel that you are perfect, and you will feel all of these resistant energies in you to this statement; keep trusting in yourself as perfection. That is what you are. Somehow and someway you will realise this, we all will. 

Remember 5 minutes of proper meditation is entire universes better than weeks of sitting in a jungle, remaining as awareness, but without knowing you are perfect. You must remain as awareness AND believe with all your heart that you are perfect already. 

You are not becoming perfect through meditation, meditation is the realisation that you already are perfect! So get to that wholesome feeling, and know that you Are the Light right now, You Are complete.

Best of wishes on your journey.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

17 hours ago, John Iverson said:

My goal is to be conscious

Then you should do it as much as you can. There is a reason people go and meditate 10 hours a day on a retreat to get more conscious, it takes time to really go deep for most. Personally, a 30 minute session is the minimum, then i really have some time to get into it, which usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes. 50 minutes works best for me, especially when done multiple times a day. Something that also helped me is to do shortes sessions throughout the day if possible and do one big main session. But the defference between 10 minutes and nothing is probably bigger than the difference between 10 and 30 and so on.