sausagehead

What if you can't heal?

41 posts in this topic

I'm starting to feel like emotional healing is impossible. I've tried everything and the damage just seems to be too deep. My emotions seem to be stuck in some damaged state and I don't know if there is anything else I can do. I've tried psychedelics, Reiki, breathwork, yoga, mediation, feeling my emotions for like 4-6 hours a day while I'm working on my computer and I'm still all messed up. I feel like my only two options are to keep doing what I'm doing and pray that the damage clears up, or start taking a low dose of medication like Zoloft (while still doing my healing practices which will hopefully allow me to eventually get off meds.). Has anyone here healed severe emotional trauma that seemed hopeless for the first few months? I can't believe how hard it is to heal or that I'm so damaged in the first place, what a frickin nightmare.. 

@sausagehead Your name here is Sausagehead. Your chosen avatar is a penis faced camel smoking. Perhaps you are not scrutinizing yourself closely enough yet.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@sausagehead What if you can heal?

I have healed some old deep trauma from my childhood using holotropic breathwork & shrooms. There are many techniques available and YES it is very diffucult but still worth it.

But what's the alternative? Noone can guarantee you that you will heal. 

First of all, the emotional pain you experience is not unique. When we're suffering, we think that our suffering is incurable, incomprehensible, and in some way different from the suffering of others.

This is not to invalidade your suffering, but keep in mind that others are also going through something. In this very moment, there are millions of people who are going through much worse mental states than you can even possibly imagine. 

Second of all, why do you try to heal yourself with such unorthodox methods (such as Reiki, "feeling emotions for 4 hours a day" [O.o], psychedelics, etc.)? Why not try first the traditional ways? And why are you resistant to taking medication? It tooks us millions of years to reach this point in history where Medicine is becoming advanced. Why not take advantage of it? 

Third of all, seeking healing too obsessively is itself a form of pain. I've been there. I'd end up focusing most of my thoughts and energy into my traumas. I would put myself under a microscope and try to reach my perfect and 100% healed self. Not only is this impossible, but trying to do so is highly counter-productive. Sometimes we have to let ourselves go and do things that take our mind off of the emotional suffering. For example, going out with friends and having fun, watching a good movie, swimming, etc. 

I recommend stopping all of your healing practices (which not only seems to be not working, but seem to be doing you harm). And also, please, seek a good professional -- either a psychiatrist or psychologist, and avoid alternative methods. You will not get out of this quagmire of pain by yourself. 

Best of luck! 

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

@sausagehead it is a nightmare. I have been through this healing quite a number of times, unfortunately.   The first thing I'd do if I were you would be to see a doctor and find out exactly what your dealing with. That gives you a compass to give you direction.  A referral to a psychologist or therapist, someone qualified to bounce your observations and healing attempts off.  At the moment you appear to be throwing everything you can find at it which increases your expectations than then bottom out when nothing happens.

thats my advice, initially find out what it is and put a solid plan together.

The only true way to heal is fasting because in fasting you are allowing the body and the universe at large to calm down to its natural state and when you are no longer feeding the 5 senses, everything eventually turns inwards.

A simple experiment you can do is for the next 3-4 or more days(if you feel comfortable) days don't do anything, don't use technology, don't interact with people, don't listen to music, don't eat food or take any form of liquids/medication/substance (besides water) literally starve out any impulses you have that your ego will try to use as a tool of escape and eventually all you have left is self.

While doing this you can do simple things like walks in nature, practicing mindfulness, meditation, yoga and light stretching of form of exercise that doesn't exhaust you but rather liven you up, sun gazing/bathing, grounding/earthing and maybe read a book on fasting or spiritual detox or something good for your heart and soul like Tao Te Ching or Whatever Arises, Love that by Matt Kahn or The Power of Now.

After a week, you will be a completely new person. You will still be you, just more you, the you that you were before the world got its hands on you and shaped you with programs and ideologies you bought into. These types of activities and experiments allow the mind/body/spirit to once again fall into harmony and return inward to the natural state, the natural self.

I have healed and helped heal so many using similar methods and advice. Originally the ideas came from texts written over 15+ thousand years ago that i had tapped into. They are ever changing but the basics remain the same. Fasting is Healing.

Practice makes perfect :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Thanks guys I liked the different viewpoints. I noticed that emotional stuff seems to come up when I fast for 18+ hours so I thought it might be healing, I’ll have to try a longer fast in the future as an experiment. I agree with one of the points above to not get too obsessed with the process, this is an easy trap to fall into because your emotional brakes want to pull you back in and tell you you’re not ready to move forward but this slows things down. Direct healing needs to be balanced with indirect healing which comes from acting as if you’re already healed. I’m starting to understand the importance of this balance and of all balance in life really...

3 hours ago, pluto said:

The only true way to heal is fasting because in fasting you are allowing the body and the universe at large to calm down to its natural state and when you are no longer feeding the 5 senses, everything eventually turns inwards.

A simple experiment you can do is for the next 3-4 or more days(if you feel comfortable) days don't do anything, don't use technology, don't interact with people, don't listen to music, don't eat food or take any form of liquids/medication/substance (besides water) literally starve out any impulses you have that your ego will try to use as a tool of escape and eventually all you have left is self.

While doing this you can do simple things like walks in nature, practicing mindfulness, meditation, yoga and light stretching of form of exercise that doesn't exhaust you but rather liven you up, sun gazing/bathing, grounding/earthing and maybe read a book on fasting or spiritual detox or something good for your heart and soul like Tao Te Ching or Whatever Arises, Love that by Matt Kahn or The Power of Now.

After a week, you will be a completely new person. You will still be you, just more you, the you that you were before the world got its hands on you and shaped you with programs and ideologies you bought into. These types of activities and experiments allow the mind/body/spirit to once again fall into harmony and return inward to the natural state, the natural self.

I have healed and helped heal so many using similar methods and advice. Originally the ideas came from texts written over 15+ thousand years ago that i had tapped into. They are ever changing but the basics remain the same. Fasting is Healing.

Practice makes perfect :)

This is a very dangerous and irresponsible advice!!! You say as if fasting is a panacea. I assume it may be helpful for a small number of people, but in anyway, you're setting a highly unrealistic expectation for this technique. ヽ(ಠ_ಠ)ノ

9 hours ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

it is a nightmare. I have been through this healing quite a number of times, unfortunately.   The first thing I'd do if I were you would be to see a doctor and find out exactly what your dealing with. That gives you a compass to give you direction.  A referral to a psychologist or therapist, someone qualified to bounce your observations and healing attempts off.  At the moment you appear to be throwing everything you can find at it which increases your expectations than then bottom out when nothing happens.

thats my advice, initially find out what it is and put a solid plan together.

????

@Gabriel Antonio Not at all, that's just how you perceive it due to your limiting belief systems/subconscious programming. Fasting is a panacea, when done correctly it will cure all disease and sickness and these are not new age methods, these methods have been passed down for thousands of years but distorted from the mainstream because they actually work in which does not favor those who wish to profit over your lives. We have healed thousands from far worse conditions with similar techniques. You are in presence of masters. We don't waste energy.

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, pluto said:

Fasting is a panacea, when done correctly it will cure all disease and sickness and these are not new age methods

Questions:

1- How to fast correctly? I’m curious...

2- Do you have any evidence that fasting cures “all disease”? 

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

— Carl Sagan

14 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Questions:

1- How to fast correctly? I’m curious...

2- Do you have any evidence that fasting cures “all disease”? 

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

— Carl Sagan

I will suggest two books that will thoroughly answer your questions. I have already posted good guides on the forums but it would take a while to find them, most probably in health section. "One mans Extraordinary is another mans Ordinary" - Pluto

The two books i suggest that have excellent fasting advice and modernized ancient healing methods are:

The Joy of Perfect Healthy by Tom Chalko and The Water of Life by John W. Armstrong

B R E A T H E

@Gabriel Antonio

On 4/5/2019 at 1:48 PM, Gabriel Antonio said:

I recommend stopping all of your healing practices (which not only seems to be not working, but seem to be doing you harm).

This is a terrible advice.

So you are telling him to stop meditating & choose to take drugs. Well if he needs to take medications for the rest of his life from the pharmaceutical cartel  then Yes but that should be his last option. 

I agree that he should see a psychologist though. That MIGHT help him!

Edited by SQAAD

Great topic. Lots of varied advice. I'll echo some of the others. What I've learned the hard way in my recovery journey is...

1. I am too limited to do it on my own. I had to humble myself and connect with others who have similar problems and have recovered or are making some progress at least. This has meant being careful with who I connect with though. It's no good me being around people with too much of a victim mentality (not linking that to you). I have needed to be around people who are suffering but are taking responsibility for their suffering.

2. I have eliminated all mind altering drugs that are not prescribed by my doctor. I have eliminated all alcohol completely.

3. As others have said above. I have realised I am not the exception to the rule. No one is exempt from recovery and making some degree of progress with their mental state. No one. We all think at first we are sicker and more damaged than all these other sick people who seem to be making progress. 

4. I have accepted that all my fruitful attempts at therapy (in one guise or another) are a lifelong process if I want to feel better within myself. There is no quick fix for me. There is no 3 month programme or 12 month programme. The programme is forever. 

5. My peace of mind is directly linked to how well I can transcend my ego and animal instincts each day. 

@sausagehead I'm no expert and can only give my limited perspective of how my own healing is working out. But I do think consistency and dedication is the top priority. Yoga and meditation I don't think were developed to facilitate an overnight fix. Our personalities have been developing for a long time  so it's going to take a long time to get a grip on the issues.

Most of my time has been learning to develop new coping stratigies (which I feel is part and parcel of healing / maturing) so that I can cope better with life and stop injuring myself deeper as I work through the process.

Social skills/ social awareness is very important as is a sense of grounding and security in life. 

My three main tools are yoga, meditation and shadow work. I'm surprised at how quickly shadow work can resolve a pattern, but it's slow because another layer of unconscious behaviour and belief comes up which is attached to the emotion, just when I felt I have knocked one belief out I find another emerges that still needs to be dealt with before a pattern can be released completely.

How do you feel about seeing a coach for a while in order to get used to working on yourself? It may save a lot of time.

Edited by Lister

For those interested in exploring emotional healing/shadow work, the below thread may be helpful.

@Martin123 ♥️ ? 

@sausagehead Hey somebody mentioned my name, I Have to say something really funny, a belief I Was buffing out of my nervous system recently was that "this will never be healed".
When you feel like you can't ever heal that is actually the evidence of this healing taking place. Isn't that a dope realization.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

On 5/4/2019 at 7:57 AM, pluto said:

The only true way to heal is fasting

You had better inform Martin that his techniques are bullshit then if the only and true way to heal is through fasting.

I'm very wary when I come across a person who believes they have the absolute truth that cannot be measured by scientific measures. At least with scientific consensus we are not deluded by one person's imagination, but have a holistic perspective as per the tenets of a tried and tested system.

Yes fasting is becoming more popular to put cancer into remission, but I would find a qualified supervisor who can monitor me.

Alan Goldhammer has a clinic called true north, however I haven't read any reports of psychological healing taking place. So I'm skepical until I see some peer reviewed evidence of any psychological healing happening under these controlled and monitored conditions.

@Lister Apologies for the misunderstanding. When i say fasting mean it as a complete kit, not just fasting from physical nourishment. The type of healing work i provide dates back thousands of years and is rare to come by via text although it is mentioned in the emerald tablets to some extent, there is a lot more to it on an energetic level that you can tap into but without step one of fasting on a physical level, its extremely challenging to clear/reset blockages on an energetic level. When you go through this process, you usually become extremely clean thus far more conductive to receiving higher energies/downloads where from there it should be natural for you to work on deeper levels in which is why i also suggesting fasting from all forms of sensory use and with "spiritual intent" to get to the deepest levels of healing.

It is not wise to do energetic work without knowing/understanding how it works, first you must clean and reset the body, then naturally the mind calms and you can tune energy work and work on deeper levels with emotional healing and such in which creates the holy trinity(spiritual purification).

When your body becomes extremely clean, it becomes a superconductor to universal energy/insight and from there depending on how well you embody and integrate the true essence of who you are is how deep and effective your healing becomes on all levels.

Hope this helps

B R E A T H E

13 minutes ago, pluto said:

@Lister Apologies for the misunderstanding. When i say fasting mean it as a complete kit, not just fasting from physical nourishment. The type of healing work i provide dates back thousands of years and is rare to come by via text although it is mentioned in the emerald tablets to some extent, there is a lot more to it on an energetic level that you can tap into but without step one of fasting on a physical level, its extremely challenging to clear/reset blockages on an energetic level. When you go through this process, you usually become extremely clean thus far more conductive to receiving higher energies/downloads where from there it should be natural for you to work on deeper levels in which is why i also suggesting fasting from all forms of sensory use and with "spiritual intent" to get to the deepest levels of healing.

It is not wise to do energetic work without knowing/understanding how it works, first you must clean and reset the body, then naturally the mind calms and you can tune energy work and work on deeper levels with emotional healing and such in which creates the holy trinity(spiritual purification).

When your body becomes extremely clean, it becomes a superconductor to universal energy/insight and from there depending on how well you embody and integrate the true essence of who you are is how deep and effective your healing becomes on all levels.

Hope this helps

David Deida talks about this technique a lot. But you're saying that it's pointless doing breathing, meditation, shadow work, psychs, when all of these don't work because the only true way to heal is to enforce sensory deprivation?