Anirban657

How to be aware of awareness?

42 posts in this topic

Thanks both, great answers 9_9

@zeroISinfinity    I'd say my desire for Truth doesn't come from my ego (which is scared of Truth!) but a deeper level which is rather, gently encouraging and urging me on, instead of desiring. I use regular ordinary techniques, they're powerful enough for me. 

@Eu Sint   I'm finding there isn't much self to enquire into, mostly just awareness of sounds, sensations, thoughts etc. Probably because I usually meditate at night, in the dark when my ego is quieter anyway. So, the self-enquiry feels very similar to letting-go technique, only subtly different, perhaps this will change in the weeks ahead. I'm considering incorporating self-enquiry into daily life mindfulness practice, when my ego is more active, I have a clearer sense of self/other. 

Coming back to the 'aware of awareness', I don't really get that either. What it feels like is that awareness drops off and is replaced with suchness, isness. I'm wondering if those are just different names for 'aware of awareness' or something else. 

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

On 04.05.2019 at 2:16 PM, Jkris said:

You know you are.How do you know you are ?

What is the feeling that makes you think you exist ?

That is the I feeling or me feeling or I am Ness or sense of seperate self or sense of seperatedness. 

It is always present in waking state and disappears momentarily when you get deeply involved in thinking or some activity.

In sleep it is absent.

Hold on to this I feeling continuously when ever you have free time.It is not just 30 minutes meditation.It has to be as long as possible.

Hope it is clear.Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Very well and simply pointed.. Easy to understand for everyone. But even so it's too simple to be true, isnt it??.    I will continue with a short story, because it’s related to this and people love stories. I remember when I had to say such a great revelation of "I am". At the end of an experience with LSD, after a peak of six hours, in that comeback which followed,I decided to do self-inquiry with the most intriguing question of my life "Who am I".It wasn't like I hadn't done this before, because I used to do this all the time during the day, even though I was involved in all kinds of activities. But it had become a bit automatic and now I wanted to integrate in the calm and peace that comes when returning from the trip. Everything went like this, I mentally asked the question and waited for an answer. He came up in the form of a deep and profound understanding that "I am this invisible ,constant, and perfectly still presence that has been the witness of my whole story life since then.I understood that I am the same silent and unchanging presence that witnessed all the changes that have taken place throughout my life.I was then bombarded by a wide range of questions such as: How could I look elsewhere when I was here all the time?Oh my God this is me? But I've known this forever, it's unbelievable. That's all ? It can't just be that much. Yes, That is me.

I was laughing or I started to cry being filled with unlimited joy. Then I fell into a deep contemplative state, feeling an infinite love for the simple fact that I only exist. There were almost 5 hours lived at an indescribable intensity. "

Everything is just about it, be present here and now.

Infinite Love.?