Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rinne

1P-LSD vs LSD-25

11 posts in this topic

Anyone have some experience with 1P-LSD? 

Im trying to do some research on 1P-LSD but it doesnt seem like its much out there. Maybe i need to look harder. 

Have quite some experience with microdosing and small doses up to 75uq, no difference for me in this range

@Rinne 1p-LSD has an extra phosphate (p) that gets clipped off in the body - regular LSD results. 

I previously had the same question as you and searched for experienced psychonauts online for the answer. I came across several that did blind experiments and could not tell the difference. Overall, I concluded there are no clear major differences between the two. There may be some subtle quantitative differences regarding dosage and trip length - yet based on what I’ve read there doesn’t seem to be any qualitative differences of the trip itself. 

@Serotoninluv it's not a phosphate but a propionyl group (3 carbons, a double bonded oxygen and some H), but same idea - it gets cleaved off in the body and turns into normal old LSD.

Some people claim it has a slightly different onset profile, which is possible since it's onset might be delayed due to this metabolic step of cleaving off the 1p bit. On the other hand it could all be in claimants' heads, since the cleaving step might happen immediately in the gut or bloodstream . I'm of the camp that says it's exactly the same, or if there is some difference it's negligible and irrelevant.

TL;DR

1P-LSD is the same as LSD

(but it's probably not illegal where you live)

what a beautiful time we live in

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

6 minutes ago, outlandish said:

@Serotoninluv it's not a phosphate but a propionyl group (3 carbons, a double bonded oxygen and some H), but same idea - it gets cleaved off in the body and turns into normal old LSD.

Thanks for the clarity. In molecular biology “P” is used to represent a phosphate group on a molecule. I’ve become so conditioned that sometimes I forget those darn chemists speak another language. ?

@Serotoninluv I don't think it's even really a standard chemical nickname, just a convention used for the LSD variants. The proper IUPAC names for these are hard to read!

In case anyone cares, there's also:

• 1a-LSD with an acetyl group in the same position - (1 carbon + double bonded oxygen). It is also called ALD-52
  • 1b-LSD has a butanoyl (did I get that right) substitution - (4 carbons + double bonded oxygen)

All of these 1a, 1p and 1b are considered "prodrugs" of LSD, so they behave similarly in that the substituted bit cleaves off in the body, leaving behind LSD. 

You might ask what about 1v-LSD which would be the vinyl group - 2 carbons and the double boded oxygen. Apparently that substitution either can't be synthesized, or else the molecule would form a useless polymer.

More interesting than these 1-sub prodrug substitutions (IMHO) are the 6-subs which are actually distinct drugs rather than prodrugs. This series includes AL-LAD and ETH-LAD.

LAD is synonymous with LSD. Where LSD/LAD has a hydrogen methyl at the 6-position, AL-LAD has an allyl, and ETH-LAD has an ethyl. (Actually you could call LSD "METH-LAD", but then people would be really sketched out because it sounds like "meth lab")

Edited by outlandish
Fix LSD's 6-sub

@outlandish That makes more sense. It seems like a convenient abbreviation system outside the more complex standard chemical system. Perhaps similar to how field biologists use more complex genus-species names, while laypeople use common names.

Yeah similar to that

On 3/5/2019 at 5:30 AM, Rinne said:

Anyone have some experience with 1P-LSD? 

Im trying to do some research on 1P-LSD but it doesnt seem like its much out there. Maybe i need to look harder. 

You kidding?