Flatworld Crusades

Sane, crazy, insanity and psychosis

90 posts in this topic

"Being trapped in an insane reality."

Haha perfectly describes my spiritual awakening. Reality it is anyway, no more unreal than the ordinary physical reality. 

I see an answer here for me over sanity etc, is that it's an individual's  interpretation of the situation, and to be flexible around my understanding of the message. 

23 minutes ago, Conrad said:

"Being trapped in an insane reality."

Haha perfectly describes my spiritual awakening. Reality it is anyway, no more unreal than the ordinary physical reality. 

I think there are different interpretations of “insane”. The hardcore deeper insane stuff is serious. I can’t see how a mind could respond “Haha” to it. I’m terrified of returning there and I take a lot of pre-cautions so I don’t return there. 

Yet there is also a lighter form of “insanity” we commonly discuss light-heartedly.

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I think there are different interpretations of “insane”. The hardcore deeper insane stuff is serious. I can’t see how a mind could respond “Haha” to it. I’m terrified of returning there and I take a lot of pre-cautions so I don’t return there. 

Yet there is also a lighter form of “insanity” we commonly discuss light-heartedly.

Ditto. Totally destroyed my life. 

40 minutes ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

I agree with this. I think stretching the boundaries of our realities, or opening areas of our mind not experienced before, like being high on drugs, still are encompassed as normal or sane.  I can identify with being trapped in an insane reality. It's one that the law defines as legally incompetent. 

So I think a lot of what I have read here are personal interpretations. 

Ime, psychedelics can stretch the boundaries of reality. Yet they can also take a mind into insanity zones in extreme cases. It’s temporary, yet during the experience, sense of time can dissolve and experience is it will never end and there is no way out. 

I agree on the personal interpretations. There are some people that mean well, yet have not had the direct experience. As well, I’ve had temporary episodes that I would consider insane, as well as others who have experienced insanity. Yet I’m also aware that I have limited experience in this area and have only experienced a few forms of insanity. There are many others I have not experienced.

It’s like someone who burned themself touching a stove one time  telling a victim who got burned alive in a house fire  “Yea, I know how it is. I’ve gotten burned myself”. They may mean well, yet just don’t understand the degrees of intensity.

14 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It’s like someone who burned themself touching a stove one time  telling a victim who got burned alive in a house fire  “Yea, I know how it is. I’ve gotten burned myself”. They may mean well, yet just don’t understand the degrees of intensity.

Easy for me, I can just smile and keep quite. I'm no ones teacher or moderator B|

The thing about my delusions is that there is a possibility  that they could be true (and not delusions), and that possibility keeps me up at night. 

15 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

The thing about my delusions is that there is a possibility  that they could be true (and not delusions), and that possibility keeps me up at night. 

That's life. What keep us in the illusion of Maya is thinking that everything is real. Or let's say serious, important... 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

8 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

That's life. What keep us in the illusion of Maya is thinking that everything is real. Or let's say serious, important... 

Good point

@EvilAngel @abrakamowse So are you saying that the delusion became reality? How does that happen? If I'm In a delusional state and I believe I'm Wonderwoman and have super powers obviously that is untrue. Are you talking about a different style of delusion

i hope I explained that clearly¬¬ 

2 minutes ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

@EvilAngel @abrakamowse So are you saying that the delusion became reality? How does that happen? If I'm In a delusional state and I believe I'm Wonderwoman and have super powers obviously that is untrue. Are you talking about a different style of delusion

i hope I explained that clearly¬¬ 

Delusions must have some basis in reality or at least be remotely possible otherwise they wouldn't occur. Who would believe they could shoot fire from their fingers when they try it and it doesn't work? Nobody I guess. However, someone believing, for example, that their whole life is a set-up, involving a great many people...this could be true - and that's my point - that beliefs such as this can seem extremely far fetched, and this they may be, yet that does not rule them out completely. 

10 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

Delusions must have some basis in reality or at least be remotely possible otherwise they wouldn't occur. Who would believe they could shoot fire from their fingers when they try it and it doesn't work? Nobody I guess. However, someone believing, for example, that their whole life is a set-up, involving a great many people...this could be true - and that's my point - that beliefs such as this can seem extremely far fetched, and this they may be, yet that does not rule them out completely. 

Ohhhhh, the penny drops. We are talking about 2 different things. You are talking about delusions based in reality, and I'm sitting over here in my Wonderwoman outfit shooting firing fire from my fingers. (Joking ?). In the world of the mentally insane delusions are completely detached from any reality. 

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

There are insane levels much much deeper that I would not wish on anyone. Like being trapped in an insane reality. It can go into some horrifying stuff.

Extreamly well put. This is really not awakening, yes it can teach you about sanity and other intresting this but it is HORRIFIC. 

In insanity, your mind takes over in a very painful way. It is all mind, which is taking over by creating meaning to everything. There is no peace. There is no love. There is violent delusion. After awekening there is peacefulness, understanding. After and during psychosis there is horrible depression, suicidal thoughts along with other very mind related things.

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

This has not been my experience. To me, that idea sounds like a sane perspective on insanity. A couple of my episodes had no thoughts involved.

In my experience with insanity, there is no thinking about whether it’s sane or insane. There is no rational thought process comparing the activity in my head to others. It’s not rational, it’s insane. . . . I’m not referring to mild stuff like ideas that I may have a paranormal skill and worry others might think I’m insane. There are insane levels much much deeper that I would not wish on anyone. Like being trapped in an insane reality. It can go into some horrifying stuff.

he means is it actually takes a perspective/POV to label anyone including yourself as sane or insane. If one is lost in insanity they are lost in their perspective in relation to an idea. This was exactly the case in my horrifying trip down the rabbit hole 

My definition for insanity would be  “mind trapped in resistance unable to surrender” but some minds may desire to be trapped in a certain pattern of resistance, so for them It’s not insane  

Edited by DrewNows

13 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

he means is it actually takes a perspective/POV to label anyone including yourself as sane or insane. If one is lost in insanity they are lost in their perspective in relation to an idea. This was exactly the case in my horrifying trip down the rabbit hole 

To me, the original quote trivializes the direct experience of insanity by reducing it to a label. I don’t care what word is used. I’m more concerned about the direct experience. And the direct experience is not dependent upon an intellectual pov or label.

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

To me, the original quote trivializes the direct experience of insanity by reducing it to a label. I don’t care what word is used. I’m more concerned about the direct experience. And the direct experience is not dependent upon an intellectual pov or label.

It is completely dependent on one’s perspective, is it not? That’s what creates it 

Edited by DrewNows

18 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

It is completely dependent on one’s perspective, is it not? 

I would say no. Stick your hand in a fire and tell me if the experience is completely dependent on one’s perspective.

The direct experience carries much more weight for me than an intellectual analysis.

I had a friend who believed her mother was dying and only she could save her mother, yet she didn’t know how. She became paralyzed and flipped out. That is until the psych unit arrived and put her in a straight jacket as she screamed yo save her mother. For two days she believed she killed her mother. Absolute hell. . . . To me, that hellish suffering is not dependent on what her perspective of insanity was.

18 minutes ago, shamaanitar said:

Extreamly well put. This is really not awakening, yes it can teach you about sanity and other intresting this but it is HORRIFIC. 

In insanity, your mind takes over in a very painful way. It is all mind, which is taking over by creating meaning to everything. There is no peace. There is no love. There is violent delusion. After awekening there is peacefulness, understanding. After and during psychosis there is horrible depression, suicidal thoughts along with other very mind related things.

My experiences are very different to this, and I'd suggest this explanation only applies to a section of those who who have suffered psychosis. 

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I would say no. Stick your hand in a fire and tell me if the experience is completely dependent on one’s perspective.

The direct experience carries much more weight for me than an intellectual analysis.

My hearts thumping.  I need to go for a walk.