bejapuskas

Sadhguru and yogic sciences

21 posts in this topic

Lately I've been watching some of Sadhguru's content. He seems like a really legit guy, I am fond of him, but sometimes what he says really confuses me :D It isn't like it triggers me, but I just don't know what he means and I wanna explore further, learn more. An example would be this video:

How can you evolve like this? What are these chakras in the body, that are influenced by the Solar system? And all these other things... Have some of you guys tried to dig deeper into this topic? I am curious....

He is from an Indian background, so maybe he's talking about things that could be explained in a simpler manner for a westerner.

Or you need to be woke to understand.

Or maybe he's deluded, it's not because he's Sadhguru that he is right about everything, Indian dogmas are quite heavy.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

7 hours ago, Shin said:

He is from an Indian background, so maybe he's talking about things that could be explained in a simpler manner for a westerner.

Oh yeh I get what you're saying :D 

7 hours ago, Shin said:

Or you need to be woke to understand.

Idk, maybe that is the issue?

7 hours ago, Shin said:

Or maybe he's deluded, it's not because he's Sadhguru that he is right about everything, Indian dogmas are quite heavy.

I don't think so, he obviously knows a lot about health.

@bejapuskas He is the real deal, but i wouldn't recommend his youtube videos as a reference for realization. 

Just now, FoxFoxFox said:

@bejapuskas He is the real deal, but i wouldn't recommend his youtube videos as a reference for realization. 

Yeh, I have teachers who suit me better in this area :) I am mainly interested in the „scientific“ stuff that he talks about. Is there any way to learn about that?

@bejapuskas Well, i would say that for the purposes of realization, that "science" stuff is completely unnecessary, and will probably lead you astray.

you can read these if you are really interested tho:

Pratyabhijnahridayam

Vijñānabhairava

Spanda Kārikās

Tripura Rahasya

Advaita Vedanta

etc.

4 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@bejapuskas Well, i would say that for the purposes of realization, that "science" stuff is completely unnecessary, and will probably lead you astray.

you can read these if you are really interested tho:

Pratyabhijnahridayam

Vijñānabhairava

Spanda Kārikās

Tripura Rahasya

Advaita Vedanta

etc.

Oh yeh, I am working on realization as well, in a different way. I just want to learn more about physical health too. Thanks for the recommendations :D 

Just now, bejapuskas said:

Oh yeh, I am working on realization as well, in a different way. I just want to learn more about physical health too. Thanks for the recommendations :D 

After hundreds of hours of his videos, the only thing I got to know about health is that I should do inner engineering, and some things about what to consume and fasting(also concept of positive and negative panic foods) . So yeah, if you are actually interested in health through nutrition and supplements, I would say, more information about human endocrinology, which foods triggers what hormones is a nice way to start. Check out the Bulletproof forum, I found it really helpful. 

@bejapuskas Oh sorry. I don't think you'll find much about physical health in those texts. For that you want texts on Asana, and stuff like that. Honestly, new age yoga is the best for that stuff.

5 minutes ago, Devansh Saharan said:

After hundreds of hours of his videos, the only thing I got to know about health is that I should do inner engineering, and some things about what to consume and fasting(also concept of positive and negative panic foods) . So yeah, if you are actually interested in health through nutrition and supplements, I would say, more information about human endocrinology, which foods triggers what hormones is a nice way to start. Check out the Bulletproof forum, I found it really helpful. 

Yeh exactly, that's why I am looking for more in-depth stuff about what he talks about :)

5 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@bejapuskas Oh sorry. I don't think you'll find much about physical health in those texts. For that you want texts on Asana, and stuff like that. Honestly, new age yoga is the best for that stuff.

I see, it doesn't matter :D What are these texts about? What do you mean by that? 

This topic is kind of weird, I am not sure if it should stay in spirituality or be moved to like self-actualization or health? xD It is kind of related to everything.

Well one is the Vedanta itself, nobody can really say what it's about with a straight face. :D

Some are treatise about the Self. Scriptures that attempt to teach about enlightenment.

A few are Kundalini Yoga books with specific techniques.

Neither one is necessary for self-realization, or health. 

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

Výsledek obrázku pro sadhguru memes

Lmao! :D

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

301nea.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

17 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@FoxFoxFox  :D 

@Preetom  That's what most actualized.org people are imo xDxDxD 

people that rub you in the wrong way are some of the best teachers you'll ever have B|

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

I don't particularly enjoy physics, chemistry and biology at school, so maybe this science is more enjoyable xD 

What he talks about when he says that the solar system affects us is that he is trying to show us how in a cosmic scale, we are derived from this solar system and all our energies comes from no where but the sun itself. So there is a very interctate connection between living beings on earth and the solar system itself. So the more aligned we are with the geometry of the sun, the more health benefits we can reap out of it, both psychologically and physiologically. 

If you check out Sadhguru's videos on "Hatha Yoga" you can get introduced into this more. Also if you are looking for a particular practice that can help you get these health benefits, check out "Surya Kriya" although any Hatha Yoga practice should do but I think this one in particular is quite powerful. You can learn these yoga practices in depth by a certified Isha teacher and they could be found all over the world these days. Type in "Isha Teacher finder" on Google and you can find a teacher close by to you. 

@Chi_  Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for haha

I will probably invest in some of these programmes.